Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NumptymeNumptyyou

Chatty Member
QUOTE="usefullyuseless, post: 19497687, member: 33476"]
A mini marathon is a name given to any race greater than 5km but less than 42km. Men are still men and women are still women.
[/QUOTE]

You can pretend it is a name given but it really isn't all these races have names, a marathon is 26.2 miles there is no mini marathon its bullshit, this was a 10k not a mini marathon and do you know what a 10k is called it's a fucking 10k.

Yes men are men and women are women but don't make other shit up to suit your circumstances as that's what they are doing.

Most runners hate marathons being misnamed.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Metropolis

VIP Member
So do you call all races under actual marathon distance mini marathons at your club (and if so how do you know what they actually are?) or just the few ones I can find from googling that were historically put in place to give us poor weak women an event that we could manage as obviously we couldn’t possibly manage the proper distance? There’s nothing wrong with any distance but putting on a shorter distance for delicate little women (I mean our uterus might fall out if we exert ourselves any further) but still use the word marathon is sexist crap. A bit like when Ironman tried to put on an Irongirl event a few years ago (note girl even though it was for grown arse women) at a much lesser distance. Thankfully they saw sense and swapped it for a 5K pre main race event for anybody.
---

It is relevant to a gender thread, as far as I can see, these mini marathons seem to be female only and originally set up to pacify women who wanted to run an actual marathon but were told they were too delicate and our bodies wouldn’t cope.
Regardless of the semantics and linguistic technicalities, the term ‘mini-marathon’ has been used for several decades as a descriptor for certain long-distance road races and has been adopted into common parlance. The Dublin mini marathon was established 40 years ago.

MoistPlinth

Yeah, I know someone who went to Reigate Grammar at around the same time as Starmer, it changed to fee paying when they were in 6th form. Before then it was a normal grammar school that anyone who passed the 11+ could go to.

I‘m not at all sure who I’m going to vote for. Our current MP is a Tory and not standing this election. I have no idea who’s standing in his place. The Labour candidate seems nice enough, and does a lot of stuff locally (unlike the useless MP, who doesn’t even live in the same county now 🙄) but I have no idea what is stance on gender critical stuff is.

Ilovemusic

VIP Member
Our local Barnardo's charity shop have dressed their windows with rainbow clothing and a huge rainbow flag.

• Sick

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
Well in my running club we call them mini marathons, as do lots of people 😊 Mini marathons have been a thing since the 1970s. Start a thread about it if you're that butt hurt over a name.
So do you call all races under actual marathon distance mini marathons at your club (and if so how do you know what they actually are?) or just the few ones I can find from googling that were historically put in place to give us poor weak women an event that we could manage as obviously we couldn’t possibly manage the proper distance? There’s nothing wrong with any distance but putting on a shorter distance for delicate little women (I mean our uterus might fall out if we exert ourselves any further) but still use the word marathon is sexist crap. A bit like when Ironman tried to put on an Irongirl event a few years ago (note girl even though it was for grown arse women) at a much lesser distance. Thankfully they saw sense and swapped it for a 5K pre main race event for anybody.
---
I never said you can have mini pints. I said you can have mini marathons. Because you can. This is my last post on this, it's nothing to do with this thread. Start a mini marathon haters thread if you wish.
It is relevant to a gender thread, as far as I can see, these mini marathons seem to be female only and originally set up to pacify women who wanted to run an actual marathon but were told they were too delicate and our bodies wouldn’t cope.

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
QUOTE="usefullyuseless, post: 19497687, member: 33476"]
A mini marathon is a name given to any race greater than 5km but less than 42km. Men are still men and women are still women.
You can pretend it is a name given but it really isn't all these races have names, a marathon is 26.2 miles there is no mini marathon its bullshit, this was a 10k not a mini marathon and do you know what a 10k is called it's a fucking 10k.

Yes men are men and women are women but don't make other shit up to suit your circumstances as that's what they are doing.

Most runners hate marathons being misnamed.
[/QUOTE]

Well in my running club we call them mini marathons, as do lots of people 😊 Mini marathons have been a thing since the 1970s. Start a thread about it if you're that butt hurt over a name.

terfette

Chatty Member
Women are more than capable of doing terrible things - the worst and most violently reactive person I've ever known is female, but the lack of photos of this person is very unusual.

I also think the outfit is... really odd for a woman of 26, and they have very square, broad shoulders. If you cover the head in the photo I still think it's a very male silhouette.

Either way, shoving a frail pensioner is a very odd reaction. I honestly think if someone hit me with a handbag I'd be hard pressed to do anything but laugh.
My fellas step daughter pushed his 86 year old mother quite violently to the floor. It definitely happens, but as someone else has said, this article proves we can't trust the media to report honestly.

TBF I can react quite violently myself. The last time someone hit me, I hit her back, in the face, with the mug of scalding hot tea I was holding at the time. I did think about putting the mug of tea down, but I'd reacted before I could finish the thought. I've never seen so much blood in my life. It was the first time I had properly tried to leave my AGP ex so she picked the wrong day to start a fight with me really.

Reactions: 6

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Charlotte Tilbury getting a lot of negative comments on their recent Instagram post about perfume featuring two men.

Reactions: 6