Gender Discussion #54

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Melissa Garner, from the CPS, said: “Ali Ay accosted his victims whilst they walked alone late at night in north London.

“He wore women’s clothing to lure his victims and make them initially feel at ease in his company. He told them that he was gay and that they should not be frightened. He then took the opportunity to sexually assault a number of them.

“The prosecution case included CCTV footage and strong witness testimony. We were also able to present a number of the items used by Ay in the attacks including tights and tutus.

“Women should feel safe to walk the streets without fear of attack. The CPS remain committed to prosecuting sexual offenders.”

And yet all he received was a 20 month suspended sentence. How does that equate to women feeling safe to walk the streets without fear of attack? Nothing has changed except for a measly slap on the wrist. There were multiple victims, so every reason to suspect he will re-offend. He was cleared of 10 counts of indecent exposure because he exposed prosthetic genitals rather than his own :mad:. Found this article with more info.
Shocking but not surprising he got a suspended sentence.

This sort of crime is a crime of escalation too. Sexual assault is obviously horrific in its own right but SA and indecent exposure is where serial rapists and murderers start. As always, women have to come to serious harm before anyone cares.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
There were also 2 cases of domestic violence and abuse shown. Both male perps against female victims. Both got away with a slap on the wrist. In fact, one of the men admitted to pushing and punching his wife, the woman was visibly injured AND he had phoned the wife’s GP behind her back to book her in for an abortion. He wasn’t even arrested, just interviewed under caution. Country is a bleeping joke

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Shocking but not surprising he got a suspended sentence.

This sort of crime is a crime of escalation too. Sexual assault is obviously horrific in its own right but SA and indecent exposure is where serial rapists and murderers start. As always, women have to come to serious harm before anyone cares.
I don't know if the case of Jill Meagher was covered in the UK, horrific SA and murder of a woman just making her way home from a work do. The scum who killed her was caught within days, no surprise that he'd been jailed at least once for violent r*pes and assault of women. I think he was stabbed in jail early this year, which was good to hear.

• Sad
I don't know if the case of Jill Meagher was covered in the UK, horrific SA and murder of a woman just making her way home from a work do. The scum who killed her was caught within days, no surprise that he'd been jailed at least once for violent r*pes and assault of women. I think he was stabbed in jail early this year, which was good to hear.
It’s just so enraging to read that SA is not given a proper punishment and that despite the evidence of it leading to murders of women it’s still not seen as important. The punishment for SA should be the same as murder imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Honestly, the rage and self-righteous over repeating his given name, sorry “dead name”, is ridiculous. It’s so performative.

It sounds as if his name hadn’t been changed officially since he was still a child, so the judge (being bound by tradition and common sense rules as they are) is using his legal name. That’s all 🤷‍♀️
I think it's very important, when it comes to official crime reporting and trials, that we stick to facts. It's correct to refer to Brianna as someone who 'identified as a girl', it's absolutely correct that court rooms report the legal names and legal sex. We never want to be in a position where men are referred to as female in court rooms when they're standing trial for rape, abuse etc. and nor would we want that logged in statistics as being a female.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think it's very important, when it comes to official crime reporting and trials, that we stick to facts. It's correct to refer to Brianna as someone who 'identified as a girl', it's absolutely correct that court rooms report the legal names and legal sex. We never want to be in a position where men are referred to as female in court rooms when they're standing trial for rape, abuse etc. and nor would we want that logged in statistics as being a female.
Absolutely, and we've already gone down the slippery slope of women being compelled to call their male attackers "she" in court.

Courts are places for impartial facts. In a case like this, lots of the detail is incredibly distressing. How could a criminal court not be? Distress is no reason to ignore facts and reality, despite TRAs protestations to the contrary.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
These cunts like stonewall are all just anarchists. They aren't interested in the good of civil society.

They must be stopped at every turn.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
“Britain could be blacklisted at the UN’s human rights body over its defence of biological sex,”

Well that’s something I never thought I would read 😂
The same UN that has the likes of Saudi Arabia on their human rights committee?!😂😂😂😂 when’s Saudi trans pride anyone know? I love threats like that. Embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The same UN that has the likes of Saudi Arabia on their human rights committee?!😂😂😂😂 when’s Saudi trans pride anyone know? I love threats like that. Embarrassing
Imo the UN has been losing credibility since the 90's gone the way of most institutions now.

Reactions: 17
If we can’t defend biological sex then how can we defend women’s rights? We can’t! It’s because of biological sex that women in Afghanistan today, in 2023, are not allowed an education or most jobs. How people in the UK are crying about deadnaming and misgendering when this is going on, tells you all you need to know about what most people think of ‘biological’ women and that’s very very little. We see Trans Lives Matter everywhere but these women’s actual lives, do not appear to matter at all. They couldn’t identify out of this if they tried.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just seen, woman a bit snobby re having a job, but shared for the clip, on my phone you need to click the arrow then click again at the bottom of the screen then press that play arrow
▶ Watch this reel

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just seen, woman a bit snobby re having a job, but shared for the clip, on my phone you need to click the arrow then click again at the bottom of the screen then press that play arrow
▶ Watch this reel
Yes, I’m sure all mothers would react like that if their adult son decided to dress up as a teddy bear for kicks. Totally normal, nothing to see here 🤪🙃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolutely, and we've already gone down the slippery slope of women being compelled to call their male attackers "she" in court.

Courts are places for impartial facts. In a case like this, lots of the detail is incredibly distressing. How could a criminal court not be? Distress is no reason to ignore facts and reality, despite TRAs protestations to the contrary.
Impartial facts… except today there have been a number of witness statements read out and there seems to be an elephant in the room. it’s been reported that every witness so far.. bus driver, dog walkers, some known to Brianna, some known to X, have described Brianna as female. ‘Three teens, two females one male’. ‘She stood out because of what she was wearing’. Describing the clothes and hair colour. They have not even described Brianna as transgender.

Are we meant to believe not one witness noticed? That not one witness wrote in police statements the description that Brianna was transgender, or a male probably identifying as female?

And if they did tell police any of this - then what happened. How would they even know Brianna’s preferred pronouns at the point they wrote their witness statements? Did the police tell them the victim identified as female so they must use female pronouns? Did police exclude it from statements? Were they included in statements but removed for court? Is it being said in court but just excluded from reporting?

It’s important witnesses describe what they saw as evidence. It’s important they describe the attackers as male and female. Why is it ok to avoid this fact about the victim in a court of law?

Our justice system and police force is losing integrity by choosing feelings over facts. Unless of course media are avoiding reporting it but that is also wrong if it’s facts being read out in court.
---
The Twitter outrage that this isn’t being charged as a hate crime against a transgender person. But god forbid a witness acknowledges they recognised Brianna as transgender. That’s not allowed and would be transphobic. These people don’t know they’re arsed from their elbows.
---

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Witness statements are supposed to be read verbatim- profanity, racial slurs, warts and all. I wonder if the witnesses were being polite in their original statements. They all said Brianna stood out because of clothing or looking awkward, not for being a TiM so I’m not sure. If there has been “transwashing” for want of a better word of statements we are in precarious territory.

Witness statements are supposed to be read verbatim- profanity, racial slurs, warts and all. I wonder if the witnesses were being polite in their original statements. They all said Brianna stood out because of clothing or looking awkward, not for being a TiM so I’m not sure. If there has been “transwashing” for want of a better word of statements we are in precarious territory.
I just struggle to believe with the volume of witnesses that not one of them included it as a descriptor. So the concern is at which part of the justice system is it being excluded from every statement. Best case scenario is it’s being heard in court but the press are avoiding it.

Reactions: 12
It's very worrying if they are adjusting witnesses statements specifically for this trial.... Setting a dangerous precedent, but that's the whole problem with this movement.

Reactions: 11
To be fair, younger teenagers can look quite androgynous. In this case, the victim seems to have been dressed as overly 'girly' (I'm deliberately not using 'feminine'). Casual passers-by, not realising that what they were seeing would become important, probably wouldn't have given the victim a second thought - except in this case to observe that they were not dressed appropriately for a walk in the park

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.