Gender Discussion #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a little quick positive from today. I had to complete an online medication review for my GP/prescription. It was ticky box and the page simply asked “what sex are you? M/F”. No “other” “NB” or “prefer not to say” Glad to see some sense still prevails!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
He's is confirming what we all know. That transing is a way to kill your old self and be born aknew with the whole world tripping over themselves to be your ally. No one is allowed to say anything other than something 100% positive to you, otherwise you can have them prosecuted for a hate crime, you will never hear the word "no" again and you will mistakenly think this will give you happiness.

I hope he doesn't get too much abuse for speaking out.
This is something that occurred to me with my ex. I think he sees it as a way of distancing himself from the shame he feels regarding the abuse he suffered, feeling "less of a man" etc as well as the abusive things he's done himself.

Reactions: 12
This is something that occurred to me with my ex. I think he sees it as a way of distancing himself from the shame he feels regarding the abuse he suffered, feeling "less of a man" etc as well as the abusive things he's done himself.
I think the same can be said of the girls who claim non binary status. They are distancing themselves from their female selves because of trauma. It’s pretty obvious. And it’s sad.

Reactions: 21
It would be wonderful if we could go back to not needing a name for us as we’re the norm and the rest are just liars.
That would be the ideal scenario. I think we'll get there but I don't know how long it will take. The momentum is definitely on our side.

Reactions: 13
“Her penis” has got to be the most ridiculous term ever. There is no woman on earth that has a penis FFS. Anyway, isn’t court meant to be about “nothing but the truth” not enabling creepy men. These men just can’t help themselves in retaining male behaviour patterns though. I doubt actual women go around exposing themselves to young girls for kicks. 🤬

Reactions: 33
“Her penis” has got to be the most ridiculous term ever. There is no woman on earth that has a penis FFS. Anyway, isn’t court meant to be about “nothing but the truth” not enabling creepy men. These men just can’t help themselves in retaining male behaviour patterns though. I doubt actual women go around exposing themselves to young girls for kicks. 🤬
Even if they did, they certainly wouldn't be exposing their penis!

Reactions: 18
I know it's down to the equality act but it's mad that we have to defend our right to believing what is 100% factually correct by stating it's a belief. They would never allow the flat Earthers to come along and persuade society to believe them, get the law changed and make everyone so fearful of disagreeing so why are the trans lobby so bloody powerful? whenever you see a straight debate on it the trans supporter falls apart. Utter madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Random observation here. I’m studying French on Duolingo and I’ve reached the “describing society” section.
“All genders are welcome here” says Duo. I’m sorry …. all? This in a language that identifies bloody furniture as either male or female 😡.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Just listening to women’s hour, they are interviewing Jo Phoenix!! I’m mid way through but I’m delighted they have her on!!

• Heart
Is that not contempt of court when you lie? How are they getting away with saying her penis?
(Haven't read the article, just headline).

Reactions: 12
Random observation here. I’m studying French on Duolingo and I’ve reached the “describing society” section.
“All genders are welcome here” says Duo. I’m sorry …. all? This in a language that identifies bloody furniture as either male or female 😡.
It's intriguing to think how languages developed to give masculine/feminine articles to inanimate objects, bed, rug, pen (m); table, chair, door (f), and how do they decide which article to give to new objects or inventions that didn't exist previously?
---

And another one.
What's he going to "play" with after transition? Or will he do the usual (like most of his ilk) and keep his appendage? Sick creep.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Reactions: 22
Sorry for the Fail link, the Telegraph article was paywalled (I don't particularly like that paper, either)

The lede:

Kemi Badenoch is set to intervene after it was revealed Whitehall officials advise firms to collect gender pay gap figures based on how their employees identify.

The Cabinet minister, who is women and equalities minister, is reported to be 'looking very closely' at how to make it clearer the data should refer to biological sex.

All companies with more than 250 staff are required to report gender pay gap data as a means of showing any difference between the average pay of men and women.

German is even worse because it has male, female and neutral. ( But I guess the weirdos would like that ).
Some of the neutral nouns are utterly random - car, museum, bed.
I could never get my head around why a table is male but a bed is neutral.

Reactions: 10
German is even worse because it has male, female and neutral. ( But I guess the weirdos would like that ).
Some of the neutral nouns are utterly random - car, museum, bed.
I could never get my head around why a table is male but a bed is neutral.
Or why a girl is neutral 'das madchen' 😀

Reactions: 8
The Cabinet minister, who is women and equalities minister, is reported to be 'looking very closely' at how to make it clearer the data should refer to biological sex.
I’m convinced there are some male dominated businesses/industries who will be reporting the gender pay gap incorrectly to make themselves look better than they are.

Oh look, we’ve improved our gender pay gap! Look how wonderful we are! When in fact a couple of blokes are now declaring themselves women and their higher pay is skewing the figure.

Reactions: 20
Imagine if those firms reduced mens pay to womens pay for the men who claim to be women 🤣🤣

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.