Gender Discussion #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the topic of bathrooms, I was at Kew Gardens on the weekend, and they had made one whole block of toilets ladies only, including changing one of the male toilets to female. I assume this was done in an effort to reduce queueing for the women's loos which makes social distancing difficult. There was a female staff member stationed outside the toilet block and every time a man tried to go to repurposed gents, she would quite firmly redirect him to where the nearest actual gents was. I was struck by how good it was to see evidence that in the real world, people still know what men and women are and behave accordingly - and then struck by how weird it is to even be having a thought like that!

I didn't see any man trying to identify their way into the Ladies loo block but I did wonder what would happen if they did.

Reactions: 20
Commit a disgusting crime? Want to get out of it? All you need to do is identify out of it and the judge will feel sorry for you (and not the poor children)...

What is the point of being a good person in this world when rapists can get off because they are ‘vulnerable’.

ETA: I hope this peaks more people to this.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
At least the cervical screening letter still calls us women. ETA leaflet produced June 2019 updated August 2020
20210414_103447.jpg

Reactions: 12
If you’re a transwoman why would you have even been sent that leaflet? I’m assuming the NHS must keep your sex recorded because otherwise how else would transmen receive it? I get they’re probably just covering all eventualities and cock ups but really...

Reactions: 7
Wouldn't surprise me if they kicked up a stink. "I'm a woman so I should get this literature". We can add smear tests to the lists of things transwomen fetishise

Wouldn't surprise me if they kicked up a stink. "I'm a woman so I should get this literature". We can add smear tests to the lists of things transwomen fetishise
That the things many real women dread are objects of fetish to many TiMs tells you everything you need to know. By behaving the way they do, they are demonstrating that they are not women, not even close.

Reactions: 14
If you’re a transwoman why would you have even been sent that leaflet? I’m assuming the NHS must keep your sex recorded because otherwise how else would transmen receive it? I get they’re probably just covering all eventualities and cock ups but really...
Can only presume that the leaflets (first printed before Covid) would have also been available in doctors and sexual health clinics as well as being sent out with cervical screening letters.

Reactions: 4
Lots of replies to her saying she’s confused PBs with the pill. Also not sure why she would be privy to that information? Saying you’re on the pill is one thing, somehow I highly doubt ‘lots’ of young girls were on PBs and telling everyone about it. But hey, why bother fact checking if what you’re saying pushes your agenda right?

Reactions: 15
I actually think I'm going to start a campaign complaining that I haven't received a letter from the NHS about prostate exams and as a 'potential individual who might or might not have a prostate according to the whims and mood of the day' then why not? Seriously though, this tit is becoming not just faintly amusing but batshit mental and dangerous. Stop pandering to a tiny minority and look after us WOMEN please, NHS.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I actually think I'm going to start a campaign complaining that I haven't received a letter from the NHS about prostate exams and as a 'potential individual who might or might not have a prostate according to the whims and mood of the day' then why not? Seriously though, this tit is becoming not just faintly amusing but batshit mental and dangerous. Stop pandering to a tiny minority and look after us WOMEN please, NHS.
To be fair to the NHS the leaflet states you will only be invited if registered as female, if you are a trans man.

Reactions: 3
That the things many real women dread are objects of fetish to many TiMs tells you everything you need to know. By behaving the way they do, they are demonstrating that they are not women, not even close.
Literally. I think I read the other day that 70% of women don't go for smears, to the extent that they are now starting to roll out home HPV swabs so that women who don't want to go for smears can still have some protection. They're also developing an HPV urine test so we won't even need a swab soon. Yet trans people are desperate to be invited for these tests? Seems like some kind of weird exhibitionist fetish, as with the waxing thing - why are they so hellbent on making unwilling professionals look at their genitals?

• Heart
  • Angry
To be fair to the NHS the leaflet states you will only be invited if registered as female, if you are a trans man.

Does it really need saying? Are we really 'discriminating' if we don't invite or mention a group of people to a medical procedure that is not relevant to them?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.