Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive just watched all 3 episodes of the C4 documentary about ''Theres something about Miriam'' Its fascinating!! For all sorts of reasons. Such as is this C4 documentary, almost as exploitative as the original Sky one in 2003!

Theres something about Miriam aired in 2003, and was set up as a reality show by Sky to deliberately set 6 guys up in a Ibiza mansion, on a dating show, with Miriam, who has a secret, that isnt to be mentioned or alluded to until the end of the show. Miriam was born a man and still has a pen*s!!!
Sadly Miriam has died in the intervening period. An odd suicide in his/her hometown in Mexico!

The first episode revolves around the 6 guys, who were chosen, and makes it obvious they were played, and their anger at being betrayed by the lie inherent in the shows format, that Miriam was female, was totally unfair to them. It talks to the shows psychologist, employed at the last minute, as the production crew realise their might be a problem with the show!! Hes talking about how sex, and masculinity and being lied to and being part of a cruel prank, created a toxic mixture, so the fact the boys got so angry and trashed the set, and sued the production company, should have been predicted!
What was even more interesting was the fact that Toby, clocked the fact that Miriam was transgender when they first met, He was probably the most suspicious within the group, of the format and the production team, and he tried to warn the other guys, only to be thrown off the show!!

Episode 2 starts to go into Miriam's history and backstory, how she chose to be transgender from his/her teens, they took hormones, and dropped out of school.
As one of her friends admitted, if you drop out of school you severely limit your options, you can work in a nightclub or salon, or get into sex work, Miriam chose to work in a strip club, which gave them the money for their first boob job, and then they moved to New York, and whilst modelling there got chosen for ''Theres something about Miriam'' for Sky!

Once The TV show aired, Miriam had to face the publicity and the negativity from the British press. Who were brutal, to think only 20 years ago it was possible and permissable for the British Press, to laugh at Miriam and to totally sympathise with the 6 guys who had been fooled!

Then with a subtext that the TV show had ruined her life....Although im not quite sure how her life was ruined exclusively by the TV show, Obviously it was upsetting for her, to come out so openly, in front of the world, but Miriam did choose to co operate with the show, and to do it. After the show Miriam returns to sex work in New York, has a nasty accident when someone throws her out of a window, then after recovering Miriam relocates to Las Vegas, where initially they make tons of money from sex work, before getting caught up with pimps and the underbelly of vegas, the drugs gangs etc who cant/wont allow individuals to indulge in sex work, without a pimp. Miriam disappears and gets punished by being involved in an absolutely awful looking brothel, where workers are drugged imprisoned and prevented from leaving before she escapes and hides herself back in her childhood home in Mexico, before a suicide in 2019

Its a totally tragic story really, of how being transgender 20 years ago, severely limited options, and usually led into sex work. And how sex work, can be dangerous and tragic, if you get involved with the wrong people!
Miriam was referred to as a model with a pen*s, no one even tried in 2003 to say that 'she' was a woman!
I have just sat and watched this show tonight and just couldn't believe it. The lads who were the contestants on the show were treated terribly, the producers never even considered how they would feel when they found out how they had been deceived. They were not consenting to any sort of relationship with a man. And of course our friend India Willoughby was on there spouting the usual crap that trans people commit suicide because of how society treats them...🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
This one stood out for me at the end of a response to a lesbian who was an ‘ally’ but wasn’t attracted to TW. I’ll admit I only read the first few and had enough - there are over 90 on that page! (The website itself is GC, but collating all the crap like this to show what’s really going on)

View attachment 2905691
Yes because ladies should try and make the men as comfortable as possible at all times, even if it makes your flesh crawl and all gets a bit rapey. It's your duty to make men happy, even if they want to dominate and humiliate you.
Christ, what a time to be alive.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
So glad my kids got through primary school before creeps like this started teacher training.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
Do trans people find all other trans people attractive and if they don't is that transphobic ?
Even trans people can't agree on the topic of attraction. :rolleyes:

Trans couples do exist, known as "t4t" I believe. Here's some of them, all of them are TIM & TIF as I couldn't find any same sex photos.

t4t.jpg

Love how the man has his arm protectively around the woman, and she's leaning into him.

couple.jpg

(I find this one quite sad) ^^

dressed-fancy-with-my-husband-for-the-first-time-t4t-couple.jpg

And finally we have a couple who pass really well.....
shout-out-to-my-short-king-hes-3-months-on-t-today-t4t.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
So glad my kids got through primary school before creeps like this started teacher training.
It's about what he wants, not how he can help children. That's what I took from that 1:20 second clip, he spoke about himself pretty much the whole time.

• Angry
  • Heart
Grooming in plain sight. And wearing fetish gear (the dog collar) for the interview. This is so worrying. We need a Cass equivalent for schools.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
This makes me so mad. When you’re a teacher, it’s not about YOU. It’s about the kids, always! You have to leave your ego at the door and make the kids the priority.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just seen

• Angry
Reactions: 21
This makes me so mad. When you’re a teacher, it’s not about YOU. It’s about the kids, always! You have to leave your ego at the door and make the kids the priority.
Exactly. When I was at school we knew nothing about our teachers except their names. They taught the class and didn't talk to us about their private lives. I have no idea to this day who was straight or gay out of my teachers.
Why is it now accepted that teachers will talk openly about their sexual preferences?
This is just plain wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I know I've said this before but the Lib Dems could have cleaned up in the last 5 years and been ready and poised to take over if they could have got themselves together and elected a decent and charismatic leader. So many people are dismayed but what's happened in this country and have no options at the election.

Reactions: 18
Just seen
There’s something really off about Starmer. He’s got mean little piggy eyes.
My husband laughs at my “dodgy” radar, but I’m generally correct. Starmer sets all my alarms bells ringing 🤢

• Heart
Even trans people can't agree on the topic of attraction. :rolleyes:

Trans couples do exist, known as "t4t" I believe. Here's some of them, all of them are TIM & TIF as I couldn't find any same sex photos.

View attachment 2907659
Love how the man has his arm protectively around the woman, and she's leaning into him.

View attachment 2907658
(I find this one quite sad) ^^

View attachment 2907656

And finally we have a couple who pass really well.....
View attachment 2907657
These pictures make me feel really weird. Do they honestly think people can’t tell?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
There’s something really off about Starmer. He’s got mean little piggy eyes.
My husband laughs at my “dodgy” radar, but I’m generally correct. Starmer sets all my alarms bells ringing 🤢
You and me both. He's the definition of ick to me.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.