Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if there is a correlation between lack of MH services or people who have had negative mental health services and this being the surgery they go for.
There’s no way a mentally well person would want to remove their breasts. Absolutely none. The mere act of wanting them gone is a mental illness in itself. But it’s complicated. None of these MH issues are easy to treat. Lots simply feel ill at ease in their bodies and succumb to the social contagion of transition as magic solution to all their problems. Not to mention the positive attention they get for coming out as trans, especially from their peers and online.

Others will have a history of sexual abuse leading them to hate their bodies. It’s tragic however you look at it. The same reasons that drive girls to develop anorexia are drawing girls down the path to transitioning now. I’d love to know if the numbers of girls presenting at ED clinics has gone down over the last five or so years, because we all know the numbers of girls being referred to gender clinics are massively up.

Reactions: 18
Being so unhappy in your body, wanting to do something so drastic as to cut off your boobs or penis is psychiatric.
I know there are many anecdotal stories about those who have 'tranistioned' who are still deeply troubled and unhappy (little solid evidence due to cancel culture)
Now if you say it's a psychiatric disorder you're accused of being transphobic.
But here's the thing in a world where our mental health is pushed as being normal and talking is good and having a.mental illness isn't seen as a stigma why oh why is it so wrong to call the whole trans thing a mental health issue?

And I know this has been said a zillion times but as someone who has struggled with mental health and eating disorders NO one in their right mind and my psychiatrist excused it as anything but a mental disorder, because that's what I had.
I can see strong parallels between eating disorders/unhappiness of my body and the trans mentality. The difference is the trans movement (predominantly men) get to manipulate every single aspect of their illness to the point medicine has bowed and claims it's something you're born with and not a mental illness. Crazy

There’s no way a mentally well person would want to remove their breasts. Absolutely none. The mere act of wanting them gone is a mental illness in itself. But it’s complicated. None of these MH issues are easy to treat. Lots simply feel ill at ease in their bodies and succumb to the social contagion of transition as magic solution to all their problems. Not to mention the positive attention they get for coming out as trans, especially from their peers and online.

Others will have a history of sexual abuse leading them to hate their bodies. It’s tragic however you look at it. The same reasons that drive girls to develop anorexia are drawing girls down the path to transitioning now. I’d love to know if the numbers of girls presenting at ED clinics has gone down over the last five or so years, because we all know the numbers of girls being referred to gender clinics are massively up.
Such a good point.
I know there is a link between autism in girls and trans.
I'm sad that girls can't be butch and boys can't be effeminate without having to be diagnosed with being transgender

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Being so unhappy in your body, wanting to do something so drastic as to cut off your boobs or penis is psychiatric.
I know there are many anecdotal stories about those who have 'tranistioned' who are still deeply troubled and unhappy (little solid evidence due to cancel culture)
Now if you say it's a psychiatric disorder you're accused of being transphobic.
But here's the thing in a world where our mental health is pushed as being normal and talking is good and having a.mental illness isn't seen as a stigma why oh why is it so wrong to call the whole trans thing a mental health issue?

And I know this has been said a zillion times but as someone who has struggled with mental health and eating disorders NO one in their right mind and my psychiatrist excused it as anything but a mental disorder, because that's what I had.
I can see strong parallels between eating disorders/unhappiness of my body and the trans mentality. The difference is the trans movement (predominantly men) get to manipulate every single aspect of their illness to the point medicine has bowed and claims it's something you're born with and not a mental illness. Crazy

Such a good point.
I know there is a link between autism in girls and trans.
I'm sad that girls can't be butch and boys can't be effeminate without having to be diagnosed with being transgender
As much as the surgery side of the trans movement is something I can't understand, I can definitely appreciate why the gender stereotypes can be harmful to people. I'm not all that feminine and because of it people have assumed I'm a lesbian my whole life (I'm not although there shouldn't have been an issue if I was!). I do think if we could just accept that people can dress how they want, love who they want etc, there would be ALOT less people who truly saw themselves as wanting to transition. I think a great deal of it still comes from the fact that there is an inate feeling in all of us (or most of us) of what "male" and "female" look like, so trans people think well, I can't be or won't be seen as a woman unless I do A,B,C and that involves surgery as a direct consequence. Maybe if as a society we were hugely more accepting of people's differences, gender fluid individuals wouldn't feel the need to go to such damaging lengths.

Reactions: 8
In more recent years and especially amongst younger people I also think the trans movement has become a community online that people want to be part of, a teenager is who feels like they don’t fit in going to gravitate towards a group they can be part of that offers them love and support and acceptance - just look at the love people get on twitter for coming out. I do think that this has influenced at least a few teenagers to identify as trans to be part of a community rather than any type of dysphoria.

Reactions: 17
One of my longest friends is a drag queen (I know some of you dislike drag, please no judgement 😂) who is relatively well-known within the scene and he has noticed a LOT of younger teenagers latching on to drag queens/drag shows, announcing that they're non-binary/trans and the like, and that's only within the last few years. It's a certain type of teenager too, they tend to be quite isolated and spend pretty much all their time on the internet. Some of it is harmless and just teenagers being teenagers, and they'll probably grow out of it, but still feels a bit uncomfortable.

Reactions: 16
To minimise how mutilating it is. “Bottom surgery” is even more twee and euphemistic.
If you search “mastectomy“ then you get a lot of information from the NHS website and other credible sites accurately describing it as the removal of a breast. However, if you search for top surgery you get very little factual information about the actual procedure, recovery and recovery time. It’s avoidance of the truth.

Reactions: 13
If you search “mastectomy“ then you get a lot of information from the NHS website and other credible sites accurately describing it as the removal of a breast. However, if you search for top surgery you get very little factual information about the actual procedure, recovery and recovery time. It’s avoidance of the truth.
This is interesting and so sad to see that medical literature has bent to suit the trans cult.
Just like the NHS sending me my smear invite and referring to me as a 'person with a cervix'

Reactions: 12

Elliot is called "he" and "they" in the same article.
Page has always struck me as a very depressed individual.
Feel extremely sorry for her wife. I imagine she didn't sign up to her wife being trans.

I never thought I'd say this but I actually feel the Tories are protecting against this tit show more than any other political group

You know it's bad when a government have to bring in The Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill

Reactions: 15
I had seen this on Twitter, and again a lovely reminder than men will always blame women. Even when it’s men hurting men.

Blaming women for your imaginary battles and daydreams is absolutely mind boggling. When in reality these males are probably cumming at the thought of these daydreams coming true.

Actual male violence kills thousands of women around the world each week. No trans person in the UK has died from the result of violence in years. They’re literally making tit up just so they have something else to whinge about.

duck off and crawl into your holes you blue haired troglodytes.

View attachment 588645
The irony of this cartoon is its total falsehood. The true picture is that cop cars now have Stonewall rainbows on them, while it's gender critical feminists who are being cautioned for wrong think.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Feel extremely sorry for her wife. I imagine she didn't sign up to her wife being trans.

I never thought I'd say this but I actually feel the Tories are protecting against this tit show more than any other political group

You know it's bad when a government have to bring in The Higher Education (Freedom of Speech) Bill
Liz Truss on the radio yesterday saying "Yes, women have vaginas" ridiculous it even has to be said.

Reactions: 11

I am pretty sure that Page had already divorced before transitioning. So he is no longer with his wife.

I am now also confused....... in that article he says how he is proud to be trans and proud to be queer.
So if they/he now sees themself as male, does this also mean that as they/he are proud to be queer, they/he is now attracted to men?

And now I am also a bit sad that women cast members are so underrepresented in ''The Umbrella academy'' Of the main cast there were originally 5 males and 2 females, now the ratio is 6 males to one female!

Reactions: 10
This is why i have to do the crazy thing each time when speaking to a new person on a dating app and have to ask them whether they’re trans or not, if they refuse to answer it. I will just stop talking to them and assume they’re trans. If they say yes I will just tell them it isn’t what I am into and I respect them and if they say no I am happy as Larry.

Also, if they hit me. It would be the last thing they’d do. They wouldn’t be writing posts online about hitting me. I’d be in front of a judge pleading guilty for murder.

2103759E-10B5-4330-A19A-2E8045EB160B.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This is why i have to do the crazy thing each time when speaking to a new person on a dating app and have to ask them whether they’re trans or not, if they refuse to answer it. I will just stop talking to them and assume they’re trans. If they say yes I will just tell them it isn’t what I am into and I respect them and if they say no I am happy as Larry.

Also, if they hit me. It would be the last thing they’d do. They wouldn’t be writing posts online about hitting me. I’d be in front of a judge pleading guilty for murder.

View attachment 590980
where is this from?!

Reactions: 3

View attachment 590980
I actually cannot believe anyone could believe this is okay, do we need to start asking about people's genitals now?

Reactions: 9
"If she was a normal woman and not a lesbian". How much more obvious does it have to be that a homophobic man typed that?

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.