Gender Discussion #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last one actually raises a great point - if women can have penises and men can have a vagina then why do people need to have complex surgery to change gender?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The last one actually raises a great point - if women can have penises and men can have a vagina then why do people need to have complex surgery to change gender?
This is what confuses me so much. If a person with a penis can call themselves a woman, then why surgery? why hormones? why the need to grow your hair and start dressing like a stereotypical female.

The there's no gender argument, completely collapses in on itself, because if there was no gender, what does that mean for those who are trans?

Reactions: 17
I got banned from a Reddit page last night for answering someone's question that yes they can surgically create a penis, but no it won't be fertile and able to get someone pregnant with semen. BANNED for misinformation.

They are banning facts no wonder teenagers are losing the plot.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I got banned from a Reddit page last night for answering someone's question that yes they can surgically create a penis, but no it won't be fertile and able to get someone pregnant with semen. BANNED for misinformation.

They are banning facts no wonder teenagers are losing the plot.
This is actually hilarious. So there are people who genuinely believe that a fake dick can produce sperm 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is actually hilarious. So there are people who genuinely believe that a fake dick can produce sperm 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
you couldn't make this up! do these people actually believe this?! or are they just being argumentative for the sake of it, how could they be so ill informed??

Reactions: 8
you couldn't make this up! do these people actually believe this?! or are they just being argumentative for the sake of it, how could they be so ill informed??
I think some of them genuinely do. Look how many people really believe transwomen have periods or that in a few years' time they will be able to have womb transplants and give birth

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m just gonna think out loud here but I wonder if it’s something to do with the whole era of Fake News, and information overload(???) in first world countries. Coupled with the individualism/liberal mentality which teaches certain generations/age groups (incl. middle aged men) that Feelings Trump Fact. Not to mention living during a global pandemic and having to stay indoors, etc. And not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I wonder how long before the likes of Stonewall and the trans lobby start pushing an agenda to reject science (which works in the Covid deniers’ favour). Are people trying to discredit science and take us back to when religion was widely believed and witches ought to be burnt? (No offence religious pals! I respect your beliefs).

I’d like it if the UK would stop importing American ideals. Their politics, their rejection of science, and now their trans shite.

• Heart
In The Last of Us Part 2, there’s a minor side character who turns out to be a trans boy. The reasoning behind it was because the cult the character came from tried to force her to marry an elder, but she obviously didn’t want this because who would, she wanted to fight with her bow and arrow. So the character shaved her head, started going by a male name and identifying as a boy so she could be a warrior. Obviously the cult wouldn’t accept this and the kid was trying to escape the cult when you find her in game.

Clearly an attempt at some sort of trans ‘inclusive’ narrative, but totally missed the mark imo. It’s like they took one of the many stories of women in history having to adopt a male persona to accomplish things due to women being restricted in ways men aren’t and tried to make it all about trans. To me it was obvious that Lily would never have identified as Lev if she wasn’t set to marry some old dude and be forced into a life of slavery. That part of the story didn’t quite have the effect on me the developers were going for I think. I had sympathy for the character, but also don’t believe that once away from the cult, Lev would have continued to Id as a boy because there would be no need anymore. Being a boy was just her attempt at being allowed to be who she was. She also has a companion in Abby, who I actually love as a character (and many people wrongly assumed to be trans before the game released) to show her that you can be a badass female who can hold her own and that she is now free from the cult to be who she really is.

The other thing is that Lev is 11 in the game if I remember correctly and the world the game takes place in is unlikely to have a stash of hormones or blockers lying around when people are barely just surviving and there are infected all over the place. Sooner or later puberty will start and there will be no way to stop it. It just feels like in the world TLOU is set in, gender identity just wouldn’t matter.

Sorry for the waffle this is something that annoys me about this game and I can’t really discuss this in many spaces because everyone else seems to love the whole Lev/Lily story arc and if you criticise it you’re transphobic.
I’m a huge fan of TLOU and found Lev’s story to be very interesting and tbh I don’t think it was made a massive focus of the game, which a lot of people were worried about. Of course the whole reason Lev is fleeing is because of the cult’s rejection of him, I actually found his story to be the first one that didn’t seem to overarch the entire game.

However I did see the transgender story seem to be based around Lev not wanting to conform to the cult’s ideology on what a woman’s place to be in their society, which begs the question, would Lev still be Lily if he didn’t belong to this cult?

I do agree, that really, it made the entire transgender story just about not being what was expected of them, rather than anything else that usually TRAs speak about.

I think a lot of women in the past have dressed as a man to escape danger/cults, I personally would have done the same thing if I felt it would let me live my life freely.

I don’t even want to go to Pride anymore or even publicly post about Pride month online because it’s being turned into something it’s not. 😥

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don’t even want to go to Pride anymore or even publicly post about Pride month online because it’s being turned into something it’s not. 😥
:cry:. I am heterosexual but stand in solidarity of LGB alliance because I see the rising homophobia. Tbh I'm dreading seeing all the Pride posts and marketing next month, NOT because of LGB but because of the TRAs who I am sure will go out of the way to make it about them to the detriment of LGB and those of the trans community who genuinely believe in biology and respect women's boundaries. We already know it's all going to be pink and blue flags plastered over everything. LGB sexuality should be respected too, am sick of seeing examples on Twitter of men on lesbian dating profiles.

Everyone deserves rights but you have to ask why it is happening to the detriment of others (MRAs of course).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Watching Eurovision, I used to watch Nikkie’s makeup tutorials on YouTube years ago, had no idea she was trans, was genuinely shocked when she came out.

Reactions: 1
She’s very tall!
2B5857B2-031E-4EE2-A0F6-E3286BD649FD.jpeg
16DC0B20-D413-4085-8291-A62BB311B989.jpeg

She also didn’t tell her fiancé she was trans until around the time they were engaged. It’s been awhile but her video made it sound like she only said something because someone was blackmailing her? I don’t follow Nikkie but I know it caused some discussions in the beauty community, like should you tell someone you’re sleeping with that you’re trans? etc.

Last edited:
  • Wow
She’s very tall! View attachment 586052View attachment 586053

She also didn’t tell her fiancé she was trans until around the time they were engaged. It’s been awhile but her video made it sound like she only said something because someone was blackmailing her? I don’t follow Nikkie but I know it caused some discussions in the beauty community, like should you tell someone you’re sleeping with that you’re trans? etc.

Your think he'd be able to tell. Unless it was the only "vagina" he'd ever seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.