Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I was going to post this yesterday but forgot about it. Tell me again that these men aren’t mentally unwell. Needs sectioning IMO.
The mannerisms and prosody absolutely scream autism. The violent fantasies scream mentally ill incel. I saw this post the other day and one of the replies was “we need to talk more about cormorbidities” and I thought, yup, nail on head.

Reactions: 4
I was struck by how good it was to see evidence that in the real world, people still know what men and women are and behave accordingly - and then struck by how weird it is to even be having a thought like that!
It's got to the point where I smile when I see articles about pregnancy/menstruation/etc refer to 'women' in the text. It is staggering how quickly it's escalated in the past few years (it was obviously happening before that but it really ramped up).

I've no idea why trans women were even mentioned. Ridiculous
In Canada they recommend that transwomen who have had surgery get them. It is because the inside part is made from skin and there is a small risk that they can get skin cancer there:

What an exhausting and boring way to live
Oh, be careful Jack - you're not allowed to say womxn anymore - she's such a TERF!

Also, I tend to stay mostly out of the JM threads these days but I did see her replying to a photo of OJ saying she would have his baby because he made her 'lesbian ovaries twitch' :sick:

The exact same with PhilosophyTube too (who has gone from mediocre breadtube wokebro to the “most famous transwoman in Britain” 🙄 overnight).

All those awful entitled menopausal cis women and their easily accessible HRT /s

He’s still banging on about “healthcare” today. It’s pathetic how much that man seeks attention. Such real entitlement that he doesn’t get “proper healthcare” or “equal rights” (what?!) Always the victim and he loves playing the part and the attention that comes with it.

View attachment 529389

There are so many people who are still suffering from delays in obtaining far more important health care due to the pandemic, this isn't exactly the time to be moaning about 'proper healthcare'. Especially with the patreon income alone meaning he earns more than one year's minimum wage every month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It's got to the point where I smile when I see articles about pregnancy/menstruation/etc refer to 'women' in the text. It is staggering how quickly it's escalated in the past few years (it was obviously happening before that but it really ramped up).

In Canada they recommend that transwomen who have had surgery get them. It is because the inside part is made from skin and there is a small risk that they can get skin cancer there:

Oh, be careful Jack - you're not allowed to say womxn anymore - she's such a TERF!

Also, I tend to stay mostly out of the JM threads these days but I did see her replying to a photo of OJ saying she would have his baby because he made her 'lesbian ovaries twitch' :sick:

There are so many people who are still suffering from delays in obtaining far more important health care due to the pandemic, this isn't exactly the time to be moaning about 'proper healthcare'. Especially with the patreon income alone meaning he earns more than one year's minimum wage every month.
I don’t tend to read the JM threads any more, as JM is just an exhausting attention seeker and the threads move too fast for me now. She’s like Jameela Jamil, likes to cause a pile-on in Twitter.

OJ has such a smug face too.

Robert Webb (Peep Show) is getting some flack for comments he made about Mermaids: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...bb-transgender-charity-mermaids-b1831739.html

Reactions: 10
I don’t tend to read the JM threads any more, as JM is just an exhausting attention seeker and the threads move too fast for me now. She’s like Jameela Jamil, likes to cause a pile-on in Twitter.

OJ has such a smug face too.

Robert Webb (Peep Show) is getting some flack for comments he made about Mermaids: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...bb-transgender-charity-mermaids-b1831739.html

At the time of his controversial tweet, Webb had defended himself, saying: “Accusing me of picking on children is dishonest and low. I was different, as was my wife. I was a ‘queer’, she was a ‘tomboy’. It turned out we were non-gender-conforming children. Many kids like us turn out to be gay. Others don’t.

“A tiny minority have dysphoria. That’s a medical condition and those children deserve respect, love, support and counselling. But telling all kids like me & Abbie that we were born into the wrong body & therefore need a lifetime of medication… that’s just wrong.”

Spot on. It's so bizarre that a statement like that is now considered as being on the 'wrong side of history.'

• Heart
Reactions: 34
At the time of his controversial tweet, Webb had defended himself, saying: “Accusing me of picking on children is dishonest and low. I was different, as was my wife. I was a ‘queer’, she was a ‘tomboy’. It turned out we were non-gender-conforming children. Many kids like us turn out to be gay. Others don’t.

“A tiny minority have dysphoria. That’s a medical condition and those children deserve respect, love, support and counselling. But telling all kids like me & Abbie that we were born into the wrong body & therefore need a lifetime of medication… that’s just wrong.”

Spot on. It's so bizarre that a statement like that is now considered as being on the 'wrong side of history.'
Really glad to see this! I rewatch old Mitchell and Webb Look sketches on YouTube all the time. Super clever and funny. Hint of the Python sensibilities too.

Reactions: 6
Really glad to see this! I rewatch old Mitchell and Webb Look sketches on YouTube all the time. Super clever and funny. Hint of the Python sensibilities too.
Ha ha I love their sketches. Sir Digby Chicken Caeser ones are my favourite.

Good to see some celebs will say something. We just need a few more to help peak people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Robert Webb said a few mildly gender critical things a few years ago and then rapidly backtracked. I was really disappointed in him then. But then JKR did exactly the same thing and came back in hard, so I hope he at least stands by his convictions this time!

Reactions: 10
Robert Webb said a few mildly gender critical things a few years ago and then rapidly backtracked. I was really disappointed in him then. But then JKR did exactly the same thing and came back in hard, so I hope he at least stands by his convictions this time!
He's trending regarding a podcast he and Mitchell were in today. Host ended it by bringing up the mermaids comments and trying to push Webb to denounce his previous comments.

Twitter is saying he crumbled in the face of a father of trans children. I think he just didn't want an argument at the end of an hour long interview about something that's going to cause a massive pile on/cancellation if he's really forthright.

Its clear he's uncomfortable and basically doesn't want to talk about it. He points out that criticising the charity doesn't involve a criticism of the clients which I think this was a good point.

But basically he said its impossible to say anything on this I don't want to talk about it.

Reactions: 7
I hope he doesn’t back track. I haven’t listened to the pod cast but it sounds like the host tried to put him on the spot, and make him feel awkward and say something and he basically said ‘nah’. He didn’t ask to be brought back into this.

Reactions: 6
It was nothing short of an ambush. The interviewer who transed his infant child had an agenda and ambushed him. It was awful

Reactions: 8
Eddie Izzard is in the DM today, doing what any 59 year old woman would do: riding a bike in a mini skirt and heels. Embarrassing.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Eddie Izzard is in the DM today, doing what any 59 year old woman would do: riding a bike in a mini skirt and heels. Embarrassing.

I don't recommend cycling in heels like that. Just doesn't look safe.

Reactions: 8
I'm so conflicted about Eddie izzard. I have all his live DVDs and I'm even IN one of them as I was in the audience when it was filmed. He's always been one of my biggest heroes from outside the world of music and his comedy has got me through tough times. I've seen him live about eight times, sometimes in 'girl mode' ie a mini skirt and fake breasts, but he was always a man just dressing however the hell he liked, which I admired and respected. I can't respect him actually claiming to be a woman (but only sometimes, it seems?) How can someone I thought so intelligent be so blind to how offensive this is?

Reactions: 11
I don’t get it either. Also used to really like him. Loved “these aren’t women’s clothes, their my clothes, I bought them”. I think as a actor/comedian he’s got a sky high ego and being seen as trans gets him loads of attention and fawning. Probably started to believe it. Better to be ‘brave’ than have a fetish

Reactions: 15
I'm so conflicted about Eddie izzard. I have all his live DVDs and I'm even IN one of them as I was in the audience when it was filmed. He's always been one of my biggest heroes from outside the world of music and his comedy has got me through tough times. I've seen him live about eight times, sometimes in 'girl mode' ie a mini skirt and fake breasts, but he was always a man just dressing however the hell he liked, which I admired and respected. I can't respect him actually claiming to be a woman (but only sometimes, it seems?) How can someone I thought so intelligent be so blind to how offensive this is?
I used to LOVE Eddie from the late 90s to early 00s. Massive fan. But now he just gives me the ick.

He used to be so open about being a transvestite, back in the days when it wasn’t actually a dirty word. He was just a bloke who liked make up and frocks, wasn’t he? And that was fine. He just totally owned it.

I hate the way he now says he was some sort of transgender trailblazer. He was no such thing. He’s just another late transitioning AGP dressed in skimpy clothes and getting applauded for it.

Reactions: 14
Eddie was actually brave when he was a gender non conforming man in a dress. I guess he saw that many were getting attention for being trans and his persona, while once bold, was now being outshined by 'trans' identities. It's a social contagion

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.