Gender Discussion #61

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RACING over to the Jack monroe thread!!!!!

eta: or is this not recent?

eta2: it’s from 7 years ago! Oh god I got so excited thinking Jack had reinvented herself again 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I do wish these blokes in frocks would get off the issue of rape. First of all if I were raped (by anyone) I would not wish to be to told that it's "very rare". How dare these people trivialise others' trauma? Secondly, it's not rape that I'm particularly concerned about when we talk about protecting women's spaces. I don't want to share a changing room, a refuge - whatever - with anyone sporting a penis.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I do wish these blokes in frocks would get off the issue of rape. First of all if I were raped (by anyone) I would not wish to be to told that it's "very rare". How dare these people trivialise others' trauma? Secondly, it's not rape that I'm particularly concerned about when we talk about protecting women's spaces. I don't want to share a changing room, a refuge - whatever - with anyone sporting a penis.
I'm sick of the argument that most trans women are harmless and they'll be attacked by men if we don't let them in. We are not human shields to protect men against other men.
As you say if just one woman gets attacked or raped that's one too many!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
So lesbians are just trans men.
Gender non conforming women are trans men.
Women/girls with body dysmorphia/eating disorders/any mental health issues/any kind of vulnerabilities are trans men.
Don’t like the way you’re treated in society as a woman? Must be a trans man.
And now calling out the bullshit makes you probably a trans man? 🤦‍♀️

It’s interesting that the ones who shout the loudest about being yourself and diversity are the ones bringing everything back to one thing.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.