Gender Discussion #64

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm wondering if 'where appropriate' gives them the out to put transmen onto male wards when requested? Women who've been on testosterone for a long time, e.g. Stephen Whittle below, might feel their presence on a female ward would cause alarm.

View attachment 2909337
Who is that, I've never heard of this person? A trans rights activist? Off to Google...
Edited to add I have googled and oh my god what have I just read...it just boggles the mind. This woman who thinks she's a man is now legally the "father" of four children who were conceived by artificial insemination...what a messed up world we are living in.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Who is that, I've never heard of this person? A trans rights activist? Off to Google...
Edited to add I have googled and oh my god what have I just read...it just boggles the mind. This woman who thinks she's a man is now legally the "father" of four children who were conceived by artificial insemination...what a messed up world we are living in.
Whittle is a particularly rapid TRA. There is a very interesting article here covering her whole history and involvement in the trans movement.

Reactions: 12
I just spent some time filling it in, but the phrasing of this concerned me a bit:
View attachment 2909164
What does ‘where appropriate’ mean in this context and how might that be interpreted by NHS decision-makers? I raised this in the additional comments section, but theoretically, could it be argued by TRA-influenced staff that it is ‘appropriate’ for a man who says he is a woman’s to be placed on a female ward?
Children’s wards are not single sex.

Reactions: 5
I've just completed the NHS constitution consultation & at the end you're asked for other input so I said 'get rid of the f*cking flags for the f*cking perverts' and put the money to better use. A simple sign saying 'all are welcome', should suffice - I saw that sign on a business the other day & I thought is everyone really welcome? Does that include rapists & murders? But of course in the NHS literally everyone is entitled to healthcare so surely such a sign should suffice.

OK, so my language was a bit more polite & I don't have a issue with the rainbow flag just the new rainbow throw up one.
I mentioned the flags too on my submission!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I mentioned the flags too on my submission!
So did I! If we all did that independently, let’s hope a whole load of people have raised that point in the survey. I can’t believe its come to this really, where NHS buildings, which should be the epitome of neutrality, are conveying solidarity to a particular ideology, especially one that seeks to dismiss the importance of biology. Mad!

Reactions: 15
So did I! If we all did that independently, let’s hope a whole load of people have raised that point in the survey. I can’t believe its come to this really, where NHS buildings, which should be the epitome of neutrality, are conveying solidarity to a particular ideology, especially one that seeks to dismiss the importance of biology. Mad!
I had to balance my answers that is adding extra feedback on non gender related questions (so that I wasn't written off as a tErfy lOoN with only 1 agenda)

Re flags I roughly said about everyone as patients/carers should be inclusive and we don't need to know be inclusive or aware of selective sex lives (eg poly/bi/no sex life/feckin crazy) Stoke hospital...

Reactions: 15
I also mentioned flags/pins/lanyards/posters - I said that support for any sexuality, ideology or beliefs should not be on display within the NHS - they aren't there to admonish or champion those things.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Is it necessary to read the actual document like they request, or are the questions so straightforward that we can answer without having read it?

Reactions: 2
I also mentioned flags/pins/lanyards/posters - I said that support for any sexuality, ideology or beliefs should not be on display within the NHS - they aren't there to admonish or champion those things.
Much more succinctly put than mine.

I get read rage going to the library and the lanyards and pronoun badges of the staff/volunteers.
Once upon a time an old lady/young mum worked at libraries (wouldn't have minded a job there myself).
Nowadays it's run by the handmaidens, faded blue/green quirky hair, and long haired freaks who insists on wearing covid masks inside and outdoors)
---
Is it necessary to read the actual document like they request, or are the questions so straightforward that we can answer without having read it?
Don't need to read the document, just need to go through all the questions but I'd say it pretty straightforward, and didn't take too long to complete

Reactions: 9
They contextualise every question by giving the relevant info so no need to have read the whole document beforehand.

Reactions: 6
Where can we complete this NHS consultation please?
Here you go!

---
I unfollowed a dr on Instagram (theogbynmum) as she was promoting lactation simulation for if you hadn’t given birth. True, she wasn’t aiming at men, but at mums who had adopted or lesbians whose partner had given birth.
The newborn stage is hard enough without adding a stressful “fake feed” into the mix. It was to “promote connection”- bullshit - it was the make the non biological mother feel like the bio mum. Absolutely no benefit to the baby in my opinion.
Save the money and effort to help actual mums breastfeed if they want.
Can I ask why you object to women inducing lactation, such as those who have children through adoption or the non birthing mother? It’s largely done through stimulation, taking the pill and then stopping, and sometimes a drug like domperidone (which mums may also be prescribed after birth to help with milk supply, as it’s a known galactogogue meaning it aids milk production). Once this initial stimulation/medication has been done, these women can produce the same amount of milk as if they’d given birth and fully feed an infant if the demand continues (ie regular feeding or pumping). I’m struggling to see the issue? A friend of mine in a same sex relationship as her wife had insufficient glandular tissue, meaning she would have struggled to make enough milk and supplementation was likely. This way the baby was able to avoid formula (which was important to them). Honestly as someone who struggled with feeding, if I was in a same sex relationship I’d have loved the idea of sharing the breastfeeding!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Here you go!

---

Can I ask why you object to women inducing lactation, such as those who have children through adoption or the non birthing mother? It’s largely done through stimulation, taking the pill and then stopping, and sometimes a drug like domperidone (which mums may also be prescribed after birth to help with milk supply, as it’s a known galactogogue meaning it aids milk production). Once this initial stimulation/medication has been done, these women can produce the same amount of milk as if they’d given birth and fully feed an infant if the demand continues (ie regular feeding or pumping). I’m struggling to see the issue? A friend of mine in a same sex relationship as her wife had insufficient glandular tissue, meaning she would have struggled to make enough milk and supplementation was likely. This way the baby was able to avoid formula (which was important to them). Honestly as someone who struggled with feeding, if I was in a same sex relationship I’d have loved the idea of sharing the breastfeeding!
I really struggled with breastfeeding my first and received little to no help at all. Waiting lists were so long that I had to start formula feeding as my baby was starving. There was no way back after that. However the formula feeing was totally fine once I had gotten over my feeling of failure as a mum. I had already had IVF so I felt that this was another failure to add to the list.
I was able to successfully breast feed my second child as I had much more support.
Looking at them now, there is literally no difference between them and I wouldn’t say the breast fed child had any advantages.
My point is why are we not supporting bio mums to feed their own babies before making it possible for a non bio mum? Or anyone else for that matter!
I feel the exact same bond with my bottle fed child as with breast fed one, so I feel it’s more ✨affirmation✨for the non bio mum than any potential “bonding” or benefit to the baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Whittle is a particularly rapid TRA. There is a very interesting article here covering her whole history and involvement in the trans movement.
Looks like the Katherine Tate character. The elderly gay man 'gay dear, who me dear, no dear'

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The Party of Women candidate in Lincoln had her garden vandalised last night :mad:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
This is Iris, Iris thinks we'd need to see a birth certificate otherwise we wouldn't know what sex Iris is

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Waiting for a flight at Heathrow. Glad i brought along my adult human female and terf stickers. Apologies to the staff who will get the job of trying to remove them, but it had to be done. ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.