Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has popped up more than once on my Instagram feed and it’s pissing me off.

It’s well known that black women are more likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth due to institutional racism that means their concerns are ignored and their pain is dismissed. It’s really important that campaigns exist to publicise this.

But don’t call them black birthing people.

I mean WTF? Can you think of a more nonsensical, dehumanising word salad than “black birthing people”?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
It’s getting silly now. Women literally can’t have anything, we can’t call anything our own, how much of the population do trans people make up? Something like 1%? And yet here they are trying to dominate a discussion about how women use language to describe ourselves. And it’s not in the name of inclusivity, because no one trying to police men’s language to the same extent. I’ve not once seen any sort of charity or organisation refer to men as ‘prostate havers’ or ‘people who ejaculate’ yet plenty seem to think the word woman is a dirty word. The PCOS sub on Reddit and now the Period sub has been subject to TRA’s trying to police their language as well. I just did a quick search and PCOS is no longer private but is preaching about lgbtqiabcd inclusivity in their description which they’ve added in probably because of pressure from Reddit mods. r/periods has been targeted because they have in their rules that they do not accept women being called things like ‘menstruators’ which is apparently ‘terfy’. The bar for being a ‘terf’ seems to be getting lower and lower, anything that even remotely resembles women setting boundaries is ‘terfy’ so it seems.

Just leave us the duck alone???It is exhausting. There is literally no need to be on a period or pcos sub if you’re a male. If you’re a female who is a trans man then you should have the intelligence to understand the difference between ‘sex and gender’ like you lot have been telling us over and over and realise you have a female body and always will regardless of what you identify as. It shouldn’t offend you to hear female people aka women talking about something using female and factually correct language. Also, why isn’t ‘women and trans men’ acceptable when it comes to talking about female issues? Why can’t it be ‘women and trans men who are pregnant’ or ‘women and trans men with pcos’ I know it’s a bit of a mouthful, but women get to keep our language whilst trans men dont feel excluded. Can’t help with the trans women part when it comes to periods or pcos spaces because they have no business being in either space.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It’s getting silly now. Women literally can’t have anything, we can’t call anything our own, how much of the population do trans people make up? Something like 1%? And yet here they are trying to dominate a discussion about how women use language to describe ourselves. And it’s not in the name of inclusivity, because no one trying to police men’s language to the same extent. I’ve not once seen any sort of charity or organisation refer to men as ‘prostate havers’ or ‘people who ejaculate’ yet plenty seem to think the word woman is a dirty word (people who menstruate, pregnant people etc) The PCOS sub on Reddit and now the Period sub has been subject to TRA’s trying to police their language as well. I just did a quick search and PCOS is no longer private but is preaching about lgbtqiabcd inclusivity in their description which they’ve added in probably because of pressure from Reddit mods. r/periods has been targeted because they have in their rules that they do not accept women being called things like ‘menstruators’ which is apparently ‘terfy’. The bar for being a ‘terf’ seems to be getting lower and lower, anything that even remotely resembles women setting boundaries is ‘terfy’ so it seems.

Just leave us the duck alone???It is exhausting. There is literally no need to be on a period or pcos sub if you’re a male. If you’re a female who is a trans man then you should have the intelligence to understand the difference between ‘sex and gender’ like you lot have been telling us over and over and realise you have a female body and always will regardless of what you identify as. I just don’t understand what is wrong with the words: woman, trans woman, man, trans man. Why are women having to be the accommodating ones all the time.
Oh the PCOS mods have been replaced with TRAs because the old ones weren't bowing down to pressure

ALSO if you look closer you'll see that most of this TRA brigading in female sub reddits comes from TWs

Remember that they don't care about men especially straight men as much because "we already know men are trash"

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Oh the PCOS mods have been replaced with TRAs because the old ones weren't bowing down to pressure

ALSO if you look closer you'll see that most of this TRA brigading in female sub reddits comes from TWs

Remember that they don't care about men especially straight men as much because "we already know men are trash"
duck that explains A LOT. How disappointing. Wouldn’t be surprised if the new mods included trans women too. It creeps me out.

Oh I know most of the brigading is from TW’s, that’s what pisses me off even more. These Male bodied people haven’t got the first clue of what it’s like to have a female body. So who the duck do they think they are barging into women’s spaces and acting like they know it all and trying to change how language is used. But apparently we can’t call out this behaviour anymore because that would be ‘transphobic’. How far do these people have to go before people wake up and realise what’s happening here?

Reactions: 13
duck that explains A LOT. How disappointing. Wouldn’t be surprised if the new mods included trans women too. It creeps me out.

Oh I know most of the brigading is from TW’s, that’s what pisses me off even more. These Male bodied people haven’t got the first clue of what it’s like to have a female body. So who the duck do they think they are barging into women’s spaces and acting like they know it all and trying to change how language is used. But apparently we can’t call out this behaviour anymore because that would be ‘transphobic’. How far do these people have to go before people wake up and realise what’s happening here?
I think most have woken up but unlike JKR we can't do it publicly because we don't have fu money. However, we can vote and put our purchasing power to good use.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s getting silly now. Women literally can’t have anything, we can’t call anything our own, how much of the population do trans people make up? Something like 1%? And yet here they are trying to dominate a discussion about how women use language to describe ourselves.
Not only that, but what tiny percentage of trans men go on to give birth? We are changing the entire language around pregnancy and childbirth because an infinitesimally small number of pregnant females identify as men/NB. Insanity.

At least Atwood isn't a complete moron.

I used to roll my eyes at right wing people shouting about free speech and think, well you're not going to be locked up for your opinion, you might just have people vehemently disagreeing with you. But either the definition of hate speech has expanded uncontrollably or it's just anything goes now. People should be able to voice their opinion not only without being locked up but also without losing their jobs or receiving torrents of verbal abuse and harassment. There is a difference between a KKK member or a terrorist (whose hate they should face consequences for) and someone who just doesn't identify with the extreme left. The far-left are the ultimate fascists right now in our society.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
At least Atwood isn't a complete moron.

I used to roll my eyes at right wing people shouting about free speech and think, well you're not going to be locked up for your opinion, you might just have people vehemently disagreeing with you. But either the definition of hate speech has expanded uncontrollably or it's just anything goes now. People should be able to voice their opinion not only without being locked up but also without losing their jobs or receiving torrents of verbal abuse and harassment. There is a difference between a KKK member or a terrorist (whose hate they should face consequences for) and someone who just doesn't identify with the extreme left. The far-left are the ultimate fascists right now in our society.
Right isn't Atwood the one denying that there's anything wrong with this movement?

Reactions: 1
Sorry to keep banging on about Reddit but r/gcguys is still going strong and if anything has been way more active lately which absolutely shows exactly what this agenda is about. They haven’t even been quarantined or set to private in amidst all this, not that i want them to be of course but that sub is literally r/gender critical with mostly Male posters instead of mostly female, so if r/gc breaks their guidelines somehow then surely so does r/gcguys and I don’t buy that they are somehow unaware of its existence because some TRA somewhere will have reported it at least once. No, this along with censoring, brigading and sudden rebranding of subs dedicated to female only specific health issues just shows me that the recent banning of certain subs isn’t about breaking guidelines at all but an extreme hatred for women and women only issues. That’s the only logical reason for gcguys still existing at this point, men are allowed to talk and have opinions. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if they were on their way since a lot of gc posters have gone over there.

Not been on this thread for a number of days but I see JK Rowling is on fire on Twitter and does not give a duck anymore. Good on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry to keep banging on about Reddit but r/gcguys is still going strong and if anything has been way more active lately which absolutely shows exactly what this agenda is about. They haven’t even been quarantined or set to private in amidst all this, not that i want them to be of course but that sub is literally r/gender critical with mostly Male posters instead of mostly female, so if r/gc breaks their guidelines somehow then surely so does r/gcguys and I don’t buy that they are somehow unaware of its existence because some TRA somewhere will have reported it at least once. No, this along with censoring, brigading and sudden rebranding of subs dedicated to female only specific health issues just shows me that the recent banning of certain subs isn’t about breaking guidelines at all but an extreme hatred for women and women only issues. That’s the only logical reason for gcguys still existing at this point, men are allowed to talk and have opinions. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if they were on their way since a lot of gc posters have gone over there.
Honestly you don't need to apologise, you're not banging on (and even if you were, you have the bloody right to!!) . I still keeping thinking about it a lot and checking in on the gc guys sub to see what they're saying and if it's still up. I'm really shocked by it all, they don't even bother to try be subtle anymore. It's out-and-out hate.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The only solace I can get out of this is thinking hopefully this is a case of things having to get worse to get better. The TRAs are incredibly cocky and keep pushing and pushing for more outrageous demands that eventually the tide will turn against them. Outside of the internet and cowardly/compromised companies, how many real women above the age of 25 actually agree with these lunatics? I think they'll only be able to get so far before they're stopped.

Reactions: 12
This might be triggering/revolting/be prepared.

The homophobic rethoric lesbians have to deal with from the extremists: https://lesbian-rights-nz.org/shame...OBo8lrQcYk6GElP7yj5pqQIYBoh19bZ99euwE_peiFHUQ

Disclaimer: I appreciate trans people who aren't actively oppressing others, like the few older ones on twitter who have started speaking out about this.
My heart really breaks for lesbians. I will always stand with them to defend their existence. Again, why is this happening far less to gay men?! Obviously not that I think it should be happening to gay men. LGB separating from the T makes so much sense. How are sexualities and gender identities remotely the same thing?

Thanks for sharing this btw, will be great to have when people claim this doesn't happen

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That’s another thing I don’t get. Why are T’s lumped in with LGB? Sexuality and gender identity are not the same.

• Heart
This might be triggering/revolting/be prepared.

The homophobic rethoric lesbians have to deal with from the extremists: https://lesbian-rights-nz.org/shame...OBo8lrQcYk6GElP7yj5pqQIYBoh19bZ99euwE_peiFHUQ

Disclaimer: I appreciate trans people who aren't actively oppressing others, like the few older ones on twitter who have started speaking out about this.
this is so scary, and yeah, funnier that it’s never gay men who are targeted!

im bisexual and the same sort of rhetoric is given to bisexuals that although it means ‘attraction to two‘, and you like women, you have to like trans women too. I am very female leaning (used to identify as a lesbian and have only just come to terms with being bi) and if I found out my girlfriend had a penis it’d be an instant turn off and I couldn’t continue the relationship, never mind have sex. I think if I had a GF who had transitioned fully including surgery below - fine - but all this ‘lady dick’ stuff, nah. Oxymoronic!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Transgender Trend have started a campaign to coincide with Jo Rowling's birthday on 31st July, asking supporters to print or email a letter they have composed and send to the BBC, Guardian & New York Times.

"
It is our hope that together we can help to usher in a new beginning where we can have important conversations that until now have been substantially ignored by the liberal mainstream media. Given our mutual desire to support gender non-conforming individuals, we believe that it is vitally important for leading media to cover these crucial and under-reported stories.

• The extraordinary growth in the number of adolescents with gender dysphoria
  • The link between increasingly rigid gendered expectations and gender dysphoria in childhood
  • The social pressures on lesbian, gay and bisexual youth to conform to sex role stereotypes and/or change their bodies
  • The complex issues facing the growing number of detransitioners
  • The potential impact the enshrinement of gender identity has upon sex-based rights, single-sex spaces, and sports for women and girls
"

Link: Happy Birthday JK Rowling

Also.... "Should transgender procedures and hormone treatments be available to under-18s?"

I nearly cried watching this last night, finally a calm sensible discussion without someone screaming TERF! Transphobe! Susan Evans is a ledge.

Reactions: 10

im bisexual and the same sort of rhetoric is given to bisexuals that although it means ‘attraction to two‘, and you like women, you have to like trans women too. I am very female leaning (used to identify as a lesbian and have only just come to terms with being bi) and if I found out my girlfriend had a penis it’d be an instant turn off and I couldn’t continue the relationship, never mind have sex. I think if I had a GF who had transitioned fully including surgery below - fine - but all this ‘lady dick’ stuff, nah. Oxymoronic!
Yeah I always thought that bisexual meant you were attracted to men and women, and that pansexual meant you're attracting to everyone including trans. I've seen an awful lot of people say bisexuality isn't valid or it's transphobic and bi people should actually identify as pan. They're erasing L,G, and B one by one, wtf

Transgender Trend have started a campaign to coincide with Jo Rowling's birthday on 31st July, asking supporters to print or email a letter they have composed and send to the BBC, Guardian & New York Times.

"
It is our hope that together we can help to usher in a new beginning where we can have important conversations that until now have been substantially ignored by the liberal mainstream media. Given our mutual desire to support gender non-conforming individuals, we believe that it is vitally important for leading media to cover these crucial and under-reported stories.

• The extraordinary growth in the number of adolescents with gender dysphoria
  • The link between increasingly rigid gendered expectations and gender dysphoria in childhood
  • The social pressures on lesbian, gay and bisexual youth to conform to sex role stereotypes and/or change their bodies
  • The complex issues facing the growing number of detransitioners
  • The potential impact the enshrinement of gender identity has upon sex-based rights, single-sex spaces, and sports for women and girls
"

Link: Happy Birthday JK Rowling

Also.... "Should transgender procedures and hormone treatments be available to under-18s?"

I nearly cried watching this last night, finally a calm sensible discussion without someone screaming TERF! Transphobe! Susan Evans is a ledge.
Oh thank god, I thought this was gonna be a campaign to send abuse on her birthday. This is a great idea! I'm definitely behind this. Gonna give the video a watch now

Edit: Just watched and she is fab! Honestly when I watch things like that I feel like I'm back in the real world where the grown-ups are in charge, not this virtual space on the internet that's ruled by screaming, dictating toddlers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My heart really breaks for lesbians. I will always stand with them to defend their existence. Again, why is this happening far less to gay men?! Obviously not that I think it should be happening to gay men. LGB separating from the T makes so much sense. How are sexualities and gender identities remotely the same thing?

Thanks for sharing this btw, will be great to have when people claim this doesn't happen
Dw I see what you're getting at, I think in a way the gay community is already really appearanced based (tall,fit,dick size, etc..) and so it's already tough for basic men so the trans agenda isn't as easy to enforce (they are starting to try though) Also, TM seem to be less forcefull in their advances perhaps.

I've been lurking on LGBdroptheT reddit and well indeed other groups including straights rarely get it in comparison. I can't believe that in 10 years we went from it's ok to be attracted to the same sex to accept the dick lesbians. It's really sad

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.