Gender Discussion #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here - great use of public sector time and money (not)
And then they do all this stupid nonsense again for the entirety of June/July for pride. I don’t get why it isn’t all in the one month 🙄
Because they want the attention for far longer than one month 🙄

Reactions: 17
I cannot stand all of this AFAB nonsense. No one is “assigned” FFS, it’s clearly obvious whether a baby is male or female. As for all this “womb havers”, ”people who menstruate” and other dehumanising terms. I frankly find them grossly insulting and have no desire to be described by body parts or biological functions. Interesting that prostate cancer posters use the term ”men” while we’re reduced to body parts.
I honestly despair too. I cannot believe what would have been laughable a few years ago is now mainstream thought, and people are vilified for believing biological fact.
Yes, you don't see prostate cancer posters and literature calling on "Bollock owners" or "Penis havers" to check their health, do you? 🙄

I've mentioned here before, our new, shiny I.T system at work, which is completely obsessed with pronouns and gender identity etc etc. Twice in the last month, I've had to call up parents of very young babies, to ask if there was any "ambiguity" with their babies' sex at birth. The system had each baby's "gender identity" noted as different to their "legal sex", and their "sex assigned at birth". Three separate categories to answer one simple question. 🙄I've been in my job for over 15 years and I have seen precisely two babies with their sex recorded incorrectly on the system, both of which were simple human error. Now we have two in a month, but I know these won't be the last. Again, it was just human error, but why are there three separate sex categories anyway? Everyone is either one or the other. There is provision for the rare SD cases (I have seen one of these in my career) to be recorded as ambiguous or "unsure".
What a load of old cobblers....for want of a better term!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
That’s surely child abuse - basically forcing a child to be trans against their will, especially at 9 when pre-pubescent hormones start to kick in.
I see a court case in the future...
---
Because they want the attention for far longer than one month 🙄
"We just want to be left alone and be left in peace"
"We need constant attention and affirmation and everything to be about us"

Make it make sense

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Personally I think that it would be better to send a lot of people up north because there'll never be enough homes for all who want to live in London.
Whereabouts “up north” ?
We have our own problems with homelessness, poverty and immigration. All the hotels round here have been given over to “asylum seekers”. They are full of young men.

Reactions: 14
Yes, you don't see prostate cancer posters and literature calling on "Bollock owners" or "Penis havers" to check their health, do you? 🙄

I've mentioned here before, our new, shiny I.T system at work, which is completely obsessed with pronouns and gender identity etc etc. Twice in the last month, I've had to call up parents of very young babies, to ask if there was any "ambiguity" with their babies' sex at birth. The system had each baby's "gender identity" noted as different to their "legal sex", and their "sex assigned at birth". Three separate categories to answer one simple question. 🙄I've been in my job for over 15 years and I have seen precisely two babies with their sex recorded incorrectly on the system, both of which were simple human error. Now we have two in a month, but I know these won't be the last. Again, it was just human error, but why are there three separate sex categories anyway? Everyone is either one or the other. There is provision for the rare SD cases (I have seen one of these in my career) to be recorded as ambiguous or "unsure".
What a load of old cobblers....for want of a better term!
Maybe we should start calling men bollock owners 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm sure Lucy and Yak are already off most people on here's lists but this campaign seems so backwards... Let's produce a boob print then have someone who has had their breasts voluntarily removed (including nipples) promote them.
View attachment 2706349
Totally believe that anyone who has had a mastectomy deserves to be given respect and care but this seems to make a mockery to me, I'd imagine many women who have the surgery for medical reasons do experience some dysphoria afterwards, and choosing to have reconstruction etc would be emotional and complicated, but to choose to do this and then say your chest "deserves" to be seen is weird!
“Proudly displaying my HUMAN chest…”

Internalised misogyny much?

I'm sure Lucy and Yak are already off most people on here's lists but this campaign seems so backwards... Let's produce a boob print then have someone who has had their breasts voluntarily removed (including nipples) promote them.
View attachment 2706349
Totally believe that anyone who has had a mastectomy deserves to be given respect and care but this seems to make a mockery to me, I'd imagine many women who have the surgery for medical reasons do experience some dysphoria afterwards, and choosing to have reconstruction etc would be emotional and complicated, but to choose to do this and then say your chest "deserves" to be seen is weird!
L&Y are a funny one to me. I actually have loads of their clothes (their trousers work for me, what can I say), but at one point I stroppily sold half of what I owned because of the overly woke and sensitive moderation on their FB group. This campaign where they aren't really highlighting regular boobs, is a bit of a misfire - but they'll all be clapping themselves on their backs. I try to take out my emotion from it and just buy the pieces I will actually wear.

Reactions: 9
Pretty sure this fuckin TIM on jeapordy has a bondage collar on. Still being referred to as “she”
Foul
Being bitchy...............meow.................Im finding Emma's body language, so unfeminine!
looking so delighted when they get an answer wrong, Pulling faces when they get an answer wrong, looking very frustrated at Fiona at the end whenever they are beating them. such an unfeminine hobby of spending hours online on a video gaming service.
And they have a very masculine voice

Reactions: 13
I swear I’ve seen him before - Only Connect and Mastermind I think?
Just what I was thinking. There’s a new game show on Ch 5 called Puzzling presented by Lucy Worsley. I could swear I’ve seen him on that.
---
This is him isn’t it? He seems to do the quiz show rounds :sick:

He seems to have been on virtually every quiz tv going

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
This campaign where they aren't really highlighting regular boobs, is a bit of a misfire - but they'll all be clapping themselves on their backs.
I did see quite a bit of pushback on Instagram about the £1.50 donation per item; on a £70+ pair of dungaree, that's what, 2%? For a company who made over £1.7 million last year yet whose raison d'être is supposed to be super ethical etc, I suspect woke-washing. I also like a lot of their stuff but I don't want to give them any more of my money, I find their social media advertising-come-propaganda absolute cringe.

Did anyone watch any of the Edinburgh tribunal trial today? I saw the afternoon part. Witness embarrassingly tied herself up in knots answering very basic (to everyone else) questions.

Reactions: 11
I cannot stand all of this AFAB nonsense. No one is “assigned” FFS, it’s clearly obvious whether a baby is male or female. As for all this “womb havers”, ”people who menstruate” and other dehumanising terms. I frankly find them grossly insulting and have no desire to be described by body parts or biological functions. Interesting that prostate cancer posters use the term ”men” while we’re reduced to body parts.
I honestly despair too. I cannot believe what would have been laughable a few years ago is now mainstream thought, and people are vilified for believing biological fact.
I'm seeing a consultant at a menopause clinic next week (if it doesnt get cancelled for the 4th time). I am extremely intolerant to all this bullshit ATM, but I expect the medical staff are used to stroppy women, so will be saying my piece if necessary :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Just what I was thinking. There’s a new game show on Ch 5 called Puzzling presented by Lucy Worsley. I could swear I’ve seen him on that.
---

“A woman….” Nope. duck off.

Reactions: 13
---

Oh wow.....this is actually unfair. To have someone who is a professional quizzer on what is meant to be an amateur show! It makes it unbalanced if one contestant is so much more experienced than the rest.

Especially on a format like Jeopardy, where the winner stays on. How many weeks or episodes will we have to put up with Emma?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Did anyone watch any of the Edinburgh tribunal trial today? I saw the afternoon part. Witness embarrassingly tied herself up in knots answering very basic (to everyone else) questions.
This is a summary from Mumsnet

ETA - the man at the centre of all this doesn't have a GRC - claims to have been recognised as a woman in India and got his passport changed (I've been to India, money talks)

1705945433614.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.