Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Caitlyn is correct on trans women in female sports. There will always be outliers but generally, a man at his physical peak will be faster/stronger than a woman. There's enough issues in women's sports as it is, nevermind having trans women elbowing their way in. Strange how there's no debate around trans men in male sports 🙄

Reactions: 17
A good round up from JL on Graham Lineham's substack
Indeed. I say check the hard drive of any man hellbent on advocating for males, self identified TW etc, to be allowed into female toilets and changing spaces and shelters. Why are they so passionate about it? There are numerous examples in that article of where “some time later, X was convicted of Xyz”. No surprise there at all. Makes me think next time I go to the loo at work or in a public place, to check for cameras also.

Reactions: 10
Caitlyn is correct on trans women in female sports. There will always be outliers but generally, a man at his physical peak will be faster/stronger than a woman. There's enough issues in women's sports as it is, nevermind having trans women elbowing their way in. Strange how there's no debate around trans men in male sports 🙄
There's no debate as a transman has no hope against a man. They would never make the grade

I'm sorry but certain drugs are known to be so addictive that I find this post quite inappropriate/misleading.

Reactions: 5
I don't think she is the kind of person to apologise tbh, I don't think she even did after running that person over
When did she run someone over? I know there was a fatal car accident but never heard of running someone over

Reactions: 1
There's no debate as a transman has no hope against a man. They would never make the grade
Exactly. At Rio 2016 in the 100m final the slowest man was 10.06secs. The quickest woman in their race was 10.71 seconds.

Exactly. At Rio 2016 in the 100m final the slowest man was 10.06secs. The quickest woman in their race was 10.71 seconds.
If transwomen are allowed to compete with women I'm sure we will see a barrage of mediocre sportsmen "coming out" as trans to compete, win everything and break records.

Especially with self-ID and that awful trans umbrella someone posted further up showing just how all encompassing the term trans now is

Reactions: 13
If transwomen are allowed to compete with women I'm sure we will see a barrage of mediocre sportsmen "coming out" as trans to compete, win everything and break records.

Especially with self-ID and that awful trans umbrella someone posted further up showing just how all encompassing the term trans now is
yeah I can even imagine unscrupulous coaches advising this as a strategy

Reactions: 3
Totally agree

Coach "oh you didn't qualify...stick a dress on and grow your hair"
Sportsman "but coach...I don't want to wear a dress"
Coach "you will be number 1 break every record and don't need to take any hormones"
Sportsman Sports'woman' "I have always felt uncomfortable in my body"

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I know the TRAs are bad but I'm honestly in disbelief at some of the stuff directed at Jenner that I'm seeing on Twitter...its also fascinating because it undermines all their usual arguments? E.g. 'what do you even know you were a white privileged man' ok but I thought your whole point was literally that trans people were always whatever gender they now claim they are so doesn't it follow by TRA logic that Jenner was never a man?
'Listen to trans people...no, not that one' god give me a break. How infantilising to suggest a whole group of people are some homogenous echo chamber, do they not find their own views degrade themselves?

Reactions: 22
Totally agree

Coach "oh you didn't qualify...stick a dress on and grow your hair"
Sportsman "but coach...I don't want to wear a dress"
Coach "you will be number 1 break every record and don't need to take any hormones"
Sportsman Sports'woman' "I have always felt uncomfortable in my body"
That is fundamentally what has been happening in US High Schools. Being on a full athletic scholarship is a huge benefit worth a couple of years playing dress up.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s already happening with intersex conditions. Look at the three medallists in the women’s 800m at the 2016 Olympics. We know about Caster Semenya, but there’s no way the other two don’t have similar conditions. All three look very markedly male. It transpired later that they are all hypoandrogenic, and they have all fallen foul of rules which require female athletes to lower their abnormally high testosterone levels if they wish to compete in elite athletics.
91845E46-80E4-4776-B262-560B9A0C13C1.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
I literally had no idea about this .. just been reading about it now after your post, god this is unfair. Those "female" athletes look like men, their features are male, clearly their testosterone levels are incredibly high. I don't understand how this can be allowed.

It’s already happening with intersex conditions. Look at the three medallists in the women’s 800m at the 2016 Olympics. We know about Caster Semenya, but there’s no way the other two don’t have similar conditions. All three look very markedly male. It transpired later that they are all hypoandrogenic, and they have all fallen foul of rules which require female athletes to lower their abnormally high testosterone levels if they wish to compete in elite athletics.View attachment 557541

• Angry
Reactions: 8
I literally had no idea about this .. just been reading about it now after your post, god this is unfair. Those "female" athletes look like men, their features are male, clearly their testosterone levels are incredibly high. I don't understand how this can be allowed.
Basically, the women who placed 4th, 5th and 6th were robbed of those medals. I hope one day we’ll look back at that for the scandal that it was.

Lynsey Sharp, who finished 6th, spoke out about how difficult it was to race against Semenya and - of course - received death threats.

B1701FDA-412E-4C91-B6BB-9CAADFCA4051.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Basically, the women who placed 4th, 5th and 6th were robbed of those medals. I hope one day we’ll look back at that for the scandal that it was.

Lynsey Sharp, who finished 6th, spoke out about how difficult it was to race against Semenya and - of course - received death threats.

View attachment 557600
Yep, I remember Lynsey Sharp being dragged through the mud for speaking out about it. Absolutely ridiculous. Issues around intersex athletes need to be treated with sensitivity but Lynsey clearly had enough at that point and you can't blame her.

Girls, boys and others?? That would work 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 557662
You'd think "everyone" would fit the bill as well :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.