Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My poor husband is married to a big Eurovision fan so often has to watch Eurovision a little under duress (I make it up to him with lots of snacks & booze!) and he was getting a bit confused with the Swiss and Irish entries. 'So they are both non-binary but that's a bloke and that's a woman?'... Yep.
At least with Conchita you knew it was a bloke in a dress

• Heart
Reactions: 36
When Conchita came out walking no mistaking the manly shaved thigh in the red dress. Even with a beard. Dana International didn’t make a big deal of it and Conchita had a beard so not pretending.

Reactions: 17
When Conchita came out walking no mistaking the manly shaved thigh in the red dress. Even with a beard. Dana International didn’t make a big deal of it and Conchita had a beard so not pretending.
I looked up Conchita (I thought he was Dana!) But Conchita explicitly said he was not trans but a gay man dressing up as an act - drag queen.

Reactions: 22
I had a very interesting conversation with my teens during Eurovision, about the fact that Conchita Wurst is clear that he is a gay man who performs wearing evening gowns and doesn’t ask anyone to pretend that he is a woman, versus Bambie Thug, who is self-declaredly ‘non-binary’ yet simultaneously a self-declared witch who perform ‘blood magic’ using menstrual blood.

They were very ‘eye-rolly’ about Bambie, and gave a resounding ‘good!’ when I said that Conchita doesn’t lie about being a woman or try to force others to agree.

It made my night 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I managed to avoid the entirety of Eurovision thanks to being on holiday with poor phone reception. Looks like I missed a lot of chaos. I feel sorry for the Swiss viewers excited to see their flag on TV only for it to be switched out for the nonbinary flag. Europe has fallen to the ideology.
---
Oh my posts have merged ...Also, I was in London and saw quite a few 20-something men with straggly-wiry long hair limply dangling off their head, trying to emulate long flowing locks, and bare legs with mini tutu skirts and platform shoes. Complete with backpacks with all the flag pin-badges.

Also, I was driving to work last week, and often I wait at red lights near a roundabout which often has 100s of parents and toddlers walking across the crossing as there's a primary school just off the roundabout. I kid you not, I was sitting in my car, waiting, and this big bruiser of a man clearly in his 60s-70s was wearing a grayson-perry esque pastel dress with petticoats, a backpack with all the badges and a pink wig plaited in pigtails. I could not help but glare through my windscreen. Perhaps he is mental, I don't know but the juxtaposition of him walking along amongst all the kids and parents was just ugh.... there's no way he was on his way to an office job... or was he? Perhaps his workplace bends over backwards to accommodate him.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I didn't realise that being "non-binary" meant dressing up like a little girl 🙄🤮
And his intro film was him going shopping and picking out skirts. Just a shallow, indulged young man feeling ever so special, and having the stupid competition supporting him. ffs you're at eurovision contest half the contestants wear crazy outfits, you're not a big deal.

However the organisers should try to remember it's a family programme, so endorsing these ideologies (or performers dancing in thongs or suggestively) is not for kids - nor my adult eyes

Reactions: 27
Radio 4 news just there: “Switzerland has won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song exploring singer Nemo (?)’s non binary status. After winning HE said:”

hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
At least Conchita made an effort to dress up for the show. Olly Alexander looked like he'd just climbed out of a skip. And as for Nemo...his little legs in those pink tights reminded me of uncooked chipolatas 😬🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I bloody love Eurovision, and I'm shocked that Nemo was allowed to wave his NB flag during the flag parade for the countries participating. Croatia should've won (I voted for them and two other countries). Would they let Olympians wave sex flags during their flag parade? I don't think so.

Delighted with Graham that he kept saying "he" for Nemo, the eurovision thread on here has been fun aside from the pronoun police incorrectly correcting people.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
They have to push the flag onto bleeping EVERYTHING.
It must get other people's backs up, surely?
---
I avoided the whole thing like a plague, and I'm glad. 😁
And me. Wild horses wouldn't have got me in front of the tele to watch that utter dog-turd shite. Haven't watched it since I was a kid ( and back when it was a simple pleasant music programme with no bias, politics, etc so that shows how old I am lols )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
The Swiss guy was a bit of a prick wasn’t he. If he hadn’t been on that satellite dish thing or in that stupid outfit he wouldn’t have won. I thought the song was OK. Even the woke GN/BBC slipping and calling him he shows just how contrived the whole they/them nonsense is

Reactions: 21
Wild horses wouldn't have got me in front of the tele to watch that utter dog-turd shite. Haven't watched it since I was a kid ( and back when it was a simple pleasant music programme with no bias, politics, etc so that shows how old I am lols )
Same here, and I used to love watching the pieces about the various countries, showing the scenery and a bit about each country's culture. And then the excitement of the voting, especially figuring out 'if such and such gets ten points now, or whatever, that's it, they have won.'

Those were the days.

Reactions: 28
Same here, and I used to love watching the pieces about the various countries, showing the scenery and a bit about each country's culture. And then the excitement of the voting, especially figuring out 'if such and such gets ten points now, or whatever, that's it, they have won.'

Those were the days.
Yes.......Best left in the past, now , and nicely remembered from at the time ................. xxx

Reactions: 13
---

And me. Wild horses wouldn't have got me in front of the tele to watch that utter dog-turd shite. Haven't watched it since I was a kid ( and back when it was a simple pleasant musi
I avoided like the plague too, find it incredibly boring to be honest. I wonder if most people even know what all these ridiculous flags even mean. Honestly, if it wasn’t for this thread, I wouldn’t have a clue about any of them, but then again, I don’t think the general public are really that interested in all this GI stuff anyway.
I really hope people get heartily sick of the constant shoving this down our throats.

Reactions: 17
---

And me. Wild horses wouldn't have got me in front of the tele to watch that utter dog-turd shite. Haven't watched it since I was a kid ( and back when it was a simple pleasant music programme with no bias, politics, etc so that shows how old I am lols )
Same here, I don't think I've watched it since Bucks Fizz won and I will purposely avoid it, or any snippets or news articles about it.

Reactions: 10
Yes.......Best left in the past, now , and nicely remembered from at the time ................. xxx
Same as with Dr Who, to be honest. They're flogging a dead horse, trying to transform it into a woke lecture series instead of fun sci-fi. Entertainment industry seems to be obsessed with running with something until noone cares. E.g. talent shows, they've had their day.

Reactions: 26
I love eurovision... So, I loved last night. Croatia was by far the best and Austria was great too.

It makes me feel despondent that Bambie Thug has so much talent but rather than letting that speak for itself, it has to be about gender ideology. It's a song contest, let it be about the music, performance and silliness.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.