Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m slowly getting to this point as well. We had a guy join our team recently and, although he didn’t explicitly say he’s a TRA, he immediately included his pronouns in his email signature and deliberately starts conversations to trip people up if they “misgender” someone or say something that’s not perfectly aligned with his narrow views. He makes constant thinly veiled threats about reporting people to HR which he tries to pass off as jokes. He’s the only man in our team and it’s so obvious he knows he holds a degree of power over us, especially in this current climate, and he particularly targets older women. Bit by bit we’re all becoming more vocal but there’s always the underlying fear of losing your job. It’s incredibly sinister.
Recently had a trans girl at work, only stayed a couple of months but it was something she used as an excuse to be lazy. 'My hormones are making me moody' from someone who likely has PMDD that's insulting, and to every woman. Yes her hormones may impact her more but even when I feel like offing myself from my PMDD I don't use it as an excuse to be moody and bitchy.

None of us felt we could speak to management out of fear of being labeled as transphobic. My brother is trans and has my full support, bc it's not the only thing about him and he doesn't use it as an excuse for anything. It's definitely an issue if we can't speak on a colleagues performance or attitude without the potential of us losing our jobs for hate speech.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Brendan O'Neill in The Spectator:
It is an affront to language and truth to say ‘her penis’. It is an affront to Bryson’s victims too, who presumably had to listen as the man who assaulted them had his identity flattered and his delusions validated.

Alan Cochrane in The Telegraph:
They’re now laying bets as to when she’ll resign the leadership – after next year’s general election, perhaps, if her vote doesn’t hold up, or maybe even sooner. And she’s encouraged such speculation by announcing that she’s keen to start writing her memoirs and by refusing to say how long she’ll definitely stay as leader.

Reactions: 18
Well said Douglas Ross referring to this piece of human garbage as a “beast” that’s the only word for a double rapist. I see the Labour frontbenchers like Annelise Dodds are frantically back-pedalling, well too late now. You took the side of men.
Annelise Dodds makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Such a pedantic, irritating and joyless woman...

Reactions: 10
She is quite right. We won't be gaslit into any of this tit or told that rape can cover a lot of different scenarios. Rape is forced penetration with a penis. Only a man can have a penis. "Her penis" does not make any logical sense. Adam Bryson/Graham is a man.

I won't be calling that man by any name other than his actual name, which is Adam. Bet he's been getting his jollies by all these media outlets referring to him as "Isla".

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Susie Dent on Twitter - I wonder if she had any people in mind when choosing this word ;)

I am convinced Susie Dent reads tattle

---

Common sense prevails eventually. Hopefully this will put a stop to putting men into female prisons, as any men who might think about transitioning just to get into such places will realise it's unlikely to work.

On the subject regarding work colleagues trying to trip others up - I have always adopted a "no political or religious discussions at work" policy and that was long before all this kicked off. After all, it's almost certainly going to lead to arguments of some kind and just isn't relevant to my job. Someone once outright asked me who I'd voted for at a general election, which shocked me as it was so nosy! I just politely declined to answer and the conversation was over.
We were all given the ability to put pronouns in our signature but it’s not mandatory and a few people have, mainly women. I have not and if anyone asks I will decline as ‘no’ is a complete sentence. My work is still applying to be on the Stonewall index of gullibility so will see what happens then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Even the man from the Halifax is questioning what's going on now 😄
I’ll be humming ‘me glasses are still slipping down me nose’ all night now.

Back to Nicola, I just keep hearing her say ‘men don’t need to pretend to be anything other than themselves to get to women’ and ‘trans people are not a threat to anybody’. To say that with such confidence just a few months ago and now faced with EXACTLY THAT must sting. What we all said would happen, has happened, shock horror! And has been happening for ages. It might be down to the idiots at the SPS (Scottish Prison Service for those that don’t know) but it doesn’t take away the fact that she said this would never happen. Astonishing.

• Heart
I work for a local authority so can't express my opinion publicly without repercussions. But we are now in a world where a MAN with a PENIS is a serial RAPIST and then transitions into a 'woman' and everyone is more concerned with mis-gendering him. Kevin McGuire, who I used to rate, can get in the bleeping BIN defending this bleeping animal. I hope this is the beginning of the end of this bleeping nonsense which is one of the most dangerous and warped ideologies of all time. Hopefully, Owen Warner will wank himself into oblivion soon too.

Apologies to poor Owen Warner who I think is in Hollyoaks and as far as I know has not expressed an opinion on this issue as yet. I meant Owen Jones.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Personally I think it’s better to catch cases we shouldn’t than to miss cases we should.
There is no case in which someone has raped a women that they should be incarcerated with women. These absolute arseholes see women in prison as collateral damage and not women the state has responsibilities toward.

• Sad
There is no case in which someone has raped a women that they should be incarcerated with women. These absolute arseholes see women in prison as collateral damage and not women the state has responsibilities toward.
If they’ve still got a penis they should not be incarcerated with women regardless of the reason for their incarceration.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Anyone find the 'trans rapist' headlines funny? Is this person identifying as a rapist? Nope.

Just sloppy journalism.

They are not a trans rapist. They are a rapist. Stop muddying the bleeping waters.

Reactions: 14
Absolutely creepy that he was a student on a beauty course, not the fact he was transgender, but men in general I don’t think should be beauty therapists. I feel the same about male midwives (just my opinion, not looking to offend or have my mind changed). I have heard of male therapists sexually abusing clients while they are giving them a massage. Touching areas they shouldn’t be etc. it’s a rapists dream job. I turned up for a massage once (it wasn’t in the UK) and it was a guy and I just said no, it’s either a woman doing it or I want a refund. There was a lot of eye rolling on their part but they got a woman for me. No way in the world is some creepy guy getting his hands on me.
This reminds me of when I was in hospital last year and I had a male nurse tend to me. He did an ECG on me and was subtly fondling my breasts while doing it. I had no energy to kick up a fuss, no one was around and I was too scared. Was in hospital for an overdose as well. So grim.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
We were all given the ability to put pronouns in our signature but it’s not mandatory and a few people have, mainly women. I have not and if anyone asks I will decline as ‘no’ is a complete sentence. My work is still applying to be on the Stonewall index of gullibility so will see what happens then.
Sounds similar to my workplace. I can only think of two colleagues off the top of my head who've added pronouns to their email signature. And I get emails off many people.

I think most just see them as pointless.

Reactions: 13
Sounds similar to my workplace. I can only think of two colleagues off the top of my head who've added pronouns to their email signature. And I get emails off many people.

I think most just see them as pointless.
Very few people in my work put pronouns on their signatures, and I’m in an industry that you’d expect a lot more. People have no time for it, it’s a complete nonsense.

Reactions: 14
This reminds me of when I was in hospital last year and I had a male nurse tend to me. He did an ECG on me and was subtly fondling my breasts while doing it. I had no energy to kick up a fuss, no one was around and I was too scared. Was in hospital for an overdose as well. So grim.
That's horrific, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I had three weeks in hospital at the start of this year, including five days in the high dependency unit, which was mixed sex patients and a fairly equal split of male and female nurses, but I wasn't really in a state to worry about it too much. When I went up to a normal ward it was all women in the other beds (2 rooms with 6 beds each for women, same for men, plus a few individual rooms), but we did have one male nurse rota'd on our room for a few days. He was absolutely professional the whole way through, was fine about it if any of the ladies said they would prefer a female nurse for something intimate, like being helped with the commode, and he was never involved with helping us shower or wash, he would go and help out on the men's side at that point in the day and one of their rota'd female nurses would come over to us.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
More coming out about this rapist.
I hope those girls sue the college for not looking our for their safety. “Trans” or not, he is a 30 something bloke on a course mostly comprising of 18-25 year olds . I used to work for a Further Education college that did Hair and Beauty, almost all the girls were 18-20.

---

Even the man from the Halifax is questioning what's going on now 😄
Omg I love him for this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
One of the women who attended college with Adam Graham was on the Scottish news and apparently he spun stories about being raped twice. This is a sick, sick man. It’s making me wonder whether he’s almost cosplaying his victims as part of his depraved fantasies.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.