Gender Discussion #65

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm tall and don't really dress in a particularly girly way or wear make up by choice as it doesn't suit my lifestyle. Over the years I've been misgendered quite a few times (think at least twice a year) and whilst I don't like it the person doing it has always realised quite quickly and said sorry without me having to kick off at all. It genuinely is a thing with actual women but I feel it's more down to people not paying attention rather than anything more serious than that. When anybody has actually spent any time with me I'm pretty sure they knew I was a woman without me having to get my birth certificate out.
Do you find it happens more with men? I think men just see long hair/a dress/makeup and assume woman (and the opposite, short hair, ambiguous clothing = male) , where women are more perceptive.

Reactions: 17
Do you think the women who wouldn’t wheesht book was purposely released a few days before Pride on purpose? I didn’t make the link until I saw everyone crying about it on Twitter.

Even if it wasn’t planned I think it’s a brilliant coincidence 😂

women are not allowed to talk about their rights at the best of times but definitely not during Pride. No way.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
IMG_6161.png
IMG_6162.png
IMG_6163.png
IMG_6164.png

The irony, I can’t even cope. They are so stupid it’s laughable.

“FORCING children” sorry come again? “LITERAL conversion therapy” I beg they buy a literal thesaurus and find another word other than literal/literally.

HE also never draws the gender critical /terf women as slim or conventionally attractive … but JKR is the one who uses character propaganda. Thousands of likes on these btw, one of them has 18k likes.

(Also, I’m not trying to rage bait either I just don’t have anyone in person to share my thoughts and anger with)

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Do you think the women who wouldn’t wheesht book was purposely released a few days before Pride on purpose? I didn’t make the link until I saw everyone crying about it on Twitter.

Even if it wasn’t planned I think it’s a brilliant coincidence 😂

women are not allowed to talk about their rights at the best of times but definitely not during Pride. No way.
...I'm nearly finished it as have day off lol...never been more ashamed but also proud to be Scottish...a real insight on how we ended up here...think I was a bit naive in hoping democracy and politicians would do the right thing for all of the citizens...used to joke when I moved back home from London that I was building a bunker, bloody done with this whole tit show of a world!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Do you find it happens more with men? I think men just see long hair/a dress/makeup and assume woman (and the opposite, short hair, ambiguous clothing = male) , where women are more perceptive.
Yes, mainly men, I genuinely think it's a lack of attention. I haven't even got a "manly" haircut, they just see height and pretty non gender specific clothing and register man which they then revoke when they hear me speak or actually open their eyes. I'm not particularly curvy either so maybe I could pass as a TIF (although not really the urge to be honest) but not particularly confident on that

Reactions: 8
Yep! That's exactly what I thought.

And he's continuing to abuse his ex - maybe not physically, but certainly mentally and emotionally - and still trying to control what she says and does.

B*stard indeed.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
In case this hasn't already been shared

I've just shared on Facebook as I've decided I no longer give a duck about whether people think I'm an evil bigot.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
In case this hasn't already been shared

I've just shared on Facebook as I've decided I no longer give a duck about whether people think I'm an evil bigot.
Room for a little one on the 'Stick it up your arses" bench? I can't believe that this country has come to this.

Reactions: 14
Not very kind

The BBC can duck off.

They completely glossed over this was a trans rights activist targeting women who speak up for women’s rights.

the only thing that comes close is the judge saying this
Mr Goldspring added Mullen was a "man of previous good character" who had "strong views about gender equality".

This gives much better detail about what he actually did:

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.