Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, I remember Lynsey Sharp being dragged through the mud for speaking out about it. Absolutely ridiculous. Issues around intersex athletes need to be treated with sensitivity but Lynsey clearly had enough at that point and you can't blame her.

You'd think "everyone" would fit the bill as well :rolleyes:
Wow, I didn't know this at all, all of the medal winners have XY chromosomes! I don't know how they should deal with intersex athletes, it's a very difficult one as I'm sure they were brought up as women but I can't imagine how disheartening that would be for Lynsey Sharp and the other female athletes.

Reactions: 7
Is anyone else getting tired of just...hearing about sex and gender all the time anyway? I'm not talking about the specific issues we discuss on here, but you know, when I go onto a Zoom or Teams meeting and someone has got pronouns in their NAME I'm just thinking God, not this again. I really don't care if you're male, female, or other - it's got sweet FA to do with work, and we're here to discuss work, not your gender or sex. Who actually cares? It's too much, I'm bored of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Hello. The new CEO of the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre was announced today. They are a ‘transwoman’ without a GRC. Supposedly they have also previously lied about that to acquire a previous job. I’m saddened by this.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I'm a semi-frequent poster on this thread, and I feel quite conflicted about the whole thing. On the one hand, I want to support genuine trans people, but on the other hand, I think gender ideology is bullshit and I do believe it's harmful, particularly to vulnerable young people, and women and girls. It's hard to express your feelings around such a volatile (thanks to TRAs) issue.

With regards to the omnipresent bathroom self-cert issue, I was walking home from work today and was approached by a strange man (by which I of course mean a man who I don't know). All the way home I was looking behind me. I'm not a vulnerable woman, or I at least don't see myself as such, but that encounter really put me on edge. I don't know if it makes sense, but it's stuff like this that makes me shocked that the issue of self cert is even being entertained. To be scared of walking alone in broad daylight isn't right and it's an experience that I would argue is almost unique to women, girls and maybe even children/teenagers? Imagine being cornered in that way in a bathroom...

I'm so saddened and angered about the above news about a women's shelter appointing a man as their ceo (or wherever title it was). How is that okay? If this isn't peaking people, what will?

Edit sorry for any incoherence. This thread is literally the only place I can let it out.

Reactions: 28
My fiancé is the most wonderful person I know (well, one of them) and is what most people would consider "gender non-conforming." He has long hair, sometimes wears makeup and nail polish, has a skincare routine and prefers shower gels/deodorants/body products aimed at women; but is comfortable with the fact he's a straight man. He's into 80s rock and feels his look fits that image, it doesn't bother him if people make fun or assume he must be gay. He understands all this yet is still heavily on board the TRA/gender ideology bandwagon and thinks that if Elliot Page liked "boys'" clothes as a child that means she really must have been a boy all along. It's mind-boggling and can be frustrating

Is anyone else getting tired of just...hearing about sex and gender all the time anyway? I'm not talking about the specific issues we discuss on here, but you know, when I go onto a Zoom or Teams meeting and someone has got pronouns in their NAME I'm just thinking God, not this again. I really don't care if you're male, female, or other - it's got sweet FA to do with work, and we're here to discuss work, not your gender or sex. Who actually cares? It's too much, I'm bored of it.
Yes, absolutely. I was just thinking about this reading a Guardian website article where they profile the unusual ways a couple met. It was about two American women who met online as kids and fell in love years later. Most of the article was about how they "used to present as women" but are now a "he" and "they" and supported each other through transition and my eyes just glazed over. Can't we have five minutes without this

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Hello. The new CEO of the Edinburgh Rape Crisis Centre was announced today. They are a ‘transwoman’ without a GRC. Supposedly they have also previously lied about that to acquire a previous job. I’m saddened by this.
what's BAME? BME? is it woc?

Does anyone here follow/know of Jamiedodger and his gf Shabba? I used to like them, but since JK Rowling-gate they've just become unbearable and hypocritical. I expected way, way more of career academics tbh.

Does anyone here follow/know of Jamiedodger and his gf Shabba? I used to like them, but since JK Rowling-gate they've just become unbearable and hypocritical. I expected way, way more of career academics tbh.
No but i read on mumsnet (yes i know i'm not a mum but i was just having a look bc they always get trashed on twitter by tra) that someone was asking why jk rowling was bad bc their child had come to them after watching a jamiedodger video and had said that jk rowling was bad so they're def having influence on children.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
No but i read on mumsnet (yes i know i'm not a mum but i was just having a look bc they always get trashed on twitter by tra) that someone was asking why jk rowling was bad bc their child had come to them after watching a jamiedodger video and had said that jk rowling was bad so they're def having influence on children.
From what I understand both him and his gf are working towards PhDs in psychology. They've talked about jkr's letter at length, but to my mind, they never really adressed any of it. It was all twaw. Given their situation, I would imagine that both Jamie and Shabba got funding to some extent, yet they're not willing to look at the discourse critically. It's horrifying.

From what I understand both him and his gf are working towards PhDs in psychology. They've talked about jkr's letter at length, but to my mind, they never really adressed any of it. It was all twaw. Given their situation, I would imagine that both Jamie and Shabba got funding to some extent, yet they're not willing to look at the discourse critically. It's horrifying.
I've watched some of Jammidoger's videos but found them to be very basic in terms of thought - I didn't know that Jammi was a PhD student and I'm rather surprised because I wouldn't have thought that from the video content. I think I watched one video where Jammi reacted to 'terf' tweets/memes and it was along the lines of 'well this tweet says I can't be a man, but that's just really ridiculous because obviously I'm a man.'

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s no depth to the videos at all. Seems a very disturbed person. Never any critical reflection of what they are been through. Wafer thin.
i know it will never happen but I would love Jamie to go on Stella and Sasha’s podcast and have a proper in depth look at their childhood and key moments that led to transition, would be fascinating.

Reactions: 3
There’s going to be a lot to unpick for the kids currently being brainwashed by “JKR is bad” nonsense, plus all the gender woo. I don’t like Shabba and Jammidogder, I watched a couple of videos and thought they were irritating.

Reactions: 3
I'm livid about this. We go to the polls in Scotland on Thursday, any woman voting SNP or greens are effectively voting for self harm.

what more can you want from others who are already trying to be accommodating?
Nothing is ever enough for these people.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.