Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. Coming out as a transvestite in the 90s was genuinely brave. Now he's following the herd. I'd have so much more respect for him if he'd stuck by his guns as a transvestite and rejected the gender ideology nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A man who continues to just do his thing in that regard is Grayson Perry. He did a great documentary a few years ago on what it means to be a man/masculinity. Might still be on iPlayer?

Reactions: 11
A man who continues to just do his thing in that regard is Grayson Perry. He did a great documentary a few years ago on what it means to be a man/masculinity. Might still be on iPlayer?
I've just looked at his Twitter and he's followed by quite a few of the GC people I follow, that's a good sign! I'll definitely seek out his documentary!

Reactions: 5
Oof, came here after the Robert Webb thing because my TL was blowing his comments up into a huge thing, and despite supporting trans people myself I don't really see much issue with it?? Sure, some kids actually do turn out to be trans down the line, but it's more likely that they'll be gay/bi or uncomfortable with rigid gender norms than anything else. It's important to respect the views of kids and teens but I think being trans is a lot rarer than this charity/group seems to think.

Reactions: 9
The charity in question are not to be trusted. The founder openly admitted to taking her son to Thailand to trans him because her husband was uncomfortable with him being gender non conforming.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Robert Webb: ‘I don’t really want to talk about this as it’s very heated and you can’t have a reasonable discussion’
The internet: proves why he’s absolutely spot on 🙄

Talk about bad faith to bung a topic like that into the very end of an interview.

Reactions: 16
Robert Webb: ‘I don’t really want to talk about this as it’s very heated and you can’t have a reasonable discussion’

Talk about bad faith to bung a topic like that into the very end of an interview.
I really don't like this increasing trend of interviewers trying to conduct a "gotcha!" moment on people, knowing that they are backing them into a corner, with profound social media fuelled consequences for that person. It's manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Yeah, they could've at least given him a chance to make his own point. Besides, the point of the interview had nothing to do with trans issues iirc?

Reactions: 8
The charity in question are not to be trusted. The founder openly admitted to taking her son to Thailand to trans him because her husband was uncomfortable with him being gender non conforming.
I watched her TED talk and it seems that she and her husband taught their child from a very young age that they couldn't be a boy and be themself.

Similar story here but with added physical abuse. The mum was beating the child for fear they were gay.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
I watched her TED talk and it seems that she and her husband taught their child from a very young age that they couldn't be a boy and be themself.

Similar story here but with added physical abuse. The mum was beating the child for fear they were gay.

That's really scary stuff... I get that a young child might want to be the opposite gender (hell, I was a huge tomboy as a kid and probably wanted to be a guy at some point, because i wouldn't be obliged to wear skirts all the time) but there's no way a primary school age child has the maturity to decide something like that. Leave it until they're at least in their teens, smh

• Heart
Reactions: 10
They would actually rather believe their child was born in the wrong body than risk the possibility that their son might be gay and or gender non conforming. It's so fucked up

As for Robert Webb, he was ambushed. There was nothing he could have said to placate Jesse. Jesse transed his 5 year old child so there's an agenda

Reactions: 12
I’m pretty sure Webb said he has 2 ‘gender non conforming children’ so naturally TRAs are furious that they’re just letting the kids be themselves without pushing them towards medication etc. That’s the real progressive approach here IMO.

Reactions: 15
Yes, and the surgery was done on the son's 16th birthday. Imagine being so keen to get your child a surgical vagina, you start your research and book a trip when they're just 15.

• Sick
  • Angry
Yes, and the surgery was done on the son's 16th birthday. Imagine being so keen to get your child a surgical vagina, you start your research and book a trip when they're just 15.
Not only that, she has also given talks laughing when she pointed out that the penis was so small (from not going through puberty) that the surgeons found it incredibly difficult to even manage to perform GRS.

-

On the Robert Webb note I've not read his autobiography but it looks very interesting - it's a lot about how masculinity traps men and stops them from feeling able to seek mental health help and how men and boys should be allowed to be both feminine and masculine.

• Sad
  • Wow
This was just reposted on insta by a girl I went to school with, she’s a very far left ‘radical’ feminist, it’s funny because she’s all about trans inclusion and ‘trans women are women’ ... interesting that she’s reshared this when it speaks of ‘male bodies’ and ‘male opinions’ rather than just ‘men’ .. also, by the lefts logic.. what about trans men?
95C42661-9B03-4FBA-8D9D-F061CA4769C8.png

• Haha
She's definitely not a radical feminist if she believes TWAW and if she's bleating on about body hair as opposed to something like sex work

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.