Gender Discussion #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok this one has me confused! A man who knows he’s a man in a swimsuit is meant to be empowering the minority of women with different anatomy… this doesn’t even make any sense!!
Where’s the swivel-eyed emoji when you need it?! I mean Jake would probably look good in anything, but I can’t see who they’re targeting with a male model. Maybe other men? It’s basically just saying their swimsuit is unisex, but seeing a man modelling that won’t increase its appeal to women.

Reactions: 19
I don’t go on Twitter very often but had a look last night to see what was happening with the Edinburgh rape crisis trial. It seems like it’s opening people’s eyes finally. While we were outraged about it 2 or 3 years ago and it felt like no one cared. Now we are seeing the effect of giving a man in a dress a position of power over vulnerable women. But let’s not forget, he said on the guilty feminist podcast that unbelievably misogynistic shite that bigots get r*ped too and that victims should reframe their trauma. And the women on the panel did not challenge him, in fact they appeared to agree with him! So cruel and heartless for victims of r*pe to be gaslit like this - putting a man’s feelings first. It’s just despicable and I hope it is covered in mainstream media and on the likes of women’s hour. Light needs to be shone on the actual issue of men pretending to be women wanting access to women’s spaces not just in a hypothetical scenario, but a real life case like this one.
I used to love the Guilty Feminist podcast, but it began to descend into TWAW and I stopped listening.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Is this all thanks to Nicola Sturgeon?

I live in London and I haven’t spotted any recently at all round my way.
I used to live in London, now I live in the suburbs. London is a strange place in so many ways, So different to when I was younger!
It is so multicultural now, and full of tourists, that it feels as if it has no single or identifiable characteristics! Apart from maybe homeless people on the streets!

As a child who grew up with council housing, so almost everyone had a home to go to, its so jarring, and desperately sad, to see quite so many homeless people on the streets.

Ive seen quite a few oddities out and about in Norwich though

• Heart
Reactions: 18
London has always been multicultural though - and on the whole that’s great. I do get concerned about how large immigrant populations can vote in corrupt candidates - see local gov in tower hamlets for example. Lutfur Rahman is STILL doing his tit.

Reactions: 9
I went to Glasgow Uni managed to avoid the Kelvinbridge accent though 😂

Hoping my son decides not to go to Glasgow, it was wanker heavy in my day never mind now
My child is there!
Tbf she is a bit of a head <slightly joking>

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I thought it was an excellent article and should be widely publicised. As he said in the article, this is his lived experience so why should he be cancelled for it. Good for him for speaking out.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Found on the Saccone Joly thread (they have a son they push as trans, he's only 9.)
bleeping unbelievable, this woman needs a head check.
View attachment 2706066
This is awful. A biological boy being forced to be a girl, and then the parents wanting to stop him from reverting to boyish behavior and worrying he is a Tom boy. Absolute abuse, and even if it was a biological girl, let children be and stop forcing this awful ideology on them. Child abuse, no other description for it.
Where’s the swivel-eyed emoji when you need it?! I mean Jake would probably look good in anything, but I can’t see who they’re targeting with a male model. Maybe other men? It’s basically just saying their swimsuit is unisex, but seeing a man modelling that won’t increase its appeal to women.
When brands use men to model female clothing, I dismiss it as being unfit for purpose. I’m build nothing like a man, and if it fits a man, it’s hopeless for me. It’s like when Nike used that loathsome Mulvaney to model sportswear. Sorry, but if it fits a skinny man like him, I doubt it’s going to be a whole lot of use for the intended target. Women.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Fully agree. It is child abuse and, given that the parents are 'influencers', it adds a whole extra layer of fucked upness as they are exploiting their children and particularly their 'trans' child for views. I think they did a video taking said child to the Drs to discuss hormones/surgery etc. There's trying to be 'woke' because you feel like it's the right thing and is being kind (hello, past mistaken me) but a whole other kettle of fish pretending to be woke to get views and drive engagement. I feel for the poor child.
Not only exploiting their kids for views but discussing their medical issues online is bloody disgusting. As bad as other "influencers" that post their kids naked in the bath.

Reactions: 21
I thought it was an excellent article and should be widely publicised. As he said in the article, this is his lived experience so why should he be cancelled for it. Good for him for speaking out.
Yes, agreed. Plus more people will listen to him as he's a man.

Reactions: 17
I used to live in London, now I live in the suburbs. London is a strange place in so many ways, So different to when I was younger!
It is so multicultural now, and full of tourists, that it feels as if it has no single or identifiable characteristics! Apart from maybe homeless people on the streets!

As a child who grew up with council housing, so almost everyone had a home to go to, its so jarring, and desperately sad, to see quite so many homeless people on the streets.

Ive seen quite a few oddities out and about in Norwich though
Yes the homeless problem is terrible in London now and the local councils don't have anything to offer everyone so they stuff everyone into a hotel. Personally I think that it would be better to send a lot of people up north because there'll never be enough homes for all who want to live in London.

Perhaps the fact that London is very multicultural is why you don't see so many cross dressers around 🤔 Immigrants have some real problems to deal with and the majority of AGPs seem to be white people.

Reactions: 11
Been reading a lot of posts on perimenopause and came across one woman who describes herself as non binary and is going through peri and absolutely cannot say the word woman or female for the life of her. ‘For those of us AFAB’ and ‘Us womb Havers’ - yep womb havers. She’s so nearly there. Wo-man. Let’s try again…wo-man. When called out in the comments she said yes I could say it but I don’t want to BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST WOMEN WHO GO THROUGH PERI.

Internalised misogyny is absolutely hard wired into these women. It’s got to be a mental illness. It’s just so depressing I honestly despair.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Been reading a lot of posts on perimenopause and came across one woman who describes herself as non binary and is going through peri and absolutely cannot say the word woman or female for the life of her. ‘For those of us AFAB’ and ‘Us womb Havers’ - yep womb havers. She’s so nearly there. Wo-man. Let’s try again…wo-man. When called out in the comments she said yes I could say it but I don’t want to BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST WOMEN WHO GO THROUGH PERI.

Internalised misogyny is absolutely hard wired into these women. It’s got to be a mental illness. It’s just so depressing I honestly despair.
I cannot stand all of this AFAB nonsense. No one is “assigned” FFS, it’s clearly obvious whether a baby is male or female. As for all this “womb havers”, ”people who menstruate” and other dehumanising terms. I frankly find them grossly insulting and have no desire to be described by body parts or biological functions. Interesting that prostate cancer posters use the term ”men” while we’re reduced to body parts.
I honestly despair too. I cannot believe what would have been laughable a few years ago is now mainstream thought, and people are vilified for believing biological fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
A mental illness or indoctrination by a cult via social media. 10 years ago, these pseudo words wouldn’t have existed so she would just have to have referred to herself as a woman and been lumped in with the rest of us not seeking special status.

I cannot stand all of this AFAB nonsense. No one is “assigned” FFS, it’s clearly obvious whether a baby is male or female. As for all this “womb havers”, ”people who menstruate” and other dehumanising terms. I frankly find them grossly insulting and have no desire to be described by body parts or biological functions. Interesting that prostate cancer posters use the term ”men” while we’re reduced to body parts.
I honestly despair too. I cannot believe what would have been laughable a few years ago is now mainstream thought, and people are vilified for believing biological fact.
The ‘assigned at birth’ drives me mad as well. It’s ignoring basic biological facts and people who parrot that phrase just sound bloody stupid.

I have 5 day frozen embryos from IVF and the sex is already determined and could (theoretically) be tested to find out!

• Heart
urgh

Next month is lgbtqi+++++ history month at work and on the first day there is an EDI talk by a trans activist as part of our celebration of inclusivity. I guess this means they still want o be recognised by stonewall… rolling boulders are hard to turn but I think backing stonewall is going to lead to a crash for a lot of employers after all these tribunals.

I have declined.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes, agreed. Plus more people will listen to him as he's a man.
From the article:-

"He says he realised two things: 'One, there was no actual way I can know what it feels like to be a woman because I'd never been one, so the idea of me saying 'Oh, I feel like a woman' was absurd.

'And the second thing I came to realise was that I didn't actually need to change my outside because of how I felt on the inside. I just needed to come to terms with it.'"

Those two points from the article are what really struck me and they are very important. No one can say they feel they are born into the wrong body because they have no idea what it feels like to be the opposite sex. I think they pay too much attention to stereotypes and don't take into account that absolutely everyone is different. Women don't always have to like pink, boys can play with dolls...it doesn't mean they are born in the wrong body.
The second point, I believe that there are mental health issues always at play and no matter what the surgery it's not going to fix what's going on upstairs. We are expected to accept trans people as "their authentic self" yet they cannot accept themselves as they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
urgh

Next month is lgbtqi+++++ history month at work and on the first day there is an EDI talk by a trans activist as part of our celebration of inclusivity. I guess this means they still want o be recognised by stonewall… rolling boulders are hard to turn but I think backing stonewall is going to lead to a crash for a lot of employers after all these tribunals.

I have declined.
I'd decline too. I go to work to work not be lectured at.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Yeah she's wrong, it absolutely IS only women that go through menopause. Perhaps if she spent more time based in reality and less time indulging her delusions she would be able to take some tips and advice from all of the other WOMEN going through it as well....bleeping moron.

• Heart
urgh

I have declined.
Same here - great use of public sector time and money (not)
And then they do all this stupid nonsense again for the entirety of June/July for pride. I don’t get why it isn’t all in the one month 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.