Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One word means it’s impossible.
Placenta.

a woman grows a whole organ to provide oxygen and nourishment through the umbilical cord.

science fiction
Absolutely! Also, your immune system does an incredible job throughout pregnancy - how would a male body tolerate an implanted uterus and an
'alien' foetus?

Our bodies are truly amazing 🤍💜💚

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It won't work because of this - the metal ball is the size of a baby's head

Sadly the article said C sections would be used.

After the horrors of the Nazis it is an awful shock to realise that Dr Mengele would no longer be seen as a monster but as a trail blazing hero by sections of society.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
To answer your first question, you would still say "they are", not "they is".

While I think the they/them pronouns thing is silly, there are cases where it's acceptable to use they/them in a singular fashion in English.

For example, I often have a managers' meeting at work where I give feedback on what team members have told me, but I want to keep each person anonymous. So I might say: "One of my team members said they felt team morale was low". I deliberately don't give the gender of the team member to ensure it's harder to work out who I'm talking about.

I suppose I could say "One of my team members said he or she felt team morale was low", but to be honest it sounds more awkward, probably because it draws attention to the fact I'm trying to anonymise the feedback. In that context, "they" is more commonly used and sounds more natural.

To answer your second question, you don't really use "it" or "its" for a person in English because it comes across as rude, due to the dehumanising nature of the word. People who choose to use "it" or "its" in that way almost always mean it as an insult -- e.g. "tell it I'm not speaking to it!".

Here endeth the grammar lesson. 😂
'They/them' are 3rd person pronouns, that is how you refer to a person that is not being directly addressed ie they're not there.
So if you think about it, all this pronouns shite is about image control to others, not just how that person is referred to.

Reactions: 15
I really hope these pervs take a wrong turn on Sunday and happen upon some Glasgow neds. They’ll piss their furry costumes in fear.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
To answer your first question, you would still say "they are", not "they is".

While I think the they/them pronouns thing is silly, there are cases where it's acceptable to use they/them in a singular fashion in English.

For example, I often have a managers' meeting at work where I give feedback on what team members have told me, but I want to keep each person anonymous. So I might say: "One of my team members said they felt team morale was low". I deliberately don't give the gender of the team member to ensure it's harder to work out who I'm talking about.

I suppose I could say "One of my team members said he or she felt team morale was low", but to be honest it sounds more awkward, probably because it draws attention to the fact I'm trying to anonymise the feedback. In that context, "they" is more commonly used and sounds more natural.

To answer your second question, you don't really use "it" or "its" for a person in English because it comes across as rude, due to the dehumanising nature of the word. People who choose to use "it" or "its" in that way almost always mean it as an insult -- e.g. "tell it I'm not speaking to it!".

Here endeth the grammar lesson. 😂
Merci! ☺
---

'They/them' are 3rd person pronouns, that is how you refer to a person that is not being directly addressed ie they're not there.
So if you think about it, all this pronouns shite is about image control to others, not just how that person is referred to.
Yeah, we use they/she/he when the person is not here so why do they care so much about it?!

Reactions: 8
They must be able to turn away business & money. They'll go bust soon.
Plenty of other printers will gladly take the work on .........
If only that were the case. This is roughly equivalent to that bakery in Northern Ireland that refused to bake a cake that had a pro gay marriage message on it (not trans). They're still going strong.

If enough people want to carry on giving money to a homophobic business, they'll keep giving money to a company that refuses to print perfectly valid stickers for KJK.

Reactions: 4
Absolutely! Also, your immune system does an incredible job throughout pregnancy - how would a male body tolerate an implanted uterus and an
'alien' foetus?

Our bodies are truly amazing 🤍💜💚
I’m no scientist or biologist, but female bodies are built to carry and birth children, mens are not. It’s that simple.

Reactions: 20
I think I read somewhere that some idiot academics are trying to de-gender French and German with some kind of Frankenstein newspeak.

I have been a bit busy IRL - but just had a catch up on the thread and so great to see new names here. We get stronger all the time, the more people who peak - the more the topic is in the news. We can't lose here.

And seeing some of the comments on this YouTube from a young milennial - we sometimes worry the younger women are too captured - but these are young women from the USA and they get it about men. It's just a small small nudge for them to get it about 'Transbians' - they know. They know. We all know it's such bullshit. Lies shrivel in the light. Women are stronger than they know. Men aren't women and never will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Womb transplants, in the very few cases where they’ve been successful, are meant to be temporary and after one or two pregnancies they have to be removed again to avoid the recipient having to take anti-rejection drugs for any longer than is strictly necessary.
The idea that they’ll ever be some kind of Frankensteinian vanity item that can be just shoved into some blokes body on a whim is absolutely ludicrous and biologically impossible. Although I dare say that won’t stop some unscrupulous plastic surgery butchers having a go at it in some country where medical ethics don’t exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If only that were the case. This is roughly equivalent to that bakery in Northern Ireland that refused to bake a cake that had a pro gay marriage message on it (not trans). They're still going strong.

If enough people want to carry on giving money to a homophobic business, they'll keep giving money to a company that refuses to print perfectly valid stickers for KJK.
I don't think you can compare a cake company in a Country like Ireland to a printing company.

Reactions: 2
Womb transplants, in the very few cases where they’ve been successful, are meant to be temporary and after one or two pregnancies they have to be removed again to avoid the recipient having to take anti-rejection drugs for any longer than is strictly necessary.
The idea that they’ll ever be some kind of Frankensteinian vanity item that can be just shoved into some blokes body on a whim is absolutely ludicrous and biologically impossible. Although I dare say that won’t stop some unscrupulous plastic surgery butchers having a go at it in some country where medical ethics don’t exist.
If you ever pop over to the Jessica Alves thread, I’ve no doubt he’d have an unscrupulous enough surgeon going by the state of his face and body. His nose already looks as thought it’s going to fall off at any given moment

• Haha
Reactions: 8

This wouldn’t work, right?
I feel like we have so much more we could research and improve in women’s reproductive health - how can we make IVF more successful, can we understand miscarriage more, why is our stillbirth rate so high, why does it take 10 years on average for endometriosis to be diagnosed and treated? Breastfeeding support is abysmal, birth trauma is rampant…. I could literally go on. Women’s health is an absolute shitshow. Are we investing money and research into improving this? Nah! Let’s dick around implanting wombs into MEN so they can cosplay women and motherhood. Let’s pump MEN full of hormones and medication and hope it works. In what other world would we treat dysphoria with surgery?

Can men even carry a baby? Their pelvis is different, do they have the same ligaments within it that respond to the hormones of pregnancy to give room for a growing baby? Would their organs move out of the way and still function normally?

The thought of this makes me physically ill.

Also, what the duck? We keep being told our ability to menstruate/grow/birth/feed our babies isn’t what makes us a woman. TWAW remember, how insulting to reduce us to our bodily functions. Except if you’re a TW, and want to play at woman, THEN you’re allowed to define womanhood by pregnancy and birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I don't think you can compare a cake company in a Country like Ireland to a printing company.
I don’t see why not. They’re two companies that refused to fulfil a basic request that had no profanity or anything unsuitable due to political reasons.

Reactions: 4
I really hope these pervs take a wrong turn on Sunday and happen upon some Glasgow neds. They’ll piss their furry costumes in fear.

That's part of the kink for a lot of them :( Saw some notes for attendees of a furry convention on Twitter and one of them was to please dispose of all adult diapers responsibly and not leave them out for hotel staff to deal with.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 29
That's part of the kink for a lot of them :( Saw some notes for attendees of a furry convention on Twitter and one of them was to please dispose of all adult diapers responsibly and not leave them out for hotel staff to deal with.
How much of a kink they’d get from buckfast fuelled neds pounding them I don’t know, I’d pay to see it mind 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.