Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again, I've found the discussions here really interesting and informative. Same as the JK Rowling thread. I've always felt that a lot of these teens are people with too much time on their hands and what they really need is a dose of reality - working to pay taxes, rent, bills. But then I'm just old!!!

And!!! Are Transvestites still a recognised group? Do people still identify as transvestite? Or do they have an other name now?? Like women do??

Reactions: 9
And I've found the discussions here really interesting and informative. Same as the JK Rowling thread. I've always felt that a lot of these teens are people with too much time on their hands and what they really need is a dose of reality - working to pay taxes, rent, bills. But then I'm just old!!!

And!!! Are Transvestites still a recognised group? Do people still identify as transvestite? Or do they have an other name now?? Like women do??
they are now under the trans umbrella

Reactions: 1
you have to follow the money though, there are several american billionaires who are investing in all this: jennifer pretzker - they are continuously pouring more and more money into transhumanism technologies
Yeah, there’s a lot of money from wealthy white men (and trans women) funding stuff. They also (through companies they own) benefit from people transitioning and thus needing medical treatment their whole lives.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I've been watching these threads for quite a while and really feel conflicted by this whole situation we find ourselves in. I've always considered myself staunchly left wing and have always believed in equality. I still do, and if a genuine trans women felt safer in a woman only space i'd welcome her with open arms. However, it seems the narrative has been hijacked, and now the only prerequisite for being a woman now seems to be a mini skirt and badly applied red lippy. How can we seriously consider opening up our most intimate spaces to anyone and everyone, to throw away the rights that have been so badly fought for? It really baffles me and I'm a little scared for the future.

In terms of the erasure of gendered terms, that doesn't bother me as much, as long as we carry the same energy when it comes to erasing men as we do women, though something tells me that's when we might start to see a backlash against all this. Its easy for TRA's to attack women as realistically nobody gives a tit i've learned. It's only when trans-women, post-op or with their designer vaginas start demanding straight men sleep with them or face the same consequences they've threatened women with for so long will we start to see a change.

Reactions: 16
I've been watching these threads for quite a while and really feel conflicted by this whole situation we find ourselves in. I've always considered myself staunchly left wing and have always believed in equality. I still do, and if a genuine trans women felt safer in a woman only space i'd welcome her with open arms. However, it seems the narrative has been hijacked, and now the only prerequisite for being a woman now seems to be a mini skirt and badly applied red lippy. How can we seriously consider opening up our most intimate spaces to anyone and everyone, to throw away the rights that have been so badly fought for? It really baffles me and I'm a little scared for the future.

In terms of the erasure of gendered terms, that doesn't bother me as much, as long as we carry the same energy when it comes to erasing men as we do women, though something tells me that's when we might start to see a backlash against all this. Its easy for TRA's to attack women as realistically nobody gives a tit i've learned. It's only when trans-women, post-op or with their designer vaginas start demanding straight men sleep with them or face the same consequences they've threatened women with for so long will we start to see a change.
Hi there and welcome! Let me just start off by saying that most of us were all pro-tr at first and in a way we still are. What's turning this into a problem is everything you mentioned and as for the gendered language it does bother me. You can't just call periods an internal bleeding organ for example makes no sense, and I believe that the reason why so many women are pissed and some men have started waking up (though few) is because this ideology is almost entirely pushed on women. Sad but I your last sentence is probably true.

Reactions: 11
Yes, me being a liberal who cares about people is how I got here. I sought out trans people to hear their stories, but some of the things they were saying about what women were didn't sit right with me. So I kept listening, next to the feminists, and voila. I do think there is room for compromise here, so both groups can protect their interests.

Reactions: 13
Yes, me being a liberal who cares about people is how I got here. I sought out trans people to hear their stories, but some of the things they were saying about what women were didn't sit right with me. So I kept listening, next to the feminists, and voila. I do think there is room for compromise here, so both groups can protect their interests.
I think most people on our side might be ok with that but the problem is them. When their side literally argues things like A rapist of women and children who still has his penis should still be allowed in a womens prison even though he has raped over 10 female inmates I dont think you can reason with people like that. They are not willing to admit any faults in their ideology

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Saw this on Twitter and then upon further research it does look to be true. Interesting.

3AD6B8FE-7636-48B7-8A9E-177F35663E3F.jpeg

2E3E9E43-6340-4EC0-88A3-26225E3C6FB8.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Identity politics is destroying the West. Amped by social media, which in turn is being manipulated by thousands of fake accounts and voices puppeteers by those wishing to subvert the established powers.

We need to wake up, and quick. Destruction of our liberties and life as we know it will not come at the hands of brutal war, that’s further down the line, but implosion of society as we turn in on each other.

EDIT: To clarify —all humans deserve to have their life and survival respected. But we do not need to respect ideologies if it threatens the fabric of our liberties. Stop the rot!

• Heart
Honestly, it seems to be that transvestite is seen as an outdated and taboo word and not to be used anymore. Even people who fit the definition of “transvestite” now embrace “transgender” and I think there are several reasons for that:

1. As males, they can now enjoy being an oppressed minority for the first time

2. Everyone knows that tranvestitism is a fetish. “Transgender” takes the seediness away from being a crossdresser and legitimises it

3. It gives them the freedom to take their fetish out in public

For example, I saw some seriously disturbing tweets where a man photographed himself trying on knickers in M&S, masturbating into them and putting them back on the hanger for some poor woman to find 🤢

• Sick
  • Heart
Honestly, it seems to be that transvestite is seen as an outdated and taboo word and not to be used anymore. Even people who fit the definition of “transvestite” now embrace “transgender” and I think there are several reasons for that:

1. As males, they can now enjoy being an oppressed minority for the first time

2. Everyone knows that tranvestitism is a fetish. “Transgender” takes the seediness away from being a crossdresser and legitimises it

3. It gives them the freedom to take their fetish out in public

For example, I saw some seriously disturbing tweets where a man photographed himself trying on knickers in M&S, masturbating into them and putting them back on the hanger for some poor woman to find 🤢
And that's a big part of the problem. It was first understood that transgender people had GD, however now every bloke with a cross dressing fetish or any fetish of that sort can declare themselves a bloody woman by just saying so. Apart from the GD crowd (don't have a full stance on them) these are men. Notice mind you that there are no Trans men over 25 really seen - at least in the media that is.
The problem is when people call someone's sexual orientation an unconscious bias or fear of the genitals they are not attracted to. I'm not afraid of a bloody vagina I'm just not attracted to it.

They are starting to face significant backlash because they are imposing their perceived reality on mainstream society and demanding change at every level no matter the cost and harm to others.

The other issue I have with the ideology is that it frequently gets trotted out that trans people are more at risk of attack than anyone else and are vulnerable, etc. They seem to be keen to paint themselves as the number 1 victim in society. They are no more at risk of attack than anyone else, you can get attacked for no reason other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They're able bodied so are definitely not the most at risk category.

Reactions: 10
Sooo I watched the documentary Disclosure on Netflix last night. It's by Laverne Cox and features all trans people, men and women. It speaks about the history of trans people in Hollywood and it was very eye opening and interesting. I recommend it. They all came across as genuine trans people and a lot of what they said made sense. I've never had a problem with genuine people. I feel for them that the extremists seem to have taken over their campaign and made it ridiculous.

Reactions: 8
That's the other problem- I've seen many genuine trans people get called bigots or "truscum" just because they don't agree with the modern trans ideology. Imagine being an actual transsexual and going through the difficulties of gender dysphoria and then being referred to as "transphobic"!

I just think a lot of people campaigning for trans rights don't actually know what they're campaigning for. It was certainly the case for me. I thought I was supporting the Laverne Coz's and Munroe Bergdorf's, genuine trans women who pose no threat to me nor my gender. But a lot of stuff i'm seeing on twitter and this thread is just so dark. Biological males, demanding access to women only spaces, and crying bloody murder should anyone object, it just seems so sexist. Part of me does wonder if twitter really just is a cesspit of the worst kind of people, because the more I log on the worse I feel. I think your average person probably hasn't thought too much on this situation, but would likely be quite rational in their thinking. These type of people you probably wouldn't find on twitter.

• Heart
I just think a lot of people campaigning for trans rights don't actually know what they're campaigning for. It was certainly the case for me. I thought I was supporting the Laverne Coz's and Munroe Bergdorf's, genuine trans women who pose no threat to me nor my gender. But a lot of stuff i'm seeing on twitter and this thread is just so dark. Biological males, demanding access to women only spaces, and crying bloody murder should anyone object, it just seems so sexist. Part of me does wonder if twitter really just is a cesspit of the worst kind of people, because the more I log on the worse I feel. I think your average person probably hasn't thought too much on this situation, but would likely be quite rational in their thinking. These type of people you probably wouldn't find on twitter.
I had to Unfollow many people on Twitter who were campaigning for the extreme side.

Reactions: 1
Twitter is a cesspit but there's still real people behind those extreme tweets and they walk among us. People have here been unfriended in real life for expressing GC views or simply for expressing support for JK Rowling

I do agree that most people think that they're campaigning for actual transsexuals and haven't really looked into the dark side of the ideology. That's because it's difficult for GC people to speak up, for fear of being doxxed, or unfriended, or their employers contacted, and being deemed a "bigot"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.