Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not s
My daughter is 18 and has drunk the kool aid 🙁. She thinks I’m a dreadful old dinosaur. 6 months ago she was conflicted by it all but now she seems to be sucked in by the social media campaigning for ‘allyship’.
Hi I don't know your daughter but I left north america right when this was getting overwhelmingly popular a couple years ago and being in a place that isn't dominated by this helps you think critically.. just a thought.

My sibling has completely drunk the kool-aid by now and sexual preference doesn't mean much apparently.

Reactions: 1
As someone who is part of the LGBT community, it's really saddening to me that some people are seemingly erasing cisgender women's rights and voices. I know many trans men and women and not one of them has said anything remotely like what I've just read through. I really hope no one thinks this is how the majority of LGBT people think, because it's really not. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No. Just no. I cannot and will not believe this was printed.
Well, believe it. There was also one council who put up a teenage sex guide online and one of the bullet points involved “scat” (if you don’t know what it is, DON’T google it - it’s a fetish involving feces, eating it, pooing on each other, smearing it, etc) 🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 6
As someone who is part of the LGBT community, it's really saddening to me that some people are seemingly erasing cisgender women's rights and voices. I know many trans men and women and not one of them has said anything remotely like what I've just read through. I really hope no one thinks this is how the majority of LGBT people think, because it's really not. :(
Well, that’s what happens when the loonies take over the asylum and the reasonable guards stand back and watch indulgently. I am gay myself and distance myself from “LGBT” more and more everyday, and it goes without saying, the T now needs to be disassociated with the LGB before a serious kick back starts. Stonewall getting the hell sued out of them by Allison Bailey would be a start.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
this is reassuring to hear honestly.

i don't believe in being called cisgender, but still it's reassuring to know not everyone shares these extreme views

Reactions: 10
To those whose family members have “drunk the cool aid” I’ve found asking them why they support homophobic gay conversion therapy in a shocked voice seems to work. Which, it is. NOBODY is born in the wrong body. It’s illogical and old-fashioned.

Reactions: 8
I’m not a ‘cis’ woman. I’m a woman. I’ve never required a pre-fixed label before and I sure as tit don’t require one now. It is reassuring though that this isn’t the opinion of the majority, but the majority needs to speak out continually. It needs to shout louder than the rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Free speech here dude

I actually feel really depressed about all this.
I’ve got two little girls, I’m very worried about the world I’ve brought them into
I have 2 daughters too. I am SO scared for their futures. I don’t much care about how it affects me, but I would do anything to protect my girls from this tit show. They are not ‘vagina havers’ they are girls who will grow up into women, their reproductive system is a FEMALE one always has been and always will be and they will grow up knowing these basic facts at the very least and I won’t accept anyone trying to gaslight them into thinking anything different.

Reactions: 7
This is so depressing really but I try and laugh about it most of the time by following JKR and satire accounts on twitter. It's such non-sense, when they use menstruators when talking about women do women who aren't menstruating because of menopause, meds not count right now? I'm trolling but it's just so ridiculous

Reactions: 3
To those whose family members have “drunk the cool aid” I’ve found asking them why they support homophobic gay conversion therapy in a shocked voice seems to work. Which, it is. NOBODY is born in the wrong body. It’s illogical and old-fashioned.
Yes! I’ve never understood the “wrong body” argument. Your sex is determined by biology, not feeling. What do men wanting to transition think being a woman is supposed to feel like? I mean, if that’s how you think you’ll be happiest - living as the opposite sex - then go for it. It’s not my place to judge your life and decisions and, quite honestly, I don’t give a tit what you do. But in the process you’ve got no right to muddy, take away or threaten my identity or safety as a biological woman. If you commit crimes, they should not skew data on exactly who has committed it. And, most of all, you have no right to project or normalise your choices onto children.

I’m also sad for the gay, bi and lesbian community and how it’s all lumped together as “sexuality”. It’s not.

Also have a growing dislike for drag, but that’s another thing entirely.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I know! I used to hate him. But this year he’s stood up for the nhs and women’s rights!!

Reactions: 10
Boy George actually admitted how much support we have there.

Most TRAs want to pretend that people with our views are a tiny extremist minority.

Boy George has previously riled TRAs, so he’s either trying and failing to suck up to the T’s, or he’s subtly showing support by exposing how popular “our side” is?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.