Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we please stop being FishPhobic. Words are violence I'm crying and shaking in my safe space I'm supposed to be cooking a Sunday Roast

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It really is the epitome of white western privilege 🤮🤮 where was his Palestinian flag?? Ya know, for the people experiencing an actual genocide not a bleeping imagined one.
A lot of the acts were wanting to display pro Palestinian/ anti Israel messages but they were stopped by the organisers. The fact that you could see so many of the pride TQ+ flags was quite irritating.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Usually I love Eurovision, but it was a total shitshow this year. On top of all the other drama, Croatia deserved to win.

Nemo gives massive narcissist vibes to me. Disliked him ever since I saw this video come out

If he had any understanding whatsoever of what it is like to not have an entirely male brain or whatever, he should know you don’t follow women down the street bugging them when they have already made it clear they are not interested :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I love eurovision... So, I loved last night. Croatia was by far the best and Austria was great too.

It makes me feel despondent that Bambie Thug has so much talent but rather than letting that speak for itself, it has to be about gender ideology. It's a song contest, let it be about the music, performance and silliness.
I love it too. I thought the same about Bambie and Nemo too. Let your talent do the talking and cut the crap. No need for all these bleeping flags.

It's a weird one for me being LGB, I've always loved it and it's part of my calendar every year. But I'm seeing more and more younger fans who are getting far too wrapped up in it all. Policing everything that's said about their favourite performer and just unable to enjoy it for what it is, a bit of fun with music.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I love it too. I thought the same about Bambie and Nemo too. Let your talent do the talking and cut the crap. No need for all these bleeping flags.

It's a weird one for me being LGB, I've always loved it and it's part of my calendar every year. But I'm seeing more and more younger fans who are getting far too wrapped up in it all. Policing everything that's said about their favourite performer and just unable to enjoy it for what it is, a bit of fun with music.
That applies to so many things these days. What's wrong with some simple straightforward entertainment without all the politics and virtue signalling? It sucks all the fun out of things
Nothing that anyone said or did at the Eurovision made the slightest bit of difference to Gaza and they're all clapping each other in the back for their bravery when they're just using it to gain some attention for themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I think it's worth making the connection between Bambi(e) and Nemo and where most people will associate those names.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I was 16 when Bucks Fizz won Eurovision, and even then it was seen as deeply uncool, none of my friends would ever admit to watching it (obviously we all did!) Ireland went through a phase of winning all the time, the UK had a few moments of glory, but no-one has ever really taken it very seriously, and everyone in the UK loves to whinge about how the European countries all hate us (even before Brexit), and that's why we never win, etc etc. The organisers noticed that it had a huge gay following, and over the last few years, it has somehow evolved into a massive LGBT event. As these things do (Pride, Stonewall) it's been taken over by the TQ+ mob, and now we're supposed to sit with our parents, children and grandchildren, watching young men non-binary folk, simulating gay sex, wearing little girls' clothes, or waving identity flags which no-one recognises. 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Not Eurovision related (used to be a night I looked forward to but it's just boring now.) I just purchased my first item of Terf-wear from Let Women Speak.
I've decided on the Witch -Adult Human Female hoodie partly because it's on sale and it also makes me laugh.
IMG_4885.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I bloody love Eurovision, and I'm shocked that Nemo was allowed to wave his NB flag during the flag parade for the countries participating. Croatia should've won (I voted for them and two other countries). Would they let Olympians wave sex flags during their flag parade? I don't think so.

Delighted with Graham that he kept saying "he" for Nemo, the eurovision thread on here has been fun aside from the pronoun police incorrectly correcting people.
Graham Norton has described JKR as 'problematic' and said he wouldn't have her on his chat show - he left Twitter/X following that statement. India Willyboy has been trying to cancel him on X for using 'he' for Nemo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Graham Norton has described JKR as 'problematic' and said he wouldn't have her on his chat show - he left Twitter/X following that statement. India Willyboy has been trying to cancel him on X for using 'he' for Nemo
It's delicious when these twats turn on each other 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The organisers noticed that it had a huge gay following, and over the last few years, it has somehow evolved into a massive LGBT event. As these things do (Pride, Stonewall) it's been taken over by the TQ+ mob, and now we're supposed to sit with our parents, children and grandchildren, watching young men non-binary folk, simulating gay sex, wearing little girls' clothes, or waving identity flags which no-one recognises. 🥴
That’s it in a nutshell: Eurovision was always camp and cheesy, but now, like everything else, it’s been Stonewalled. 🙄
---
Oh dear, looks like Graham’s about to learn that, no matter how hard you try, ultimately you’re never the ‘right kind’ of ally. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh dear, looks like Graham’s about to learn that, no matter how hard you try, ultimately you’re never the ‘right kind’ of ally. 😐
They always turn! GN is a gay man in his 50s or 60s. No way does he genuinely believe in this stuff and he wouldn't go near a transman himself.

Reactions: 30
I think it's worth making the connection between Bambi(e) and Nemo and where most people will associate those names.
What connection ?

Bambies real name is actually Bambie. They added the Thug to their stage name because they liked the contrast to the super feminine first name.

But when they were in primary school in Macroom in Cork, 20 odd years ago ,their teachers called them bambi because that's what their parents put on their birth cert.

Reactions: 4
What connection ?

Bambies real name is actually Bambie. They added the Thug to their stage name because they liked the contrast to the super feminine first name.

But when they were in primary school in Macroom in Cork, 20 odd years ago ,their teachers called them bambi because that's what their parents put on their birth cert.
I think Hollaaa means that Bambi and Finding Nemo are both children's films.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.