Gender Discussion #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually don’t mind the Avon thing. It doesn’t look like it’s a man pretending to be a woman just a man wearing makeup and being gender non conforming?
Agree that men wearing make up and enjoying skincare is not a problem.

The problem is men seemingly being chosen over and over by brands to promote their products. Women are losing work because the brands want to score “inclusivity” points.

FWIW I'm still in the camp of being fine with people transitioning as grown adults who have gone through the appropriate mental health screening and appropriate healthcare, but I do not support the erosion of women. I must say the conundrum as described above has always baffled me.
From my POV at least, the two can’t co-exist. Being OK with adult transition means women have to be OK with losing our single sex spaces and our language.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Apologies if this has already been posted. I just happened to see it today and found it interesting:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree that men wearing make up and enjoying skincare is not a problem.

The problem is men seemingly being chosen over and over by brands to promote their products. Women are losing work because the brands want to score “inclusivity” points.
Yep if they want to broaden their target customer base and use a man to promote their make up products to a male market then I’ve no issue with that.

Facebook ads are targeted aren’t they? I wonder (but can easily guess) how many male Facebook profiles were targeted by the ad of a man wearing lipstick in proportion to women.

Reactions: 5
I actually don’t mind the Avon thing. It doesn’t look like it’s a man pretending to be a woman just a man wearing makeup and being gender non conforming?
I don’t mind men in makeup. Some of my favourite bands have men in makeup.
It’s just a bit odd putting it in an Avon catalogue that is mainly aimed at women.

Reactions: 14
My husband saw this tweet and said 'What does cis mean again?' I replied 'The gender you were born in.'

He said 'So is she confirming she's a man?'

View attachment 2835663
Can the counter terrorism group or whatever he called them knock his WiFi off? Come on guys you’re meant to be protecting him and he’s very clearly showing he’s round the bloody bend.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Apparently he is a make up artist and often posts himself trying on the products. It did make me chuckle though as one of the comments said he looked like Dale Winton and once I saw the pic of Dale I couldn't unsee him lol.
---
See Freddy McConnell. “The seahorse”.

So triggered by anything female (despite going through pregnancy and birth) has gone through the legal system to try and change the birth certificate so ‘he’ doesn’t have to have ‘his’ name under Mother. But funny now Freddy was able to endure 9 months of the very thing only the female body was designed to do. It’s ok to be female when it suits themselves and they gain something from it.

Freddy is more concerned for ‘him’self than for his own child. The birth certificate is for the child, not Freddy. And the child deserves to know who birthed them (I don’t know if the child is male or female.)

Thank God Freddy failed every appeal and has nowhere else to go with it.
I remember reading about Freddy and being so glad that she lost at every possible opportunity. She is a mother because only women can become pregnant and give birth. Total bloody hypocrite, god help the child.

Talking of make up, I saw a sticker on a branch of Boots yesterday for MAC cosmetics with that bloody progress flag. Never used them myself and definitely won’t now. I detest that bloody flag.

Talking of make up, I saw a sticker on a branch of Boots yesterday for MAC cosmetics with that bloody progress flag. Never used them myself and definitely won’t now. I detest that bloody flag.
Oh my god they're everywhere, it pisses me off but also makes me cackle when they're up in totally irrelevant places. I saw one in the window when I took my car to the garage, as if the they/thems can't tow their broken down car to a garage without a flag cause of the literal violence. And another at a fishmongers in the market. I thought fish were such TERFs before I saw the flag next to their dead eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh my god they're everywhere, it pisses me off but also makes me cackle when they're up in totally irrelevant places. I saw one in the window when I took my car to the garage, as if the they/thems can't tow their broken down car to a garage without a flag cause of the literal violence. And another at a fishmongers in the market. I thought fish were such TERFs before I saw the flag next to their dead eyes.
This this this. It's actually quite infantile to expect your local fishmonger to have a trans flag or Progress flag in their shop window, or like you say, a car garage. It's really not necessary.

Reactions: 17
From my POV at least, the two can’t co-exist. Being OK with adult transition means women have to be OK with losing our single sex spaces and our language.
That's fair enough, I think the two can co-exist (granted there's an uncomfortable amount of trans people who don't want this to be the case). I'm not sure I'll change my stance that their are 'genuine' trans people but I would say those are also the types I gave seen being respectful of women, women's spaces and appreciate they can never be a real woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m wondering how many posts there will be about Humza himself. Did he not say Isla Bryson was “at it”? Sounds transphobic to me.
He also stood up in the Scottish Assembly in 2020 and accused Scotland of being "Too white".

• Wow
Reactions: 9
That would be epic. We need a big event that the press can't avoid reporting on to really bring this out in the open and finish it off
But how do we know they'd accurately report it? So many of us saw the skewed reporting of the Depp v Heard trial. That was what first lead me to really realise how corrupt MSM is.

Reactions: 4
But how do we know they'd accurately report it? So many of us saw the skewed reporting of the Depp v Heard trial. That was what first lead me to really realise how corrupt MSM is.
That's true. Maybe it would prompt people to go googling themselves though. I think a lot of people have read stories that didn't sound right or weren't fully explained or just set off an alarm bell and then went researching and discovered the truth.
For me it was the library protests in Ireland. I kept seeing articles about protesters objecting to LGBT books in libraries and how awful it was that the guards weren't doing anything about it. I couldn't understand why the protesters were so worked up about the books (this was never explained in the articles of course and a woman was stopped from reading one out on the radio one day) so I googled it and that's when I found out what was in the books and how explicit and inappropriate they were. Before that I just thought the protesters were bigots or ultra religious or something. I genuinely thought at the time that the newspapers would report all the relevant information and that if they thought the protesters were wrong then the protesters were wrong. I never thought that they would only report half the story.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
See I would assume religious beliefs are protected under the Equality Act right? But so are Gender Critical opinions, as Maya Forstater's case proved.
That seems to be at odds with the Scottish law.
You're not supposed to be able to use one protected characteristic to discriminate against another under the Equalities Act. So if I have a diabetic member of staff who needs to access snacks at work sitting next to someone observing Ramadan who can do without a Mars Bar in their line of vision all day, I need to manage that creatively as neither person's rights trump the other there. It should follow that if I have an older woman using a service who has requested a woman to provide personal care, then someone's right to be recognised for gender reassignment as a transgender woman does not overrule the woman's protections on the grounds of her sex, so you'd allocate another worker. A worker insisting they are the only person who should give a specific service user personal care would be a boundaries issue and a bit of a red flag.

Obviously this only works in an uncaptured workplace.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Witnessed a real life example of the madness today doing diversity training where they were talking about Mother's and 'Birthing people'. Doctor pipes up and says:

'sorry for sounding ignorant but aren't birthing people, Mothers'?

'well no, some pregnant women might be transitioning to men and feel uncomfortable with a female description'.

'OK, fair enough, but and again sorry if I'm sounding ignorant but if you identify as a male and your dysphoria is so strong you need to transition to being male, why would you want to be pregnant because that would surely make the dysphoria worse and you wouldn't want to do anything that is to do with your gender at birth?

'.......' and changes the topic.
This is the thing that pushed me over the edge with this stuff. It’s the ‘non binary/queer’ (aka actually in hetero relationships) women and their #bekind supporters who have taken this and run with it. And it’s clearly such NONSENSE but it’s in a lot of mainstream birthing/breastfeeding stuff now 🙄
I honestly can’t understand these women at all

• Heart
Reactions: 17
What is really concerning about the Scottish Hate Crime & Public Order bill is that is seems inextricably linked with SNP government policy. So the Tory MSP above has had a ‘hate incident’ recorded for expressing disagreement with an aspect of SNP policy. It basically gives carte blanche for the police to file a hate crime incident against anyone who doesn’t agree with the SNP’s embracing of gender ideology. The police are literally being used as tools of oppression by the state, and as the Spectator video a couple of posts up says, anyone can report a perceived hate crime anonymously, so a climate of distrust about what you can say and who you can express your views to is being fostered. Reminds me of Eastern Europe prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall.
I went to the DDR museum and the similarity is chilling. Policing people’s views expressed in their own own homes. Encouraging children to report parents. What next - bugging houses?
Whilst TRAs continue to threaten to punch and shoot etc “TERFS”

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.