Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And they get another week…. Urgh!
I mean I'm supposedly represented in that "rich history" as an intersex person and I just see your urgh and raise you a double urgh!

What's the point? Most of it is inventing identities for deceased individuals and conflating modern identities with historic practices like cross dressing or gender non-conforming behaviour. We don't know that if woman who wore male clothes wasn't avoiding rape, escaping marriage, undertaking a career closed to her as a woman but these numpties will assume she was trans or NB. I'm so sick and tired of historians writing crap about women like Joan of Arc or Elizabeth I and saying they were probably intersex. No!

Most intersex people's experience of our "rich history" was facing persecution or murder for being "unnatural" and as we're born with mixed characteristics and are not choosing to play with concepts of sex and gender roles, we have duck all to do with trans identified people and just suffered by pure chance of birth. I would have escaped attention since my intersex variation is not observable but I don't want to celebrate the history of my community since it mainly involves visibly intersex people being murdered in infancy, childhood and adolescence - woo hoo! Let's fly some bleeping flags to celebrate terrified kids being killed.

Apologies for the rant. I'm just so sick of intersex people being manipulated and dragged into pure bullshit that has nothing to do with the vast majority of us, who just want to quietly live life as the sex we were assigned at birth and not run around waving an ugly flag and trying to get attention.
---
Just had a flyer through my door from the local Labour candidate. Just emailed her to ask if she knows what a woman is…..
Which is the same question I plan on asking any of the candidates.
Have you ever had a response? One green council candidate sent me a reply saying he doesn't engage in transphobic discussions and believes "a woman is a human who says she's a woman." Nobody else has ever answered me, although the Labour PPC did say she'd love to discuss it and when I said I'm at home 24/7 so let me know when, I never heard back.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I don't trust him an inch either but being Labour leader now can't be an easy job in fairness because they have to appease so many people with different viewpoints. Side with Israel and you've alienated the Muslim vote (and vice versa). Side with women and the TRAs will be after you. Side with the needs of the metropolitan elite against Brexit etc and the working classes feel alienated. They try to be all inclusive but its not working. The party has too many factions.

I had an argument with a friend who has been a long standing member of the Labour Party at the weekend. He thought my stance on the trans issue was totally outrageous because you know 'trans women are women' if they say so. He's totally bought into the shite they spout about women being bigoted against them and sees it like the old gay rights issue. Gimme strength 💪
I think that's why he isn't seen as authentic, as he's trying to appease everyone. Just say you support the two state solution and an immediate ceasefire. Of course it's not simple but it's ultimately people killing each other over land and, as long as one side thinks they are righteous, then there'll never be peace. Same with Brexit, just say well, we're here now, lets give it 5 years and, if it's not working for us then I propose we re-join. If you burst the bubble of a lot of these arguments they cease to be so huge don't they? men are men and women are women and that doesn't mean you aren't sympathetic to people who feel confused but that means you'll increase mental health funding so people can access support easily. Honestly, just put me in charge.... the place would be a shambles :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't trust him an inch either but being Labour leader now can't be an easy job in fairness because they have to appease so many people with different viewpoints. Side with Israel and you've alienated the Muslim vote (and vice versa). Side with women and the TRAs will be after you. Side with the needs of the metropolitan elite against Brexit etc and the working classes feel alienated. They try to be all inclusive but its not working. The party has too many factions.

I had an argument with a friend who has been a long standing member of the Labour Party at the weekend. He thought my stance on the trans issue was totally outrageous because you know 'trans women are women' if they say so. He's totally bought into the shite they spout about women being bigoted against them and sees it like the old gay rights issue. Gimme strength 💪
Not wishing to be crude or rude, but if TWAW would your friend have sex with one then? Assuming he is interested in women that is. But you know, if they really are women it wouldn't be an issue for him would it? Or for any other man who shares that opinion. And if they wouldn't have sex with one well they're transphobic bigots.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Not wishing to be crude or rude, but if TWAW would your friend have sex with one then? Assuming he is interested in women that is. But you know, if they really are women it wouldn't be an issue for him would it? Or for any other man who shares that opinion. And if they wouldn't have sex with one well they're transphobic bigots.
My friend (or rather my husband's friend) has been married to a woman for donkeys years. As far as I know he's always been straight and not looking outside his marriage for anything else 😁
To be honest although he's a decent enough guy generally speaking he's a typical member of the metropolitan elite. You know - wealthy, good job, wife earns a huge salary as well and is always virtue signalling about how awful the tories are and how vile Brexit is etc. He always tows the Labour party line.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
I asked my horrible ex bf that question, would he have sex with a TW since according to him they are women.
He said no, but that's not a gotcha as it's a preference, the same as not sleeping with obese women or nazis.
I so wish I was making this up.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Not sure if this has already been posted.
---
I asked my horrible ex bf that question, would he have sex with a TW since according to him they are women.
He said no, but that's not a gotcha as it's a preference, the same as not sleeping with obese women or nazis.
I so wish I was making this up.
Yet if lesbians don't want to have sex with a man they're transphobic, and correct me if I'm wrong a lesbians "preference" is a woman. So in my opinion trans are bloody hypocrites.
Sorry I've not articulated that very well but you get my meaning I think.

Reactions: 25
hope ireland goes out in the semi :poop:

View attachment 2921252
I wish we had been knocked out too. I think that outfit could win them her loads of votes. I saw her on tv during the week moaning about all the criticism the acts are getting for not boycotting Eurovision and how she's representing the queer community blah blah blah. So boring. I really hope we won't win but the bookies seem to think we're in with a decent chance.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I wish we had been knocked out too. I think that outfit could win them her loads of votes. I saw her on tv during the week moaning about all the criticism the acts are getting for not boycotting Eurovision and how she's representing the queer community blah blah blah. So boring. I really hope we won't win but the bookies seem to think we're in with a decent chance.
She's dreadful, and obviously weird.
I'm not a fan of Olly Alexander either.
---
Not sure if this has already been posted.
---

Yet if lesbians don't want to have sex with a man they're transphobic, and correct me if I'm wrong a lesbians "preference" is a woman. So in my opinion trans are bloody hypocrites.
Sorry I've not articulated that very well but you get my meaning I think.
Going by their logic, I'd be homophobic for not being attracted to lesbians.
It's insane.

Reactions: 20
Todays piss off with your gender woo:

1. An ad on Facebook (no one wants to see your crotch you revolting perv)

FD81DABA-F24E-40E4-8090-1CF8FE3F5A11.jpeg

2. Adding a new contact on my phone (for the first time in ages)

E3A1E2BC-DCCF-4CFF-8105-78299428082C.jpeg

I just want to stomp around shouting FUCKOFFFUCKOFFFUCKOFF

🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
She does not look well. What has she done?
I sway between having zero sympathy for her choices and feeling sadness at wondering what on earth happened to this woman in her life to make her do this to herself 😔

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.