Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He really really hates women and the GMC don’t seem to give a tit.

The NMC are really harsh with nurses’ use of social media but the GMC doesn’t seem to give a tit what doctors do. Or certain doctors anyway. 😡

Interesting. Further to that Glinner post re Damian Barr & Baroness Nicholson, this has just appeared on my Insta stories timeline... Mr Barr isn’t quite what he seems.
There are lots of horrible tweets from this man that came to light yesterday

Reactions: 3
I do believe Emma Watson too but she’ll jump on any bandwagon.
She’s a self interested twit.

Ive just read on aSky article - Eddie Redmayne, Daniel Radcliffe, Stephen King, Emma Watson, Labour MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle. So 4:1 men then. 🙄

Reactions: 3

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Is that the best they can do? Call her a terf? I’ve been called one many times and I just don’t consider it an insult. I’m a woman who can cope with an imbecile calling me names. ‘Terf alert’? Oh do duck off little boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Is that the best they can do? Call her a terf? I’ve been called one many times and I just don’t consider it an insult. I’m a woman who can cope with an imbecile calling me names. ‘Terf alert’? Oh do duck off little boy.
It’s up there with “Karen” now. It just means “shut up, woman-with-an-opinion”.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So I just found out that tweets I made in a conversation with a trans man have been deleted/masqued by twitter. We were having a civil conversation (I'm a polite person/tried to phrase my words in an open minded kind of way) and days later I find out that I got censored for just having a conversation about this topic. I'm sure I got reported by this person but it's scary that one can get censored just for even questioning this nonsense.

Yes and they simply blocked her after because they didn't want to engage with a TERF for their "mental health"

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It does irk me how young 20-something influencers who have banged on about and cashed in on feminism are wilfully silent on what could be the biggest threat to women’s rights in a century.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
didn't understand that tweet but that man is a gross misogynist. It's scary to think of all his female patients in his care.
I wonder if any of his patients are aware of his extra curricular activities? I seriously think the GMC should be disciplinig this man, he is totally disrepecting the position he holds in society as a doctor and bringing the profession into disrepute.

Reactions: 9
Give her hell Piers! sick of this tit and the deflection of the loony left.
It comes to something when I’m cheering Piers bloody Morgan on. I don’t like the ‘loony left’ narrative though. I do feel like it gives the far right and those edging towards it more fodder and somehow legitimises their cause in the public consciousness.

Reactions: 6
It comes to something when I’m cheering Piers bloody Morgan on. I don’t like the ‘loony left’ narrative though. I do feel like it gives the far right and those edging towards it more fodder and somehow legitimises their cause in the public consciousness.
I've always been a leftist but now seeing what the left is turning into in every country this is really spreading in... Yeah the left has become loony. I mean the censorship, the disolution of women's rights, etc.. I don't know if I'd consider myself conservative but from what i've seen on reddit it's pushing more then a few classic lefties to the right (not saying they're perfect) because they seem to be the only ones with some sense according to them.

BTW found the twitter account however my replies are nowhere to be seen in the convo and the account is temporarily restricted for unusual activity. - the end. Not going to question our overlords anymore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I've always been a leftist but now seeing what the left is turning into in every country this is really spreading in... Yeah the left has become loony. I mean the censorship, the disolution of women's rights, etc.. I don't know if I'd consider myself conservative but from what i've seen on reddit it's pushing more then a few classic lefties to the right (not saying they're perfect) because they seem to be the only ones with some sense according to them.
Its a really tricky one. I was genuinely torn at the last election. I don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water and I fear that is what is happening. Other posters have made the same or similar points, I know. I fundamentally believe in the social and economic principals of left wing politics, however I am acutely aware of the painful gender policies which are railroading things at the moment and are in direct conflict with my core beliefs. The right’s policy making seems to be more aligned with with my gender politics to a point (but scratch the surface and it isn’t really though their policy making remaining “conservative with a small ‘c’” means that it appears to be) but their economic, foreign and social policies are pretty much in direct odds with everything I believe in.

There isn’t a party that effectively represents me. There isn’t a good quality political alternative for GC women (or men). I know there are a few parties tinkering at the edges but they are too small and single issue to be viable, sadly.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.