Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd be interested to know if their policing of 'gender hate crime' meaning 'hostility or prejudice based on a person's gender or perceived gender' includes 'cis' people.
Well I wonder if they will have enough admin staff to deal with the deluge of 'hatecrime' that will come, if someone simply being offended can report you. Ugh. I would like to go live on a dessert island please.

Reactions: 6
when did having a different opinion become violence? I get there are verbal attacks and physical attacks but these are written words most of the time. Why are people so scared of written words they don’t agree with? I worry about the resilience of people to deal with differing opinions or even worse, criticism. Trans people in earlier eras were far braver and far less objectionable than these TRAs.

Reactions: 17
when did having a different opinion become violence? I get there are verbal attacks and physical attacks but these are written words most of the time. Why are people so scared of written words they don’t agree with? I worry about the resilience of people to deal with differing opinions or even worse, criticism. Trans people in earlier eras were far braver and far less objectionable than these TRAs.
It also makes a mockery of trans people who have experienced actual violence and, sadly, been attacked and killed for being trans.

Reactions: 12
Hi All! I’ve not posted or read this thread in a couple of weeks but something has been brought to my attention today on Instagram. Will post the link and also some screen grabs.
It’s freakin crazy what some of the comments are like:

Have a read through some of the comments - the original post was a celebration of women and their wombs... the comments are pretty interesting .A tit load of virtue signalling, but also a lot of common sense...
Ew even just taking a peek at some of the profiles of the begrudgers makes me feel sick

Screenshot_20210504-192857_Instagram.jpg

20210504_192817.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Argh my teenage cousin has just shared some ally posts about the GRC now being £5 🙄 She reposts anything and everything that is #be kind. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was very suspicious of this story. Very suspicious. But I heard on Twitter today that Gareeca Gordon really is a female. Apparently photos were withheld because she was undergoing psychiatric tests to see whether she could even be held accountable for the crime (which I think is a reflection of how rare a crime this is for a woman and how damaged Gordon is).

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was very suspicious of this story. Very suspicious. But I heard on Twitter today that Gareeca Gordon really is a female. Apparently photos were withheld because she was undergoing psychiatric tests to see whether she could even be held accountable for the crime (which I think is a reflection of how rare a crime this is for a woman and how damaged Gordon is).

It does mention in the DM that she attended a single sex girls school, so yes, while an unusual crime for a woman to commit, in this case it was a woman.

Reactions: 7
Have a read through some of the comments - the original post was a celebration of women and their wombs... the comments are pretty interesting .A tit load of virtue signalling, but also a lot of common sense...
I don’t know what some of the others on this thread think of this (and maybe I’m just being dramatic because I’ve just finished a 12 hour shift) but genuinely reading the comments on that made me want to cry with anger/frustration/genuine upset at the fact women can’t speak about certain issues without being attacked for being a TERF, or being offensive because “not all women have blah blah...some people who aren’t women have blah blah” I’m honestly so sick of it. I wish I could comment on more of these things as me but in my profession I’m terrified that I would end up losing my registration for having a discussion..isnt that a ridiculous reality we’ve found ourselves in?!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi All! I’ve not posted or read this thread in a couple of weeks but something has been brought to my attention today on Instagram. Will post the link and also some screen grabs.
It’s freakin crazy what some of the comments are like:

Someone in the comments mentioned lavender candles and they were going to send those screenshots to all the high profile people to show them who they support. What’s this about lavender candles?

Also on that insta post, cue the usual white weirdos claiming it's all so colonial and white-washed, meanwhile ACTUAL black women and other woc are telling them why they're wrong 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Someone in the comments mentioned lavender candles and they were going to send those screenshots to all the high profile people to show them who they support. What’s this about lavender candles?
it's an analogy the poster used to explain why their work isn't for all and why people shouldn't seek validation through their posts: 'if i want a rose scented candle i don’t walk into a lavender candle seller’s shop and ask rose scented candles, right? unless i believed upon arriving they sell all kinds. but once i understand they sell lavender only i can either just get lavender or find a different shop.'

Reactions: 3
I’ve been so nervous to post on this thread as I still feel quite ill informed and like I wouldn’t have anything of value to contribute (and quite honestly the generation I’m in/the circles I’m in I feel you’re labelled the devil incarnate to even question these things which has led me to a lot of self doubt, I’m reading gender critical points and arguments that seem nothing but well reasoned and make absolute sense to me and yet I’m being told to agree with any of it makes me an awful bigoted person, and I’ve even questioned if I am an awful person at times)

Just regarding the insta post, I wonder if these people who comment are shocked when they get a calm and well reasoned but firm response? I think a lot of these people are used to brands/celebs/accounts bending over backward to avoid of any accusation of any ‘-phobia’ they’ve never had to explain there viewpoint beyond ‘I’m offended’

Additionally I absolutely hate when women who have had hysterectomies are used as pawns in the argument, before any of these gender issues become mainstream were ANY women without a womb trying to get language changed?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just regarding the insta post, I wonder if these people who comment are shocked when they get a calm and well reasoned but firm response? I think a lot of these people are used to brands/celebs/accounts bending over backward to avoid of any accusation of any ‘-phobia’ they’ve never had to explain there viewpoint beyond ‘I’m offended’
I think that can be a bit of a let down for them. They either want an all blazing argument where they can come out look victorious or they want the grovelling apology. It’s like when you’re hopping mad at someone and you say something which you know annoys them and they don’t get annoyed. It takes the wind out your sails and it all goes down like a lead balloon. A lot of people have an idea which they are strongly attached to but they can’t communicate why it’s important or why you should look into it in a reasoned and measured way - important if you want to debate topics like gender and not look like a raging 13 year old.

Reactions: 12
You can’t really reason with people whose arguments aren’t based on logic or reason. People who think they can change sex because of how they ‘feel’ defy logic and reason. It’s a pointless exercise.

Reactions: 19
I often find myself rising to the bait, but have learnt to take a step back, think and then proceed with a reasonable and factual positioning. That Instagram post and comments did one on me, I was so bloody cross, but I held it together. Big Pat on the back for me 😂

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.