Gender Discussion #57

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, that JKR cameo in Doctor Who idea sounds like a terrible plot. I can’t imagine she would have gone for that.

Love the way it happened in 2008 and TRAs are still applauding their hero DT for stopping that evil TERF 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Scrolling LinkedIn and came across this. The comments that TRAs make in a professional capacity have blown my mind. How are people so stupid?
Oh it pisses me off so much. A study shows it in fact threatens women and the enablers land in with their opinion that it doesn't and they expect it to be given the same weight.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Just reading around Traitors and how is mostly the women who have been getting 'murdered'. Depressing that even in a game show its the men killing off the women
I would agree with you about this but the women are pretty poor on the show.
Not sure how true this is…
That plot does sound ridiculous but then again most of Dr Who is ridiculous when you try to analyse it.

Reactions: 8
Love the way it happened in 2008 and TRAs are still applauding their hero DT for stopping that evil TERF 😄
Well he was happy to be in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005 so the TRAs can kiss my arse

Editted to form an actual coherent sentence

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I don’t go on Twitter very often but had a look last night to see what was happening with the Edinburgh rape crisis trial. It seems like it’s opening people’s eyes finally. While we were outraged about it 2 or 3 years ago and it felt like no one cared. Now we are seeing the effect of giving a man in a dress a position of power over vulnerable women. But let’s not forget, he said on the guilty feminist podcast that unbelievably misogynistic shite that bigots get r*ped too and that victims should reframe their trauma. And the women on the panel did not challenge him, in fact they appeared to agree with him! So cruel and heartless for victims of r*pe to be gaslit like this - putting a man’s feelings first. It’s just despicable and I hope it is covered in mainstream media and on the likes of women’s hour. Light needs to be shone on the actual issue of men pretending to be women wanting access to women’s spaces not just in a hypothetical scenario, but a real life case like this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
My partner overheard me watching a TRA vs GC argument on TikTok including discussion of an AGP which sparked a conversation about TWAW.

Me: Do you consider this (TiM) to be a woman?
Him: Well, yeah, that's what they want to be right?
Me: Ok but does that still mean they are a woman?
Him: If they've transitioned physically, then they'd look like a woman, so yes I guess?
Me: Ok so if one of these TiMs approached you in a bar, with full physical transition, wigs, make up etc, would you go home with them?
Him: Well, no, because they're a man. I'd be able to tell.
Me: You just said they're a woman though so surely that wouldn't matter?
Him: Well no, cause boobs and a vagina don't just make you a woman.

I walked away smiling. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
The poor wife 😭 my heart absolutely breaks for her watching that.

He looks bleeping AWFUL Jesus Christ
Watching that I suddenly realised that - maybe - what makes this 100 times worse than a regular break-up for the wives of AGPs is the realisation that the person you married is actually quite creepy.

• Heart
  • Sad
To be fair, this seems to be from 2008 - DTs current stance seems to be in support of his son, who probably wasn't born then. He probably had valid artistic reasons.

Didn’t even see that part, i just saw everyone on the post hailing him as some kind of hero for it 🙄

Reactions: 3
Didn’t even see that part, i just saw everyone on the post hailing him as some kind of hero for it 🙄
I can't help thinking David is starting to age out of some roles (I'm not being ageist but the entertainment industry is). I can't help but think he's trying to still keep in with the younger generation and TRA is where it is at and they have enabled their kid to be non binary or whatever. I just see a man desperate to still be seen as cool and get young roles. His wife is also the biggest pick -me ever, as I have said before.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
How do the sex is not binary, it is on a spectrum etc keep a straight face when parroting that shite? Them, me, every other single other person on this planet was created due to the meeting of a male sex cell (sperm ) and a female sex cell (egg). Where is the third sex? Absolute bleeping gaslighting bollocks.

Reactions: 27
My partner overheard me watching a TRA vs GC argument on TikTok including discussion of an AGP which sparked a conversation about TWAW.

Me: Do you consider this (TiM) to be a woman?
Him: Well, yeah, that's what they want to be right?
Me: Ok but does that still mean they are a woman?
Him: If they've transitioned physically, then they'd look like a woman, so yes I guess?
Me: Ok so if one of these TiMs approached you in a bar, with full physical transition, wigs, make up etc, would you go home with them?
Him: Well, no, because they're a man. I'd be able to tell.
Me: You just said they're a woman though so surely that wouldn't matter?
Him: Well no, cause boobs and a vagina don't just make you a woman.

I walked away smiling. ;)
Aye, it's amazing how many men are TRAs on the streets but TERFs in the sheets 🤣
This is exactly how I got my beloved to come round to our way of thinking 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
This, I think:
I love this bit in the article..
Half-baked' idea
Brendan Clarke-Smith, the Conservative MP for Bassetlaw, told The Telegraph: “I think customers are probably more bothered about sausage rolls than they are about gender roles.

“As ideas go, this one is very much half-baked
I regularly visit Greggs in a not-very-pretty part of SE London. The no-nonsense staff in there often have to hide the sarnies and rolls to stop them from being stolen. I'm pretty sure that the "wave of demand" for pronoun badges, wasn't from staff who actually do productive work in this company, the vast majority of whom undoubtedly don't give a shiny tit about pronouns! 🙄

Reactions: 20
How do the sex is not binary, it is on a spectrum etc keep a straight face when parroting that shite? Them, me, every other single other person on this planet was created due to the meeting of a male sex cell (sperm ) and a female sex cell (egg). Where is the third sex? Absolute bleeping gaslighting bollocks.
Julie Burchill has just written a scathing piece on non-binary 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.