Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope that Mermaids and their grooming of young, vulnerable and mixed up kids gets blown wide open. Remember the furore around Kids Company and the way their spent their money? The stuff they got up to absolutely pales in comparison to Mermaids.

Reactions: 12
How are these people gaining traction? Who exactly is supporting it, and why?

There is so much that bothers me at the moment. Most people agree with the “all humans are equal and have equal human rights” narrative, and so they should. However I would say the majority, particularly the younger ones and media personalities who they are influenced by, do this on a purely performative basis without joining the dots of the implications of caving into every demand from a disadvantaged group. They want to be SEEN as progressive. SEEN as anti authoritarian. SEEN as inclusive. It’s about them, rather than the complexity of social justice.

Last edited:

I’m half way through this. Buck Angel is a transman. Very interesting, talks about a lot of the things we discus on here

Reactions: 3
I’ve noticed Trans Men’s voices aren’t as much of a focus for the TRA movement. You’d think they would want to amplify all Trans people’s voices?

Why, it’s almost as if even after transitioning people born biologically female are ignored when it’s convenient...(I’m being a bit facetious, but also, not entirely wrong?)

Reactions: 17
#conversiontherapy trending on twitter after the House of Commons asked how it affects the LGBTQ community. Also asking "should it be illegal" and "what would that look like to you"

Mermaids in my opinion are one of the main players in pushing conversion therapy on kids!

They're taking responses to this question up until 13th July if anyone would like to share their views and opinions.

House of Commons Conversion Therapy Survery

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How are these people gaining traction? Who exactly is supporting it, and why?

There is so much that bothers me at the moment. Most people agree with the “all humans are equal and have equal human rights” narrative, and so they should. However I would say the majority, particularly the younger ones and media personalities who they are influenced by, do this on a purely performative basis without joining the dots of the implications of caving into every demand from a disadvantaged group. They want to be SEEN as progressive. SEEN as anti authoritarian. SEEN as inclusive. It’s about them, rather than the complexity of social justice.
Some of the U.S richest billionaire jennifer pritzker, warren buffett have invested in this. Transhumanism tech companies, pharmaceutical companies. I saw online someone stating that their phalloplasty had cost their insurance 250 000$ imagine how much profit there is to make on people needing a life time of drugs and other potential surgeries.

Reactions: 5
So now we are bleeping non prostate owners!!! Apparently the readers of teen vogue are 12-17. The clitoris isn’t even on that diagram!
When JK said this is the most misogynistic time she’s lived through I thought that was a bit ott, now I 100% get it! This is a dreadful time for women

So now we are bleeping non prostate owners!!! Apparently the readers of teen vogue are 12-17. The clitoris isn’t even on that diagram!
When JK said this is the most misogynistic time she’s lived through I thought that was a bit ott, now I 100% get it! This is a dreadful time for women
The worst part of it all, for me anyway, is that it isn’t coming from your everyday, working class male, The jack the lad....believe me I work, as a lone female among 47 men of differing construction trades and NONE of them are promoting this. So, who are the misogynistIc cretins behind this all? What is it that they want? Who is allowing the basic teaching of the anatomy to our young girls to be so misconstrued and why, oh why are so many women allowing it? Why are more of us not speaking up? I don’t understand and frankly it’s so very very worrying.

Reactions: 14
The worst part of it all, for me anyway, is that it isn’t coming from your everyday, working class male, The jack the lad....believe me I work, as a lone female among 47 men of differing construction trades and NONE of them are promoting this. So, who are the misogynistIc cretins behind this all? What is it that they want? Who is allowing the basic teaching of the anatomy to our young girls to be so misconstrued and why, oh why are so many women allowing it? Why are more of us not speaking up? I don’t understand and frankly it’s so very very worrying.
So many woke women willing to throw their own sex under a bus because "inclusivity"

Reactions: 9
The missing clitoris bleeping says it ALL.

I keep wondering about the earlier posters on these threads, the ones who called us TERFs and transphobes. Are they seeing this, or did they stop reading when it became inconvenient?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So many woke women willing to throw their own sex under a bus because "inclusivity"
I just can’t get my cap in gear with it all. I’d love to say so much more but fear I would be booted off tattle and then I’d be forced to join a militant group!

Reactions: 5
Free speech here dude

I actually feel really depressed about all this.
I’ve got two little girls, I’m very worried about the world I’ve brought them into

Reactions: 10
Free speech here dude

I actually feel really depressed about all this.
I’ve got two little girls, I’m very worried about the world I’ve brought them into
This is me too. I have a soon-to-be 6 year old, god knows I will fight tooth and nail to protect her rights and liberty as a female. And I totally agree with the above, it actually scares me how many women out there dance the dance just to seem inclusive, without THINKING. When did we stop thinking things through.

My daughter is 18 and has drunk the kool aid 🙁. She thinks I’m a dreadful old dinosaur. 6 months ago she was conflicted by it all but now she seems to be sucked in by the social media campaigning for ‘allyship’.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My daughter is 18 and has drunk the kool aid 🙁. She thinks I’m a dreadful old dinosaur. 6 months ago she was conflicted by it all but now she seems to be sucked in by the social media campaigning for ‘allyship’.
Therein lies the problem... social media power. It used to be localised peer pressure, now it’s a global phenomenon that pushes and pushes.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My niece is 17 and according to my sister gets very defensive over trans rights. She's always been rather socially awkward, although she's extremely bright academically, and I really worry how malleable she is to suggestion from others. She will be going to uni next year and I just hope she won't get sucked into the trans rights vortex. The thought of it sickens me.

Reactions: 11
Therein lies the problem... social media power. It used to be localised peer pressure, now it’s a global phenomenon that pushes and pushes.
That is how certain presidents managed to gain so much traction with their abhorrent views. SM is a scary place.

My jaw has hit the floor!!
WTF. Nah, I am raging AGAIN.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.