Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sympathise with you all having to put up with this pain in the arse. It does make me wonder what is the legal position on all of this?
If 2x colleagues are having a conversation, not connected to work, are they not permitted to say something factual? Eg Sam Smith is male or TIM's are still men, or biological men should not be housed in female prisons?
Would HR deem this as an transphobic - a conversation, to a colleague, discussing facts with no intention to offend anyone? 🤔
I have a feeling its extremely complicated....!!! And a total minefield!

There was a woman who recently won her case against BT for racial discrimination at work.

She was American, and got upset because of a couple of instances of what were proved to be racial discrimination. She had left her job citing stress and anxiety and took the company to court.
The 2 instances used were: as a US national, she needed to renew her work visa. Her manager tried to intervene on her behalf and told HR I assume that she might be deported if they didnt sort out the work visa paperwork. This remark caused her stress and led to her being anxious and having to stay at home off work.
This was then made worse after, with a comment made in an evening discussion whilst the team were at an evening meal, whilst working overnight in Northern Ireland. ( which surely isnt a work situation? ) about whether or not she could swim, and her colleague wondering why so many black women didnt swim.
Apparently its because of something about the texture of peoples hair? And its racist because in the USA there is a history of black people not being able to use swimming pools that white people used? A history which I doubt many UK residents have a clue about?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
So unless this bloke is sent somewhere like Shotts we can never be sure where he is being housed.
Most of the adult male sex offenders serving long term sentences go to Glenochil. There’s plenty of them in other prisons though.

As mentioned, Scotland now have community custody units for women. These are brand new, designed to meet the specific needs/risks/vulnerabilities of female offenders, based in local communities. Women (for now) all go to Cornton Vale as a receiving prison and then are shipped out to other prisons/CCUs depending on need, capacity within the estate, family/local ties etc. You can see why manipulative, abusive males would want to try to access these places (paraphilias aside!).

To appease the trans lobby, I’m sure that Nicola Sturgeon will claim that he was moved on a “case by case basis” after risk assessment, rather than this being a blanket change to SPS policy.

Reactions: 15

There was a woman who recently won her case against BT for racial discrimination at work.

She was American, and got upset because of a couple of instances of what were proved to be racial discrimination. She had left her job citing stress and anxiety and took the company to court.
The 2 instances used were: as a US national, she needed to renew her work visa. Her manager tried to intervene on her behalf and told HR I assume that she might be deported if they didnt sort out the work visa paperwork. This remark caused her stress and led to her being anxious and having to stay at home off work.
This was then made worse after, with a comment made in an evening discussion whilst the team were at an evening meal, whilst working overnight in Northern Ireland. ( which surely isnt a work situation? ) about whether or not she could swim, and her colleague wondering why so many black women didnt swim.
Apparently its because of something about the texture of peoples hair? And its racist because in the USA there is a history of black people not being able to use swimming pools that white people used? A history which I doubt many UK residents have a clue about?
What crazy times we are living in 🙄
I suspect these sort of issues depend on good (or how expensive and heavily invested with an agenda to push) your legal representation is 🤑

Reactions: 4
Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said his party had "warned for months" during the debate over the gender reforms that "violent criminals just like the sex offender, the absolute beast we are discussing today, would try to exploit loopholes in the law and attack and traumatise women."

He added: "It should not have taken public disgust and a slew of negative headlines about a double rapist being sent to a women's prison for Nicola Sturgeon to realise this was completely unacceptable and wrong.

"She and her justice secretary have the power to impose a blanket ban on all rapists being sent to women's prisons, so why is she refusing to exercise it?

"It suggests Nicola Sturgeon's screeching U-turn in the Bryson case was down to fears over the political risk to herself rather than the safety risk to women prisoners."

Leading article on BBC News right now!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

How much did this woman win for this flimsy case? The first part about the Visa is nonsense surely? Her manager was trying to help her and possibly over emphasised to help her out 🙄 if it wasn't sorted out then there would have been a chance of her being deported. The work related stress was surely more to do with her workload.

The second part seems a bit OTT although I can understand why she might have thought the discussion was inappropriate. I bet the company were glad to see the back of her.

Reactions: 4
Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said his party had "warned for months" during the debate over the gender reforms that "violent criminals just like the sex offender, the absolute beast we are discussing today, would try to exploit loopholes in the law and attack and traumatise women."

He added: "It should not have taken public disgust and a slew of negative headlines about a double rapist being sent to a women's prison for Nicola Sturgeon to realise this was completely unacceptable and wrong.

"She and her justice secretary have the power to impose a blanket ban on all rapists being sent to women's prisons, so why is she refusing to exercise it?

"It suggests Nicola Sturgeon's screeching U-turn in the Bryson case was down to fears over the political risk to herself rather than the safety risk to women prisoners."

With the greens breathing down her neck it won't be long until the tit hits the fan again. They're going to be very pissed off about this.

Reactions: 10

When asked if a convicted rapist should ever serve time in a women's prison she said '.. in this case, this prisoner will not be incarcerated in CorntonVale prison..' . The choice of her words seemed to me to be very deliberate as if to say there won't be a outright ban on rapists being sent to women's prisons.

The BBC are also getting sex and gender mixed up again in their reporting 🙄 but I did find it funny that the next story on the 6o'clock news was about TransPennies rail. It's all about the Trans tonight!

Reactions: 19

Weird seeing some Labour MPs jump on the 'yeah a rapist shouldn't be in a women's prison' bandwagon. Like..no tit, catch up, and maybe give your colleague Rosie a ring.

Reactions: 28
Did anyone in Scotland see the party political broadcast tonight from the Scottish Greens? With a trans man/non binary person called Gray. Addressing the nation at peak time. No I will never fucken vote Scottish Greens! Bunch of LOONS.

Talking of loons, I stumbled across a Janey Godley tweet where she’s praising her ‘trans pals’. She thinks gender critical people hate trans people. The poor poor trans ☹ This is a narrative that she’s happy with, cos she can denounce us nasty terfs and she gets to feel all warm and fuzzy and supportive. And more importantly the TRAs are off her back. Last thing she would want is flack from TRAs, she’s already been ‘cancelled’ for old offensive tweets. She can’t understand it’s about women’s rights, not hatred of trans people. I used to be a fan of her comedy and my heart goes out to her with what she’s going through with her cancer but I have no respect for her deluded wee rants against pretty much her target audience. Regular wee Glesga wummin (like me and mum) don’t take any tit and wouldn’t be backwards in coming forwards about women’s rights to safety, privacy and dignity. We are no nonsense and can see right through it. Janey is just trying to protect herself in all this, she doesn’t actually care about trans people at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Did anyone in Scotland see the party political broadcast tonight from the Scottish Greens? With a trans man/non binary person called Gray. Addressing the nation at peak time. No I will never fucken vote Scottish Greens! Bunch of LOONS.

Talking of loons, I stumbled across a Janey Godley tweet where she’s praising her ‘trans pals’. She thinks gender critical people hate trans people. The poor poor trans ☹ This is a narrative that she’s happy with, cos she can denounce us nasty terfs and she gets to feel all warm and fuzzy and supportive. And more importantly the TRAs are off her back. Last thing she would want is flack from TRAs, she’s already been ‘cancelled’ for old offensive tweets. She can’t understand it’s about women’s rights, not hatred of trans people. I used to be a fan of her comedy and my heart goes out to her with what she’s going through with her cancer but I have no respect for her deluded wee rants against pretty much her target audience. Regular wee Glesga wummin (like me and mum) don’t take any tit and wouldn’t be backwards in coming forwards about women’s rights to safety, privacy and dignity. We are no nonsense and can see right through it. Janey is just trying to protect herself in all this, she doesn’t actually care about trans people at all.
Scottish Green Party is chock full of degenerates to the point where it’s fast becoming the party of fetish lovers rather than people advocating green issues.

and Tristan Grey was initially a Lib Dem candidate for the Scottish Parliament then joined the Green Party…..was suspended from the English Greens for harassment and has called woman for Scotland all sorts and compared them to the EDL.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
If you didn't just catch the start of the BBC News at 10, Huw Edwards' tone of voice reading the headline about Adam Graham was just pitch perfect.

ETA the reporter just stated that Police Scotland would NOT be including his rapes on the list of offenses perpetrated by men. WTAF. I feel so sorry for the poor women he assaulted, they don't deserve any of this.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Last thing she would want is flack from TRAs, she’s already been ‘cancelled’ for old offensive tweets.
I feel sorry for her having to go through incurable cancer but her diagnosis definitely served as a distraction to the racism. Don’t think she’s in a position to preach to anyone about being on the right side of history…

Reactions: 5

Janey Godley has sad personal circumstances with the murder of her mother many years ago and her current cancer diagnosis and I sincerely feel for her. Unfortunately, she’s fallen right down the rabbithole of wanting to be popular online and get easy likes on Twitter by throwing hard-fought for women’s rights right into the bin.

---

Weird seeing some Labour MPs jump on the 'yeah a rapist shouldn't be in a women's prison' bandwagon. Like..no tit, catch up, and maybe give your colleague Rosie a ring.
They now want credit for stating the absolutely blooming obvious even though the policies they’ve supported have led us to this ridiculous position. Either self-ID is entirely valid in all cases without external judgement, and causes no problems whatsoever in the world and never has, or or not. The Bryson case shows that it isn’t foolproof and it does cause very serious issues. Yes, Bryson could have followed the current process for a GRC. He didn’t and under proposed legislation and current prison policy, heavily influenced by the same thinking that pushed for Scotland’s disastrous GRR law, he didn’t need to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Isla Bryson has made the Scottish news again tonight. Apparently they joined a local college beauty course. Of course under their new name not their real name!!!

And the college wasn't aware they were waiting a trial for rape.

This case is mental. This 'person' is an absolute pervert and needs to be kept away from vulnerable women.

No doubt they'll get a hard time in a men's jail so sometime in the near future will be quietly moved to a female facility.

• Angry
  • Sad
Isla Bryson has made the Scottish news again tonight. Apparently they joined a local college beauty course. Of course under their new name not their real name!!!

This case is mental. This 'person' is an absolute pervert and needs to be kept away from vulnerable women.

No doubt they'll get a hard time in a men's jail so sometime in the near future will be quietly moved to a female facility.
Women have warned over and over that men will find ways to access victims and take advantage of any loopholes, and what we get back is essentially “well, men manage to assault you anyway, so shut up and let them just indulge their fetishes.” Quite clearly this rapist is not a woman, doesn’t genuinely believe himself to be a woman and didn’t actually want to learn “beauty” on a course. We will look back on this deranged era as a disaster for civilised society.

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Hearing about TIMs wanting to be beauty therapists always gives me the ick. Like they’re trying to get closer to women by doing bikini waxes etc. Obviously not realising that waxes are in NO WAY sexual. But can you imagine going to get a wax and having some perv doing it?!? They are just persistent, creepy predators.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
For the Telegraph :ROFLMAO:
(Several comments on the twitter post along the lines of "I usually love your work but this is endangering a marginalised group". Ah, censorship.)

1674802181100.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Burberry are basically the last ones to invest in bitcoin just before it tanked:D Everyone desperately trying to row back and minimise their loses.
When will a real reporter hold Nicola to account, I'd pay good money to witness her squirm the utter fraud

Reactions: 16
For the Telegraph :ROFLMAO:
(Several comments on the twitter post along the lines of "I usually love your work but this is endangering a marginalised group". Ah, censorship.)

View attachment 1913733
The comments on this artists post are just laughable. Some people really are so blinded by their fear of being "transphobic" they are trying to martyr drag queen pedophiles on there.

All it's show me is that people who refuse to see the dangers of self ID without appropriate time frames are wilfully ignorant.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.