Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

panda_eyes

VIP Member
It took me a while to twig on that there were more than one Dull Women's Clubs on Facebook as I never saw any of the men pretending to be women introducing themselves. Thankfully I had joined the other one where introducing yourself like that is just not a thing - and bloody right too.

Reactions: 12

Le Cochon Roux

Rod Liddle is in the Spectator saying that the Cass Report won't change anything because there's too many snouts in the trough. He argues that the Sewell Report into racism, which says that it exists but it's nowhere near as prevalent as alleged and the, was soundly rejected despite being well evidenced because once again too many snouts in the trough.

Incidentally I do note that a lot of these anti racism campaigners seem to be uncritically importing American talking points on same which don't really apply here. I think a lot of TRA talking points emerge from the same septic tank that is American academia.

JAR21

VIP Member
I remember a while ago there being some talk along with the lines of formalising attacks on women as terror attacks. I can’t recall where this originated now, if it was an MP or campaigner.

It’s come to mind when thinking about the recent Sydney knife attacks.

The Westfield attack police quickly ruled out terrorism but said it was too early to tell if he specifically targeted women. I know they have now said they believe he was, but took two days to say this? We know 5 women died (and a male security guard) and a baby girl seriously injured. I don’t think it’s been reported how many of the injured but survived were female.

Then yesterday’s knife attack at a church was very quickly announced as a terror incident. Fortunately no life threatening injuries and I don’t want to undermine the nature of the attack.

How can they quickly rule in or out terrorism but take two days to admit the 40 year old man was targeting women? I can’t quite articulate what I’m trying to say but it feels like acts of terrorism are taken more seriously and defined more quickly?
I think the bloke shouted allahu akbar, which is why they determine it was terror related. I don't suppose blokes who target females have one stock phrase, which makes it more subjective?
---
Is her daughter actually her son? I seem to remember their kids when younger and they were both boys and I'm sure this "girl" looks like "she" has an Adams apple...https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13312931/Naomi-Watts-child-Kai-identical-Dior-fashion-show.html
Yes, he's a boy.

Last edited:

Shackmaheid

I particularly like the response that I think I will use for those who bleat on about being oppressed

1713970217667.png

• Wow
I have a chronic illness and spent years in and out of hospital, it's behaving for now but there's no cure, so I'll be back in that situation again, and I absolutely will want to refuse any care from Transwomen, and intimate care from men.
I say want to as it's a lung problem and when you can't breathe it's bloody hard to fight your corner.
Do you have anyone that could advocate for you? You could also consider looking into an advance directive. It’s usually used in a different context and isn’t legally binding (unlike advance decision) but it would mean your preference is written down so staff will be aware. I’m sorry you have such worries to face and wish you good health for as long as possible.

GlitterFluff

The trans character in Baby Reinder is because the writer/main character joined a trans dating site as he was conflicted about his sexuality (due to various issues I won’t mention as they’re potential spoilers). There’s a clear dissonance between him wanting to see Terri as a woman but also being very uncomfortable being ‘public’ with the relationship, which elucidates part of his backstory.

I’m as GC as they come, but that aspect didn’t feel agenda-driven or bandwagon-y. It was a well-written plot line.
It's based on a true story so I do agree this one gets a hall pass...

But back to TERFdom!
---
I’ve just seen a sponsored ad on Facebook from Superdrug for HRT. It’s clearly aimed at peri and meno women. There has been some discussion about how it should be more easily available on the NHS, some about dangers (many stating out of date studies) but also a massive section about it being purely gender affirming care, even for cis women as apparently we’re traumatised by getting more facial hair, changing body shape, loss of our child bearing years etc and there that’s why women take HRT, to make us feel more feminine. Nothing to do with all the debilitating symptoms that many women suffer, it’s just to make us feel more womanly. Lots of women have disagreed with the TIMs but are being talked down as apparently we don’t know what we’re taking about.
Ugh - ANYTHING to twist the narrative

• Heart
I have to say, finding out how many of my favourite authors are terfs has been very cheering, and has also led me to some new authors. Would recommend Amanda Craig, Lissa Evans and Philip Hensher to anyone looking for good reads.
For children's books, add James Mayhew - he is a new born TERF.

Remove from your/children's bookshelves: Dapo Adeola, Clara Vulliamy, Harry Woodgate (Grandad's Camper author and illustrator), Joanne Harris, and Philip Pullman who are all very vocal supporters of TRAs.

Notworthy

VIP Member
Yesterday a clip about a TiM in the 70's popped up on my Facebook. Can't remember what the show was called but it videoed them going and starring into the window of a lingerie shop while saying how badly they wanted to be able to wear silk knickers etc. I looked through the comments and not a single person picked up on it whereas it was an immediate 'yuck' from me

• Sick

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Its illegal to have no single sex toilets
There's only gender neutral cubicles where I work. They have a washbasin and hand dryer in each. I don't like them at all because the toilet has no windows so if someone goes in there and does a 💩 the smell wafting around is pretty awful 🤮

The only reason these toilets are just about bearable is because very few people are going into the office on a day to day basis.

• Sad

Vanelope

VIP Member
Kirsty does not sound especially comfortable there - as though has just occurred to her that she is participating in his fetish.

a lot of modern art is provocative and in knowing bad taste - Marina Abramovich or the Chapman brothers - but I also always thought Perry was a common garden perv.