Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder how many locker-room pep talks “she” does whilst the women are changing…
It actually sickens me that people are fawning over the man and are too dumb to see this situation for what it is. Fortunately, the Mail published this helpful photo. Oh yes, just your typical woman’s evening wear :mad:
1715583547193.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Okay so I'm going to repeat myself once more and then leave this. The entertainment industry has a well documented habit of positioning content which is not suitable for children in ways that are appealing to children. Some people do find this sinister or a bit of a red flag. One example of this may be promoting artists with names similar to or directly taken from from cartoons (regardless of why those names were chosen by the artist) on the same bill of live entertainment.
Ok but I highly doubt there was a campaign in 2 seperate countries to elect Eurovision artists with Disney names.

The Irish entry was voted on by the public, so this "well documented" plot would need to have involved thousands of ordinary Irish citizens in the "promotion"

The other guy has a name associated with a fish, honestly I've no idea what anyone might achieve with that.

What you are suggesting is a sinister plot is really just a coincidence/nothing.

I'm gender critical and I take issue with a married female roaring "the queers are coming" but you're reading something into the names that isn't there.

Reactions: 9
Well, you learn something new every day! Nemo is also his real name (although he did release an EP called Clownfish some years ago) and he’s in a straight relationship. Another one just doing it all for attention.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Bambi and the bloke were shouting I love you at each other in a tiktok which she then deleted

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Bambi and the bloke were shouting I love you at each other in a tiktok which she then deleted
I wouldn't read anything into that though. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that they're together. Going by her relationship history she appears to be straight so she has a nerve calling herself queer. It's just the latest way to be special. She thinks she's such a rebel but she's not. She's got the exact same stance on gender as the govt here in Ireland and they were all sending her messages of support. You're not anti establishment if the establishment are tweeting good luck messages to you. She's like a teenager trying to rebel.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What connection ?

Bambies real name is actually Bambie. They added the Thug to their stage name because they liked the contrast to the super feminine first name.

But when they were in primary school in Macroom in Cork, 20 odd years ago ,their teachers called them bambi because that's what their parents put on their birth cert.
I’m really curious by your use of they/them pronouns if you are GC, especially here where we are nearly all GC too.

Reactions: 18
Ok but I highly doubt there was a campaign in 2 seperate countries to elect Eurovision artists with Disney names.

The Irish entry was voted on by the public, so this "well documented" plot would need to have involved thousands of ordinary Irish citizens in the "promotion"

The other guy has a name associated with a fish, honestly I've no idea what anyone might achieve with that.

What you are suggesting is a sinister plot is really just a coincidence/nothing.

I'm gender critical and I take issue with a married female roaring "the queers are coming" but you're reading something into the names that isn't there.
I think it's just coincidence that they were both on Eurovision. They could have both been on the bill at a local venue that no-one really heard about, these things do happen when events are promoted, on whatever scale. I think it's not a coincidence that there is an increasing trend to market things that are not for children to children, using existing cultural references and I personally think we should be calling out this trend. Some people think that's a bit Mary Whitehouse and don't like it, that's fine. I think you're reading things into what I said that are not there. No-one is suggesting some huge weird Irish plot except you.

Reactions: 8
I think it's just coincidence that they were both on Eurovision. They could have both been on the bill at a local venue that no-one really heard about, these things do happen when events are promoted, on whatever scale. I think it's not a coincidence that there is an increasing trend to market things that are not for children to children, using existing cultural references and I personally think we should be calling out this trend. Some people think that's a bit Mary Whitehouse and don't like it, that's fine. I think you're reading things into what I said that are not there. No-one is suggesting some huge weird Irish plot except you.

Ah here go on outta that, you implied there was a conspiracy to market non binary artists to kids by naming them after Disney artists. Turns out not only is there not ,but both artists performed under their REAL names.

There's a ton of people out there who think anyone gender critical is a tin foil hat wearing loon. When you make a claim like the above AND still can't back down when it's pointed out that you were wrong here (Bambi and Nemo were not named that way artificially to promote a non binary lifestyle to kids) you make all gender critical people look daft

Your theory was wrong. The end.
---
I’m really curious by your use of they/them pronouns if you are GC, especially here where we are nearly all GC too.
Curious how? I also used she/her. It's just made up words either way.

Reactions: 5
Ah here go on outta that, you implied there was a conspiracy to market non binary artists to kids by naming them after Disney artists. Turns out not only is there not ,but both artists performed under their REAL names.

There's a ton of people out there who think anyone gender critical is a tin foil hat wearing loon. When you make a claim like the above AND still can't back down when it's pointed out that you were wrong here (Bambi and Nemo were not named that way artificially to promote a non binary lifestyle to kids) you make all gender critical people look daft

Your theory was wrong. The end.
---

Curious how? I also used she/her. It's just made up words either way.
Yeah I'm not really getting this either. Those artists' names are just their names. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

There are plenty of things I have an issue with regarding kids and boundaries being pushed, the most obvious of which being "drag queen story time" and all that BS. But a couple of Eurovision artists with quirky names, not so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeah I'm not really getting this either. Those artists' names are just their names. Not sure what else there is to say about it.

There are plenty of things I have an issue with regarding kids and boundaries being pushed, the most obvious of which being "drag queen story time" and all that BS. But a couple of Eurovision artists with quirky names, not so much.
Also, I do not think Cate Blanchett "named her son after Polanski" - when asked about the name she said "there's Polanski, but it's also the French for novel". It's not that unusual a name, especially compared to his brothers Dashiel and Ignatius.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
duck off, Debbie Hayton.

I love JKR, I'm very grateful to her for everything she's done and her wealth and untouchability meant the conversations that needed to happen was smashed open and couldn't be cancelled back into its box.

I do agree with DH though that a nasty side has crept into JKRs tweets lately. In her 2020 essay she talks about knowing and loving trans people and is clear that her red line is that biological sex is real and that no one has the right to force us to say it isn't or to take women's sex based rights away.

There's a meanness and singularity to her tweets lately. I saw her use the phrase "cross dresser" during the week. And fine you might think that manager/referee looks a state but again as Debbie said football management is already open to any gender and there's no advantage conferred here so why bother targetting him ?

I suppose it's the difference between trying to a have a nuanced level headed discussion about immigration versus using derogatory terms about migrants to make your point.

I don't believe gender identity is real, but I also don't believe in flinging slurs at anyone who believes they are trans. A football manager who wants long hair and a woman's name for me comes under "who cares". It's not in the same league as Leah Thompson and when you refer to trans people as cross dressers you make it easy for the GC crowd to decry you as just a bigot, rather than someone whose quite rightly standing up for women's rights.

Reactions: 7
I think I've misexplained here. Adult concepts are being pushed on kids using kid-friendly imagery. Disney film names lend themselves well to that. The young people with those names, their families etc are not necessarily part of this but the fact these two young and seemingly vulnerable people are now internationally famous as a result of the Eurovision platform and their newfound reach to young people via social media etc means they are open to being exploited further. I don't want to derail any more than this has done so that really is the last I'm going to say on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@SIXTYNINEDUDES!
926BEA25-34D8-4374-8633-C35DBDF9E39D.jpeg

This is Lucy Clark, the referee. He is not a woman.

I agree with JKR 100%. Women did the be kind thing and it got us nowhere. All that happened is that men like Hayton pushed and pushed our boundaries because nothing other than total capitulation is ever going to be enough. Hayton is - IMO - an abusive man who has gaslit, manipulated and deceived his deeply devout wife and ruined his children’s lives to pursue sexual gratification. And has continued to try and do exactly the same to women at large.

He can piss off. I’m not interested in his opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I feel like JK is just fighting fire with fire. She tried to play nice and point out facts, and was sent death threats and worse. I wonder if she thinks, sod it the gloves are off? I do agree tho - in general the referee thing is small fry compared to pubery blockers, trans ideology in schools etc.

Ho

Reactions: 33
@SIXTYNINEDUDES!
View attachment 2932726
This is Lucy Clark, the referee. He is not a woman.

I agree with JKR 100%. Women did the be kind thing and it got us nowhere. All that happened is that men like Hayton pushed and pushed our boundaries because nothing other than total capitulation is ever going to be enough. Hayton is - IMO - an abusive man who has gaslit, manipulated and deceived his deeply devout wife and ruined his children’s lives to pursue sexual gratification. And has continued to try and do exactly the same to women at large.

He can piss off. I’m not interested in his opinions.
I never said the ref was a woman. I said when JKR flings insults (or what can be perceived as insults given cross dresser is quite an outdated term) she makes it easy to dismiss the myriad of correct things she is also saying as just the ramblings of a bigot.

Maybe it is a case that she's worn down and the gloves are off but maybe she also just needs a break from twitter.

I also find Debbie hayton to be quite reasonable in that she also knows and says out loud that she knows that she is not *literally* a woman?

Reactions: 2
Debbie is a he, not a she. Debbie created the school guidance that says boys should be allowed in girls spaces if they identify as girls. Debbie uses women’s toilets.

Thinking that manipulative men like Debbie are reasonable is how we ended up in this mess in the first place.

Also Stonewall is clear that cross dressers are under the trans umbrella

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
Debbie is a he, not a she. Debbie created the school guidance that says boys should be allowed in girls spaces if they identify as girls. Debbie uses women’s toilets.

Thinking that manipulative men like Debbie are reasonable is how we ended up in this mess in the first place.

Also Stonewall is clear that cross dressers are under the trans umbrella
That's the great thing about life, we can have different views.

Edit, I know this is Wikipedia, but my recollection was DH was gender critical and trans ie fully aware she was not actually a woman and this talks about the controversy of her defending female single sex spaces.

If after this she has changed her mind and is defending the other side I'm open to reading links.

Screenshot_2024-05-13-12-52-22-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.