Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What connection ?

Bambies real name is actually Bambie. They added the Thug to their stage name because they liked the contrast to the super feminine first name.

But when they were in primary school in Macroom in Cork, 20 odd years ago ,their teachers called them bambi because that's what their parents put on their birth cert.
I actually really like the name Bambie Thug! That's a total aside like 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Graham Norton has described JKR as 'problematic' and said he wouldn't have her on his chat show - he left Twitter/X following that statement. India Willyboy has been trying to cancel him on X for using 'he' for Nemo
He will never come back from that!

Reactions: 6
India Willyboy has to attack people on Twitter, run campaigns to cancel people etc because other than that he has no proper career or relevance in the whole world.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The reason why people are critical is not because they are racist, sexist and homophobic, its because it feels like the BBC are lecturing us all. Audiences don't like being told what to think. A good drama might alter your point of view on something because your eyes are opened to another perspective but 'show not tell'.

this is so true - one of the most inclusive shows on the BBC is the Bake Off - differing ages, sexuality, ethnicity, abilities…..and it’s just stated as part of their lives with no big song and dance made about it

Reactions: 15
India Willyboy has to attack people on Twitter, run campaigns to cancel people etc because other than that he has no proper career or relevance in the whole world.
He also likes copying in multiple police forces at the drop of a hat 😂. Does he really think the met police are going to rush up to Scotland and have a word for ‘non-crime hate speech’?
1715547653930.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Yeah I get that , but so what ? What's "worth making the connection" about that?
Bambie didn't choose her name. It's her real name bar the Thug part.
Less to do with what Bambie's parents thought 20 odd years ago and more to do with the state of the entertainment industry and how things are promoted now. Is the Thug part referring to something other than violence? Or just a random meaningless choice? Last night was the first I'd heard of this person, but the name does seem quite provocative.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Less to do with what Bambie's parents thought 20 odd years ago and more to do with the state of the entertainment industry and how things are promoted now. Is the Thug part referring to something other than violence? Or just a random meaningless choice? Last night was the first I'd heard of this person, but the name does seem quite provocative.
Then (3-4 years ago) and now - this guy is now her husband and part of her act - coercive control?

1715550446592.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Props to JKR for calling out this farce for what it is. ‘Lucy’ (who has a handmaiden wife and a daughter) has been discussed on here before in his capacity as ‘the first ever transgender referee’.

1715569352894.png

Reactions: 17
Ok but your post mentioned that 2 artists had first names connected to Disney like there was some kind of sinister meaning to that "connection". My point was and is, that's her real first name.
---
Then (3-4 years ago) and now - this guy is now her husband and part of her act - coercive control?

View attachment 2931888
I think BT is single now, but she/they does mention in interviews the ex was a walking red flag looking back. guys with neck tattoos give me the creeps.

As for "them" being "queer" after being in a heterosexual marriage ?. That makes a mockery of the whole word

Reactions: 5
Props to JKR for calling out this farce for what it is. ‘Lucy’ (who has a handmaiden wife and a daughter) has been discussed on here before in his capacity as ‘the first ever transgender referee’.

View attachment 2932219

Wonder how many locker-room pep talks “she” does whilst the women are changing…

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Ok but your post mentioned that 2 artists had first names connected to Disney like there was some kind of sinister meaning to that "connection". My point was and is, that's her real first name.
---

I think BT is single now, but she/they does mention in interviews the ex was a walking red flag looking back. guys with neck tattoos give me the creeps.

As for "them" being "queer" after being in a heterosexual marriage ?. That makes a mockery of the whole word
Okay so I'm going to repeat myself once more and then leave this. The entertainment industry has a well documented habit of positioning content which is not suitable for children in ways that are appealing to children. Some people do find this sinister or a bit of a red flag. One example of this may be promoting artists with names similar to or directly taken from from cartoons (regardless of why those names were chosen by the artist) on the same bill of live entertainment.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.