Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so depressing really but I try and laugh about it most of the time by following JKR and satire accounts on twitter. It's such non-sense, when they use menstruators when talking about women do women who aren't menstruating because of menopause, meds not count right now? I'm trolling but it's just so ridiculous
I'm not menstruating right now because I have a Mirena coil. I had it fitted as I'm perimenopausal and was having very heavy periods every fortnight. So I was a "super-menstruator" and now I'm a "non-menstruator". Actually, you know what, think I'll just keep calling myself a woman, all this other tit can just tit off!!

Reactions: 11
This was shared on Facebook as a good news story. I mean it's great that this person is happier in themselves now but there's more to being a woman than just wearing earrings and dress, having long hair and going to Debenhams for a makeover

Imagine if it were possible to just, you know... be a man and wear earrings/grow your hair long/wear a dress... :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

I can't believe the idiocy of people falling over themselves to pat these men on the back for insisting that they're actual women, rather than just admitting that 99% of people's personalities don't align perfectly with their prescribed gender roles be they masculine/feminine and thinking maybe we should just make it OK for men to wear sparkly things while still admitting they're male?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm not menstruating right now because I have a Mirena coil. I had it fitted as I'm perimenopausal and was having very heavy periods every fortnight. So I was a "super-menstruator" and now I'm a "non-menstruator". Actually, you know what, think I'll just keep calling myself a woman, all this other tit can just tit off!!
yes because as a non-menstruator that would lump you in with the prostate havers at times.

Reactions: 5
Someone mentioned how all the men supporting extreme trans rights seem to be middle class and aren't typical lads on the street etc. Can back that up by saying my partner is very working class and is a laddish-lad, and he's firmly on our side when I've brought it up with him. His family and friends also think the same if they even bother with the debate at all. I firmly believe this is white, middle class, straight men's time to shine and their chance to insert themselves as an oppressed minority at long last. Or actually more accurately - as women as the oppressor at long last.

Reactions: 15
I honestly can't tell if this is real or not anymore. 😶

Also regarding talk about left/right wing politics, I'm a bit glad that Irish politics isn't as clear cut as that. It's still a shitshow in its own right but there aren't cults of right and left (party-wise) like Republicans/Conservative and Democrats/Labour. I've been living in the UK almost since I finished college/uni but would love to know other Irish people's thoughts on this.

Edit: Oh my word I'm about to tumble down a rabbit hole...
1594053833345.png

What is thiiiiiis?!!!!!!

This is what confirms my belief that gender should not be a thing. Sex is the only thing that should matter.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I honestly can't tell if this is real or not anymore. 😶

Also regarding talk about left/right wing politics, I'm a bit glad that Irish politics isn't as clear cut as that. It's still a shitshow in its own right but there aren't cults of right and left (party-wise) like Republicans/Conservative and Democrats/Labour. I've been living in the UK almost since I finished college/uni but would love to know other Irish people's thoughts on this.

Edit: Oh my word I'm about to tumble down a rabbit hole...
View attachment 173948

What is thiiiiiis?!!!!!!

This is what confirms my belief that gender should not be a thing. Sex is the only thing that should matter.
Agree, 100%.

All the above... it’s almost like... cosplay... 🧐

Reactions: 6
Agree, 100%.

All the above... it’s almost like... cosplay... 🧐
Yep lol, some are like cosplay, some are just personalities, and some are downright mental illnesses.

Like sorry but Littlefluid just sounds like schizophrenia??

• Haha
I’ve visited that cesspit, Twitter, and noticed that a lot of the young “feminist” YouTube influencers are trying to bring down JKR. I guess being seen to be supportive of trans rights is a big score in the “look at how inclusive, amazing and righteous I am” game. More so than feminism and gay rights. Hashtag trending hashtag trans women are women

Yep lol, some are like cosplay, some are just personalities, and some are downright mental illnesses.

Sounds like a brand name for a vaginal dryness product.

• Haha
Also I wonder what the TRAs answer would be to the question of toilets and changing rooms for genderqueer, gender-binary, etc etc?

We all know they only care about MtF gaining acess to female spaces, and they don't want a third space, but what about those other trans peopls, hmm?

Reactions: 7
Also I wonder what the TRAs answer would be to the question of toilets and changing rooms for genderqueer, gender-binary, etc etc?

We all know they only care about MtF gaining acess to female spaces, and they don't want a third space, but what about those other trans peopls, hmm?
women are simply easier to bully

Reactions: 9

I‘m wondering if “littlefluid” links up with “age play” - people with a fetish for pretending they’re children. They call themselves “littles”. It’s really fucked up.

• Sick
The PCOS sub on Reddit has been removed and replaced with "pcos folk" after transphobic complaints. Similarly the pregnancy sub has now had to private itself because of all the trans harassment. R/babybumps is still going for "pregnant redditors" (no mention of women)

What world are we living in? A world where women aren't allowed to discuss inherintly female conditions? More than ever being a woman feels like drawing the short straw. My daughter is only 5 months old but wow I hope the world calms the hell down before she's old enough to know about all this.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The PCOS sub on Reddit has been removed and replaced with "pcos folk" after transphobic complaints. Similarly the pregnancy sub has now had to private itself because of all the trans harassment. R/babybumps is still going for "pregnant redditors" (no mention of women)

What world are we living in? A world where women aren't allowed to discuss inherintly female conditions? More than ever being a woman feels like drawing the short straw. My daughter is only 5 months old but wow I hope the world calms the hell down before she's old enough to know about all this.
It really is scary, the only thing the PCOS reddit commentors we're guilty of was saying that this sub was about a women's disease and not gender identity politics.. and it got mostly policed by... TWs.

So, this confirms that a male sexual predator will dress up as a woman in order to carry out his criminal activities. I know he's not said he's a woman, but the point remains the same.

Reactions: 10
It really is scary, the only thing the PCOS reddit commentors we're guilty of was saying that this sub was about a women's disease and not gender identity politics.. and it got mostly policed by... TWs.
Misogynists just haaaate women talking to each other. Even before Mumsnet was a TERF haven (🤣) it was badly trolled by MRAs: DDoS attacks, hackings... Justine Roberts even had armed police sent to her house.

Reactions: 7
Misogynists just haaaate women talking to each other. Even before Mumsnet was a TERF haven (🤣) it was badly trolled by MRAs: DDoS attacks, hackings... Justine Roberts even had armed police sent to her house.
*runs over to mumsnet*

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.