Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That BBC article is so biased.

It is all about what this man thinks and feels, and no opposing opinion is represented. Nor is the debate about the physical differences between males and females, and how many people believe that testosterone leaves are useless for determining the advantage of bio males over women.

The worst thing was saying that Sharon Davies was “heavily criticised” for defending women’s sport against males, implying that public and scientific opinion was universally against her. In reality, only TRAs were against her and she had a lot of support from normal people.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I had a pretty amazing experience yesterday. My husband is a member of the British Communist Party, and yesterday they had a whole day of Zoom events to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the party. We listened to a talk about women and sex/gender, and it appears that the commies are the only determinedly gender critical party out there in the UK. Very refreshing. A TRA and a man tried to derail the conversation, but they were smacked down pretty damn fast by the very intelligent, earnest, and educated women speakers.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That BBC article is so biased.

It is all about what this man thinks and feels, and no opposing opinion is represented. Nor is the debate about the physical differences between males and females, and how many people believe that testosterone leaves are useless for determining the advantage of bio males over women.

The worst thing was saying that Sharon Davies was “heavily criticised” for defending women’s sport against males, implying that public and scientific opinion was universally against her. In reality, only TRAs were against her and she had a lot of support from normal people.
Agreed it’s incredibly biased. Like anything revolving around trans people really. The needs of women are pushed aside in favour of affirming trans people at all costs for fear that they will spontaneously combust or something.

I wonder how that persons team mates feel. I’d love to read an article about them & their thoughts but its probably not allowed. I somehow doubt they are all happy and comfortable with it, a woman somewhere will have lost her spot to this Male who I doubt is any more talented than anyone else. The ones on the team will fear losing their place on the team if they say anything. It’s an awful position to be in and I can understand why the majority of sports women talking about this have already retired and had their careers and success, they have a lot less to lose than someone young and starting out. Bit like JKR really.

Reactions: 9
In history, has there ever been another case where the rights of people who WANT to be a certain group have been favoured over the rights of the actual group? I’m racking my brains. The civil rights movement didn’t centre white people who identified as black...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Agreed it’s incredibly biased. Like anything revolving around trans people really. The needs of women are pushed aside in favour of affirming trans people at all costs for fear that they will spontaneously combust or something.

I wonder how that persons team mates feel. I’d love to read an article about them & their thoughts but its probably not allowed. I somehow doubt they are all happy and comfortable with it, a woman somewhere will have lost her spot to this Male who I doubt is any more talented than anyone else. The ones on the team will fear losing their place on the team if they say anything. It’s an awful position to be in and I can understand why the majority of sports women talking about this have already retired and had their careers and success, they have a lot less to lose than someone young and starting out. Bit like JKR really.
I wonder if teams would actually be pleased to have a trans on their team? After all he will give them a huge advantage against other teams, and even an advantage in getting attention and therefore sponsorships.

They will hate sharing a changing room, but the ones who didnt lose their place to the man will rob ably put up with their discomfort and vociferously defend him.

Reactions: 6
So it’s world breastfeeding week and there’s a frame on Facebook for your profile picture which reads “peace love chestfeeding - world breastfeeding week” and the word ‘chestfeeding’ makes me irrationally angry. You don’t feed your baby with your chest you can only do that if you have breasts that contain mammary glands. It’s beyond frustrating how this so called ‘inclusive’ language is seeping into society.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
duck it. I push back. I am openly GC on Facebook and with friends. I have had no negative comments yet. Be unabashed. Take up space. Never apologize for being female.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
duck it. I push back. I am openly GC on Facebook and with friends. I have had no negative comments yet. Be unabashed. Take up space. Never apologize for being female.
used gendered languaged on a reddit thread as a test.. no upvotes no negative reactions either... hmmm

Reactions: 1
Disclaimer: I have no links to this business but I’ve been eyeing up a feminist necklace from Wear And Resist for ages. 15% off with code “summersunshine”

I’ve been toying with “resist” and “persist” but I also love “enough”. Wish I was brave enough to buy “bleeping” to wear alongside 😄

Just wanted to share because you all might appreciate it and money from each sale goes to charities for women. Actual women.

• Heart
A friend of mine, already quite deep into attachment parenting stuff, has been Insta-brainwashed to be totally woke. She’s been sharing stuff for breastfeeding week littered with “chest-feeding” and - a new one for me - BODY FEEDING.

I mean 🤯

Body feeding! For those who find “chest” too triggering, even.

And look at the trans man in boxers and beard.

I find it so upsetting. I feel like I’m being gaslit.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
When I found out that the baby I'm carrying is a girl, it galvanized me. I will no longer sit back and be quiet. If my gender critical stance means I lose my job, so be it.
Body feeding!
This makes me think of seagulls who regurgitate their food into their chicks' mouths. Blergh.

What the duck is wrong with people.

In a couple of weeks' time, I'll either be pushing a baby out of my birth canal, or having my uterus cut open to get her out. If anyone tries any 'woke' language with me, they'll be feeling the sharp edge of my tongue, and no mistake.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can’t even see chest feeding becoming mainstream tbh although they’re giving it a bloody good go. When ever I see someone refer to breastfeeding in that way I just think they’re a bit of a woke twit, same with straight people who announce their pronouns as if they aren’t obvious. I can’t be the only one😆

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There is some sense in the world still!

Oh and shout out to my fellow Marxist, is it @SilentSue ?

It’s mad that you can get backlash for simply ‘liking’ something. Social media is so bleeping toxic.

Reactions: 13
There is some sense in the world still!

Oh and shout out to my fellow Marxist, is it @SilentSue ?
Yesss! :D

Reactions: 2
Fellow Marxist reporting for duty - do we get badges, or a secret handshake/sign? Of course, the Marx way is that it's not fair unless we all get one :)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.