Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After having not gone onto Twitter for weeks, I feel generally much more happier in myself. I'm no longer constantly worried about "offending" anyone. Sod it. But I can slowly see Facebook and Instagram going the same way.

I feel that a lot of these things would not even exist without social media.

Reactions: 15
Love this thread by Dr Jane Clare Jones.

Quick summary - male person complains that even when people get their (unspecified) pronouns correct, they still feel sad because they know these people think they’re a man and they’re just being nice. Lots of sympathy in the comments - oh isn’t it terrible that everyone, literally everyone, even if they’re “allies” know who is male and who is female 🙃

As Dr JCJ points out, they could accept reality and that people are being polite but that isn’t enough.

3F516245-D1CF-43E3-84C4-12D5066CD92A.jpeg

👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Does anyone here follow/know of Jamiedodger and his gf Shabba? I used to like them, but since JK Rowling-gate they've just become unbearable and hypocritical. I expected way, way more of career academics tbh.
They're super annoying. And dangerous, I'd go as far as to say. Spreading baseless ideology to impressionable young people.

Reactions: 7
So for this, we are expected to put pronouns in our zoom names, email signatures etc... let’s not even go into the fact that out of that many trans people, a piddling number actually have a GRC. Worrying.
39CA99B6-998C-4345-8B1E-E670C38796ED.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Love this thread by Dr Jane Clare Jones.

Quick summary - male person complains that even when people get their (unspecified) pronouns correct, they still feel sad because they know these people think they’re a man and they’re just being nice. Lots of sympathy in the comments - oh isn’t it terrible that everyone, literally everyone, even if they’re “allies” know who is male and who is female 🙃

As Dr JCJ points out, they could accept reality and that people are being polite but that isn’t enough.

View attachment 558791

👏👏👏
Queen Jane 👑!!!

They're super annoying. And dangerous, I'd go as far as to say. Spreading baseless ideology to impressionable young people.
Very dangerous. Influencing children.

Totally. I'm undecided but the SNP and Greens do not stand up for women at all.
How much do women (who are not on twitter) in Scotland know about all this gender nonsense? Do you think it will effect how they bote

Vote

Reactions: 7
Sorry if this has been mentioned lately, had to take a break from here a while ago because a certain man here was pissing me off lol, so just catching up

Does anyone else notice that the only people who tend to put pronouns in their name/email signature are people who are very much not trans?
The actual trans people don't bother their arses doing it. It's like they got what they wanted regarding them being the default and non-trans people being the "other."
And the odd time when I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone's pronouns - if they're very androgynous looking or something, they also don't put their pronouns.

In other news, I'm part of a digital women's group in work and there was recently a big discussion about how trans women should absolutely play on women's sports teams. The handmaidens started saying how sport shouldn't be segregated at all, that it's sexist to think women don't perform as well as men. In that case, why can't trans women just bleeping play with men?! It was so, so difficult to keep my mouth shut and not bring up Fallon Fox.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Sorry if this has been mentioned lately, had to take a break from here a while ago because a certain man here was pissing me off lol, so just catching up

Does anyone else notice that the only people who tend to put pronouns in their name/email signature are people who are very much not trans?
The actual trans people don't bother their arses doing it. It's like they got what they wanted regarding them being the default and non-trans people being the "other."
And the odd time when I actually wouldn't mind seeing someone's pronouns - if they're very androgynous looking or something, they also don't put their pronouns.

In other news, I'm part of a digital women's group in work and there was recently a big discussion about how trans women should absolutely play on women's sports teams. The handmaidens started saying how sport shouldn't be segregated at all, that it's sexist to think women don't perform as well as men. In that case, why can't trans women just bleeping play with men?! It was so, so difficult to keep my mouth shut and not bring up Fallon Fox.
Honestly if I was managing imbeciles like this I'd be guiding them out of the door on the basis that they are too stupid to work for me. It's not only about performance, in a lot of contact sport, it is a question of safety. A Female Boxer getting into the ring to fight a Male Boxer runs the very real risk of dying in the ring.

Reactions: 13
So for this, we are expected to put pronouns in our zoom names, email signatures etc... let’s not even go into the fact that out of that many trans people, a piddling number actually have a GRC. Worrying.
View attachment 558848
Wow I wasnt expecting the GRC amount to be so little compared to all the noise that is being made... We all are supposedly having to change our language and behaviour for this!

These people seem to think that male and female lung capacity, muscle mass, stride length etc is the same 😡

Reactions: 10
Hi All! I’ve not posted or read this thread in a couple of weeks but something has been brought to my attention today on Instagram. Will post the link and also some screen grabs.
It’s freakin crazy what some of the comments are like:

Have a read through some of the comments - the original post was a celebration of women and their wombs... the comments are pretty interesting .A tit load of virtue signalling, but also a lot of common sense...

Reactions: 8
Hi All! I’ve not posted or read this thread in a couple of weeks but something has been brought to my attention today on Instagram. Will post the link and also some screen grabs.
It’s freakin crazy what some of the comments are like:

Have a read through some of the comments - the original post was a celebration of women and their wombs... the comments are pretty interesting .A tit load of virtue signalling, but also a lot of common sense...
love, love, love the response from the account.

edit: somebody tagged a loads of trans women in it and one of them replied with just reading this was violent don't tag me in this tit. VIOLENT.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.