Gender Discussion #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The BBC can duck off.

They completely glossed over this was a trans rights activist targeting women who speak up for women’s rights.

the only thing that comes close is the judge saying this
Mr Goldspring added Mullen was a "man of previous good character" who had "strong views about gender equality".

This gives much better detail about what he actually did:

What a vile piece of tit he is and virtually no punishment for his threats 😡 He's not even a trans woman which makes it even stranger.
I can understand the TIMs getting worked up when their reality is denied, but a lot of these activists don't appear to be trans themselves.

Reactions: 23
What a vile piece of tit he is and virtually no punishment for his threats 😡 He's not even a trans woman which makes it even stranger.
I can understand the TIMs getting worked up when their reality is denied, but a lot of these activists don't appear to be trans themselves.
It’s strange how these TIM and their supporters all appear to be deeply unpleasant people, aside from their delusions. They are so aggressive, angry, bitter and threatening violence, and yet we’re supposedly the horrible ones making them feel unsafe. Even seeing a book they disagree with makes them feel unsafe FFS.

Reactions: 26
View attachment 2974136View attachment 2974137View attachment 2974138View attachment 2974139

The irony, I can’t even cope. They are so stupid it’s laughable.

“FORCING children” sorry come again? “LITERAL conversion therapy” I beg they buy a literal thesaurus and find another word other than literal/literally.

HE also never draws the gender critical /terf women as slim or conventionally attractive … but JKR is the one who uses character propaganda. Thousands of likes on these btw, one of them has 18k likes.

(Also, I’m not trying to rage bait either I just don’t have anyone in person to share my thoughts and anger with)
Why are they all so obsessed with cutesy cartoons? There's always really unpleasant juvenilia wherever there's trans activism.

I can tell you what else has been captured as well: sci-fi. I'm ploughing through a sci-fi novel at the moment which sounded quite enjoyable, but it's full of gender woo and characters with pronouns, who state them a lot. There's also some of the cringiest sex scenes ever in it.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
He saw an opportunity to threaten women and ran with it.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
The BBC can duck off.

They completely glossed over this was a trans rights activist targeting women who speak up for women’s rights.

the only thing that comes close is the judge saying this
Mr Goldspring added Mullen was a "man of previous good character" who had "strong views about gender equality".
I just came on here to post exactly this Looks like I’ll be making a yet another complaint to the BBC about their partisan reporting. 😡
---
Why are they all so obsessed with cutesy cartoons? There's always really unpleasant juvenilia wherever there's trans activism.
And why would anyone think that a cartoon drawing of someone losing their job in an entirely hypothetical scenario would cause anyone to think “Ooops, I’m wrong! Better change my entire belief system stat!” 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I’m incredibly sad that impressionable young children are being given information from an early age that ‘normalises’ all the different gender identities. They are being brainwashed into things too soon, before they have the chance to grow and form their own opinions. Growing up in this world today is hard enough for them, without all this thrown into the mix. I’m so glad that I’m middle aged/old and grew up in simpler times. And no, I don’t want to share a public toilet or changing room with a transgender man. It’s all gone too far.

Reactions: 28
I've been rewatching shameless (the original UK version), haven't seen it for years but there's a brilliant episode (season 8, Episode 12) where Mimi's "transwoman" brother turns up 😂

It's not pander-y at all. Mickey initially is supportive until he overhears him telling other women he's always been more of a woman than Mimi, at which point he starts calling him a man again and tells him "no, it's uncle robert" or something to that effect.

He says he's a woman who was born with a penis to which mimi says "definition; MAN" 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27

I can tell you what else has been captured as well: sci-fi. I'm ploughing through a sci-fi novel at the moment which sounded quite enjoyable, but it's full of gender woo and characters with pronouns, who state them a lot. There's also some of the cringiest sex scenes ever in it.
I hope I don’t offend any sci-fi fans but this doesn’t surprise me at all. It speaks to the socially awkward- Reddit dwelling- incel (actual or sympathising)- misogyny- trans- TRA pipeline. There’s a whole subculture of men who despise women and their paths often cross over the common ground of obsessive fandom that you see in some sci-fi franchises. Again, apologies for any offence caused, it’s just something I’m noticing more and more. If you’re fantasising about and identifying with anthropomorphic aliens it’s not such a big leap to trans. Also it might be creepy of me but I tend to scan the Facebook profiles of TRAs who post nasty comments on women’s rights pages 🤷🏻‍♀️ and a lot of them are sci-fi fans.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I hope I don’t offend any sci-fi fans but this doesn’t surprise me at all. It speaks to the socially awkward- Reddit dwelling- incel (actual or sympathising)- misogyny- trans- TRA pipeline. There’s a whole subculture of men who despise women and their paths often cross over the common ground of obsessive fandom that you see in some sci-fi franchises. Again, apologies for any offence caused, it’s just something I’m noticing more and more. If you’re fantasising about and identifying with anthropomorphic aliens it’s not such a big leap to trans. Also it might be creepy of me but I tend to scan the Facebook profiles of TRAs who post nasty comments on women’s rights pages 🤷🏻‍♀️ and a lot of them are sci-fi fans.
I’ve found Sc fi, fantasy and anime/manga the unholy trifecta.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m incredibly sad that impressionable young children are being given information from an early age that ‘normalises’ all the different gender identities. They are being brainwashed into things too soon, before they have the chance to grow and form their own opinions. Growing up in this world today is hard enough for them, without all this thrown into the mix. I’m so glad that I’m middle aged/old and grew up in simpler times. And no, I don’t want to share a public toilet or changing room with a transgender man. It’s all gone too far.
Same here.
I often say I'm glad I grew up in a different era - when men trying to access women's toilets, for example, would have resulted in them being ushered out of the building quick smart.

I don't have children but I do worry for my younger relatives.
I take heart from the thread here that maybe this horrible tide will turn, some day.

Reactions: 26
Saw this on Facebook and it made me feel sad and roll my eyes in equal measure.
IMG_6706.jpeg

Doesn’t this just sum up how regressive the whole trans movement is? I’ve cropped out the picture as I don’t want to repost someone’s childhood photo, but it shows a young child with shoulder-length hair dressed in jeans and a red checked shirt. She could easily tell people “this is a picture of me when I was a little boy” and nobody would think twice because it’s not uncommon for a boy to have long hair, but for some reason she needs somebody to photoshop a ‘boy haircut’ in order to feel affirmed!
We should have moved past the point where people think long hair = girl and short hair = boy but it feels like we’re going backwards. With this mindset it’s not hard to see why she’s decided as a gender nonconforming woman she must actually be a trans man.

Reactions: 31
Saw this on Facebook and it made me feel sad and roll my eyes in equal measure.
View attachment 2975786
Doesn’t this just sum up how regressive the whole trans movement is? I’ve cropped out the picture as I don’t want to repost someone’s childhood photo, but it shows a young child with shoulder-length hair dressed in jeans and a red checked shirt. She could easily tell people “this is a picture of me when I was a little boy” and nobody would think twice because it’s not uncommon for a boy to have long hair, but for some reason she needs somebody to photoshop a ‘boy haircut’ in order to feel affirmed!
We should have moved past the point where people think long hair = girl and short hair = boy but it feels like we’re going backwards. With this mindset it’s not hard to see why she’s decided as a gender nonconforming woman she must actually be a trans man.
Trans is all about reinforcing old gender stereotypes. Your daughter likes cars? She must be a boy. Your son likes dolls? He must be a girl. Get them on puberty blockers quick. It's a very regressive, oppressive movement.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Trans is all about reinforcing old gender stereotypes. Your daughter likes cars? She must be a boy. Your son likes dolls? He must be a girl. Get them on puberty blockers quick. It's a very regressive, oppressive movement.
I think I've mentioned before that as a kid I had a tshirt with I am a girl on it" printed on it. I had short hair, dressed in my brothers hand me down track suits, mucked about with him on bikes, football etc as I looked up to him. He was and still is a role model. Am I a boy? Absolutely not. I have a wide variety of likes and at school preferred more male dominated subjects. I didn't do cooking as you can buy a cook book. I want to learn metalwork and woodwork which as a teenager I understood would be more difficult to learn via a book and more expensive.

Who has time to dwell on what gender you are when you should be out living life.

As awkward as puberty is, we come out the other side. I am grateful for the body I have, like everyone there are bits that I'm not too keen on, but it keeps me alive even if a bit creakier.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
IMG_7872.jpeg

Complains that a women only dating app is racist while making the blatantly racist assumption that only “European” (presumably white) women are distinguishable from men

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
I've been rewatching shameless (the original UK version), haven't seen it for years but there's a brilliant episode (season 8, Episode 12) where Mimi's "transwoman" brother turns up 😂

It's not pander-y at all. Mickey initially is supportive until he overhears him telling other women he's always been more of a woman than Mimi, at which point he starts calling him a man again and tells him "no, it's uncle robert" or something to that effect.

He says he's a woman who was born with a penis to which mimi says "definition; MAN" 😂😂😂
And yet that probably wouldn’t get past the censors these days, despite it only being made in 2011. Just brings it home how quickly all this has taken hold :(

Reactions: 18

There was the final ep where it was mentioned that Ian had just married a TIM and words to the effect that it was a gay relationship and he was happy. Even that would be frowned on now

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.