Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think when you complain about these things you have to try to keep your head but be clear and unapologetic. Give them an inch and they take a mile. That's something I really struggle to maintain composure.
The punishment will be the same whether you apologise or not, whether you're JK Rowling or Susie in finance who doesn't want to share a bathroom. They don't care about your credentials, politeness or apologies. They want to gaslight you and make you feel that you are the problem. Validate or pay the price.

Reactions: 21
Crikey, she's ill, and on something.
What she isn't is a man.
Replying to myself, just read that she's non binary so obviously not a man, or a woman.
Just floating around in the sexless world, being a twit.
How embarrassed will she be in ten years?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Replying to myself, just read that she's non binary so obviously not a man, or a woman.
Just floating around in the sexless world, being a twit.
How embarrassed will she be in ten years?
Is it Ellen Page? I thought she was claiming to be a man, is she now non binary? So she went through a mastectomy and her sculpting abs for nothing...

Reactions: 11
This bill is very sly, because it links sexuality with gender identity. So people will want to prevent conversion therapy for gay people and so it could become illegal to counsel people struggling with their gender identity. Those are 2 very different things, and stopping people from helping someone who feels born in the wrong body seems wrong to me

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I remember when I was about 5 I told a doctors receptionist that I was going to have 100 babies. I was quite put out when she laughed 😅 I'm not an idiot but clearly had no understanding about biology at 5 years old & yet kids today know there is the wrong body at that age. When did kids become medical experts who can diagnose their own disorders?
My daughter at about the same age was going to have twelve babies - all of them girls. No way were any stinky boys going to be in her little family of angels.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
In a book magazine I picked up at a bookshop. New book coming out next week. There was also a double page spread for that ‘Grandad’s Pride’ book that we’ve seen on this thread before. Interview with the illustrator.

The Rainbow Parade for ages 4+

IMG_7357.jpeg

From Amazon:
IMG_7358.jpeg
IMG_7359.jpeg
IMG_7360.jpeg
IMG_7361.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
What other children’s book from first time authors would get such glowing recommendations from some very famous people? It’s actually sinister.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What other children’s book from first time authors would get such glowing recommendations from some very famous people? It’s actually sinister.
I don’t know how book blurbs work. Are they being paid? I can’t imagine some of those names doing favours for publishers.
Have they even read the book and know what they are endorsing?

I largely scroll past author/celeb blurbs as I tend to think they are all just patting each other on the back and doesn’t tell me anything useful. But seeing who is endorsing this children’s propaganda hits different. You are right it’s sinister.

Reactions: 10
‘What it means to truly love yourself’

But in order to do that you need to change your name/pronouns/body parts

???

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Spark Company do some nice feminist bits but find it hard to buy from them now.
I like some of their t-shirts but I can't give them my money.

Re: book blurbs - my understanding is, a lot of the time these celebs haven't read the books and will just be asked to give a comment via their publicist so I wouldn't pay any heed to their endorsements.

Reactions: 14
Another enabled bleep. I'm surprised there aren't a load of cunts surrounding them, clapping.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.