Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was reading a book on Autism by an American psychologist, Dr Devon Price who wants to be known as gender neutral. I think its linked to the idea that autistic children shouldnt be labelled into stereotypical autistic types! Which I did agree with, However the author was very anti towards JKR, which is when I stopped reading!

However it struck me that younger female generations are completely different to older female generations because, with much better contraception younger females have no danger any more of unwanted pregnancies, they can use implants or a wide range of contraception, that completely removes the need to worry about having a baby!
I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and contraception was easily available by then, but 'accidents' did happen to friends who forgot to take the pill or had a sickness bout, etc etc. So women did have to be aware at the back of our minds of avoiding getting pregnant. So for me being a woman was totally tied up with my basic biology. Now girls can get a single implant that lasts for years...without any worry about unwanted pregnancies at all . Having a baby for the large majority of girls and women in the UK today is a conscious choice, not a natural part of life.

So its much easier to define yourself as gender neutral, if there is absolutely no danger of getting pregnant, and doing historically female things like having a baby or being a mother! And a lot easier to ignore basic biology, if you never have to worry about it!

Reactions: 16
I'm wondering if 'where appropriate' gives them the out to put transmen onto male wards when requested? Women who've been on testosterone for a long time, e.g. Stephen Whittle below, might feel their presence on a female ward would cause alarm.

1714589709790.png

Reactions: 12
I'm wondering if 'where appropriate' gives them the out to put transmen onto male wards when requested? Women who've been on testosterone for a long time, e.g. Stephen Whittle below, might feel their presence on a female ward would cause alarm.

View attachment 2909337
If she wants to be on a male ward, then she can. I don’t have an issue with that. But the men on the ward might.

A tiny minority should not dictate to the minority and make us uncomfortable and/or unsafe however.

Incidentally while Whittle looks male in most photos, she is actually a tiny little woman with tiny hands and feet. I’ve never met her but I do wonder whether other women actually read her as male, no matter what she looks like.

I used to work with a non binary person (a temp) and the blokes in our team couldn’t tell if they were male or female. All the women could tell she was a woman. I suspect it’s something quite primal and instinctive and no amount of surgery and cross sex hormones can overturn that.

Reactions: 30
I was reading a book on Autism by an American psychologist, Dr Devon Price who wants to be known as gender neutral. I think its linked to the idea that autistic children shouldnt be labelled into stereotypical autistic types! Which I did agree with, However the author was very anti towards JKR, which is when I stopped reading!

However it struck me that younger female generations are completely different to older female generations because, with much better contraception younger females have no danger any more of unwanted pregnancies, they can use implants or a wide range of contraception, that completely removes the need to worry about having a baby!
I grew up in the 60s and 70s, and contraception was easily available by then, but 'accidents' did happen to friends who forgot to take the pill or had a sickness bout, etc etc. So women did have to be aware at the back of our minds of avoiding getting pregnant. So for me being a woman was totally tied up with my basic biology. Now girls can get a single implant that lasts for years...without any worry about unwanted pregnancies at all . Having a baby for the large majority of girls and women in the UK today is a conscious choice, not a natural part of life.

So its much easier to define yourself as gender neutral, if there is absolutely no danger of getting pregnant, and doing historically female things like having a baby or being a mother! And a lot easier to ignore basic biology, if you never have to worry about it!
Hmm, I'm not sure, I "accidentally", got pregnant on the pill, and then with a mirena coil.
I didn't miss a pill at all, nor was I sick, or on antibiotics, I just got very unlucky, twice.
I got my tubes tied after the second time, I couldn't risk it happening again.

Reactions: 14
The dystopian nightmare continues. How can this be happening?
View attachment 2909551
Ffs, anyone who supports men in a breastfeeding group is disgusting.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
View attachment 2909551
i am actually really pleased to see that there are as many as six trustees that wanted to keep it single sex. So often it seems it’s a lone voice within organisations.

Any man wanting to ‘lactate’ or ‘breastfeed’ needs all his electronic devices forensically examined. I will never be convinced that a man fighting for his right to do this is nothing other than a paedophile.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I've just completed the NHS constitution consultation & at the end you're asked for other input so I said 'get rid of the f*cking flags for the f*cking perverts' and put the money to better use. A simple sign saying 'all are welcome', should suffice - I saw that sign on a business the other day & I thought is everyone really welcome? Does that include rapists & murders? But of course in the NHS literally everyone is entitled to healthcare so surely such a sign should suffice.

OK, so my language was a bit more polite & I don't have a issue with the rainbow flag just the new rainbow throw up one.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
i am actually really pleased to see that there are as many as six trustees that wanted to keep it single sex. So often it seems it’s a lone voice within organisations.

Any man wanting to ‘lactate’ or ‘breastfeed’ needs all his electronic devices forensically examined. I will never be convinced that a man fighting for his right to do this is nothing other than a paedophile.
Same, it's just not right at all, its using babies in a sexual fetish.
It makes me utterly furious, I breastfed my daughter and struggled with it, and the thought of men getting off on it is bleeping revolting.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
This makes me so mad. When you’re a teacher, it’s not about YOU. It’s about the kids, always! You have to leave your ego at the door and make the kids the priority.
Not only just with this teacher but the trans agenda is all "me me me", I want, I need, respect my this and that...so selfish and entitled.
---
Just seen
I cannot stand Starmer and Labour being in power terrifies me.

Reactions: 21
Same, it's just not right at all, its using babies in a sexual fetish.
It makes me utterly furious, I breastfed my daughter and struggled with it, and the thought of men getting off on it is bleeping revolting.
I really struggled too, I was massively let down by our nhs feeding team and ended up having to combi feed and never managed to get back to EBF. It really angers me that there is a potential for MEN to get more support than I did when I so desperately wanted to feed my baby 😔 my son lost so much weight that most of the newborn photos I have really upset me to look at.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I just spent some time filling it in, but the phrasing of this concerned me a bit:
View attachment 2909164
What does ‘where appropriate’ mean in this context and how might that be interpreted by NHS decision-makers? I raised this in the additional comments section, but theoretically, could it be argued by TRA-influenced staff that it is ‘appropriate’ for a man who says he is a woman’s to be placed on a female ward?
from bbc - https://www.bbc.com/news/health-68923861

For example, same-sex accommodation rights, which have existed for years, can and are breached where there is a clinically urgent need to admit and treat a patient and do not extend to areas such as critical care or accident and emergency. - covid would been another occasion

The guidance also means that trans men should not be housed on single-sex male wards.

Under the proposals:

• transgender people, whose gender identity differs from their biological sex, may be provided single rooms, where appropriate - I think this may be for sex related issues, so trans men in for gynecology issues or trans women in for protate issues, ya know, biological sex health reasons 🤔
  • patients will have the right to request a person of the same biological sex delivers any intimate care
eta - from nhs england 2021, wonder if the person typed this part kept a straight face lol

Non-binary individuals, who do not identify as being male or female, should also be asked discreetly about their preferences, and allocated to the male or female ward according to their choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I just spent some time filling it in, but the phrasing of this concerned me a bit:
View attachment 2909164
What does ‘where appropriate’ mean in this context and how might that be interpreted by NHS decision-makers? I raised this in the additional comments section, but theoretically, could it be argued by TRA-influenced staff that it is ‘appropriate’ for a man who says he is a woman’s to be placed on a female ward?
I had the same thoughts as you (I haven't filled it in yet).
Our local hospitals have single-sex wards except for areas such as A&E, an emergency admission ward or Intensive Care. One hospital had a large ward for emergency admission, but even that separated the men and women as much as possible. It also wasn't a long stay ward, patients were admitted from A&E and from there either went home or were admitted and moved to the appropriate medical ward as soon as a bed was available. It was more comfortable than being in A&E and I thought it was a good system - not sure if it still works that way.

So if the "except where appropriate" bit applied to areas such as A&E, the emergency admission ward and ICU, I wouldn't have a problem. These are all busy areas with lots of staff around.

But lower down it refers to a transgender person being assigned a single room. It does not state where that single room would be. So would a man be placed in a single room within the women's ward? Is that covered by "where appropriate?"

Wards are set out differently, even within the same hospital. Some will cover a large area and then have bays within them. Each bay will be single sex and have a bathroom within it, to be used by those patients only. One bay may contain women, the next one men. A single room may also be on the corridor. Patients will be told to leave if they wander in to the opposite sex bay. A transgender person being put in a single room would be appropriate in this arrangement.

But some wards are fully separated. After a common entrance there will be two corridors, each leading to a collection of wards and single rooms. One corridor is for men, the other for women. Each small ward may or may not have its own bathroom, and there are often additional toilets and bathrooms within each complex. There tends to be more patient movement within this type of set-up. A man in a single room within the women's area would be far more intrusive and have more opportunity to behave inappropriately.

The paragraph is ambiguous and - as I've tried to describe above - what would be a satisfactory solution in one ward would not be appropriate in another.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2909551
I’m glad these trustees aren’t taking this lying down!!!
It makes me so angry. Also,
it’s all SO frustrating because what a bloody waste of time - breastfeeding rates are so low and now the bloody charities are spending time and energy arguing about gender nonsense instead of just HELPING WOMEN AND BABIES

• Angry
Reactions: 31

View attachment 2909337
Ah, that’s the one I saw a documentary about! I’ve been trying to remember- thank you..

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2909551
It is sickening. Anyone who gives birth is a mother. To say anything else is denying reality. Men have no business trying to breast feed. It’s revolting and child abuse. Babies are not a prop for a sexual fetish. Frankly, any man trying to force a baby to “feed” from him deserves to be arrested and put on the sex offender register.
As for harmful, bloody gender ideology is harmful. Who does it actually benefit but creepy AGPs.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I unfollowed a dr on Instagram (theogbynmum) as she was promoting lactation simulation for if you hadn’t given birth. True, she wasn’t aiming at men, but at mums who had adopted or lesbians whose partner had given birth.
The newborn stage is hard enough without adding a stressful “fake feed” into the mix. It was to “promote connection”- bullshit - it was the make the non biological mother feel like the bio mum. Absolutely no benefit to the baby in my opinion.
Save the money and effort to help actual mums breastfeed if they want.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I've just completed the NHS constitution consultation & at the end you're asked for other input so I said 'get rid of the f*cking flags for the f*cking perverts' and put the money to better use. A simple sign saying 'all are welcome', should suffice - I saw that sign on a business the other day & I thought is everyone really welcome? Does that include rapists & murders? But of course in the NHS literally everyone is entitled to healthcare so surely such a sign should suffice.

OK, so my language was a bit more polite & I don't have a issue with the rainbow flag just the new rainbow throw up one.
I put comment " always ensure politics and societal fashions are kept out of medical care needs for Men and Women, respecting both Sexes. "

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I unfollowed a dr on Instagram (theogbynmum) as she was promoting lactation simulation for if you hadn’t given birth. True, she wasn’t aiming at men, but at mums who had adopted or lesbians whose partner had given birth.
The newborn stage is hard enough without adding a stressful “fake feed” into the mix. It was to “promote connection”- bullshit - it was the make the non biological mother feel like the bio mum. Absolutely no benefit to the baby in my opinion.
Save the money and effort to help actual mums breastfeed if they want.
Children aren't props. What is wrong with people.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.