Gender Discussion #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The ‘assigned at birth’ drives me mad as well. It’s ignoring basic biological facts and people who parrot that phrase just sound bloody stupid.

I have 5 day frozen embryos from IVF and the sex is already determined and could (theoretically) be tested to find out!
My friend who dropped me for my GC views used AFAB/AMAB.
She has four kids and knew the sex of three of them before birth, because scans.
It just makes her look like a ridiculous liar.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
This is a summary from Mumsnet

ETA - the man at the centre of all this doesn't have a GRC - claims to have been recognised as a woman in India and got his passport changed (I've been to India, money talks)

View attachment 2706997
In one part the female lawyer representing the claimant (apologies if got the terminology wrong) asked the witness:

“How you determine what a female is?”

“Waffle, waffle, identity documents, etc”

Then the lawyer gestured to the male lawyer sitting next to her, who was representing the defence, and said “if Mr X here, said to you, I identify as a woman, and showed you a document indicating “F”, would you consider Mr X to be female?”

“Yes.”

I think it’s available online, some of the answers given were pure House of Cards falling

• Haha
  • Wow
Just reading the mumsnet thread and someone on there knows the woman on the stand and she and the other witness for the ERCC both have NB or Trans children yet again proving Helen Joyce's observations

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I was in the cafe of a garden centre on Saturday, an AGP in a terrible red dress, heels and bare legs walked through and went straight to the toilets.
Didn't stop and have a coffee, nope, straight to the toilet. Probably the whole purpose of his visit. Maybe he did it more than once? He looked very confident.
It was a really cold, blustery day, every woman was wearing a jumper, a woolly scarf, a coat
Meanwhile, I was there with my friend and her parents. If her mum had gone for a wee, I'd have gone with her, to protect her from any AGP interaction.
Jeez, it was unsettling.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
I was in the cafe of a garden centre on Saturday, an AGP in a terrible red dress, heels and bare legs walked through and went straight to the toilets.
Didn't stop and have a coffee, nope, straight to the toilet. Probably the whole purpose of his visit. Maybe he did it more than once? He looked very confident.
It was a really cold, blustery day, every woman was wearing a jumper, a woolly scarf, a coat
Meanwhile, I was there with my friend and her parents. If her mum had gone for a wee, I'd have gone with her, to protect her from any AGP interaction.
Jeez, it was unsettling.
These men are becoming more emboldened. Even up to a couple of years ago, it would be uncommon to see one going about your day to day business. They are enjoying their power and laughing at us, safe in the knowledge that if they are called out they can invoke the misgendering card and have us hauled up for wrong-think.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I really don't like the term gender critical, it's so negative. I prefer gender truth or maybe gender reality.

Reactions: 32
For anyone thinking that Kier Starmers inability to clarify what a woman is is a single issue, read or follow the court proceedings for the ERCC.

Reactions: 13
He seems to have been on virtually every quiz tv going
I bet it’s no coincidence he’s been on a ton of shows. As soon as he applies, the production companies must go “Yes! The channels love representation, we need to get this one on!” You love they love a bit of tokenism.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
I bet it’s no coincidence he’s been on a ton of shows. As soon as he applies, the production companies must go “Yes! The channels love representation, we need to get this one on!” You love they love a bit of tokenism.
I've actually seen this twit in public women's toilets in central Milton Keynes. I've only just realised upon seeing these posts and links. Needless to say when our eyes met in the mirror my face said it all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
‘Hailey’ Davidson, the golfer mentioned upthread, on GMB. Absolute joke to call this man a woman. ’Fears for her safety’ indeed:mad:!

• Angry
  • Haha
L&Y are a funny one to me. I actually have loads of their clothes (their trousers work for me, what can I say), but at one point I stroppily sold half of what I owned because of the overly woke and sensitive moderation on their FB group. This campaign where they aren't really highlighting regular boobs, is a bit of a misfire - but they'll all be clapping themselves on their backs. I try to take out my emotion from it and just buy the pieces I will actually wear.
I bet if a woman pictured themselves showing a breast enhancement they wouldn’t get so applauded. The whole thing doesn’t sit right with me and feels like a bit of a slap in the face to those that had to have a mastectomy for cancer etc.

Reactions: 24
I really don't like the term gender critical, it's so negative. I prefer gender truth or maybe gender reality.
Yeah, it's frustrating that gender critical is described as the 'belief' that sex is a biological fact and is immutable. This isn't a belief - it is an actual fact.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Yeah, it's frustrating that gender critical is described as the 'belief' that sex is a biological fact and is immutable. This isn't a belief - it is an actual fact.
It's handy to have a name for what we are but gender critical isn't that accurate imo. I don't mind it but I'd prefer something that comes more from a believing in science pov rather than a criticising others pov. Biological essentialist or sex realist or something like that but catchier. I like gender atheist too.

Reactions: 19
It's handy to have a name for what we are but gender critical isn't that accurate imo. I don't mind it but I'd prefer something that comes more from a believing in science pov rather than a criticising others pov. Biological essentialist or sex realist or something like that but catchier. I like gender atheist too.
It would be wonderful if we could go back to not needing a name for us as we’re the norm and the rest are just liars.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Same here - great use of public sector time and money (not)
And then they do all this stupid nonsense again for the entirety of June/July for pride. I don’t get why it isn’t all in the one month 🙄
My city won the bid to host a future UK Pride event. I'll be bidding for a two month holiday very far away!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.