Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet according to Stonewall, crossdressers don't exist, they're "trans"

Which is it?
The cross dressing thing annoys me too. I would rather the media reported him as a man who presents himself as a trans woman tbh because its important to highlight how predators use that title to lessen their crimes in a way.

Reactions: 17
I just came on to post this....so now God wants to be referred to as "they/them" šŸ™„
Sam Smith will be overjoyed to be in such exalted company! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Talking about God and all things religious, Sandi Toksvig has been commenting on the CofE decision to ban same-sex marriages in Christian churches (same as most religions, I guess?)
It's a bit hypocritical to whinge about being denied a religious ceremony if you're not a true believer. If the recent church attendance figures are anything to go by, hardly anyone is!
Presumably the Church of England are grooming (no dodgy innuendo intended) Bingo Allison to be the next Archbishop of Canterbury and then the pews will be filled with a rainbow of pronoun people.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Presumably the Church of England are grooming (no dodgy innuendo intended) Bingo Allison to be the next Archbishop of Canterbury and then the pews will be filled with a rainbow of pronoun people.
bleeping " Bingo" šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ’€

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Next thing we knowā€¦.
Jesus (they/them) was born by a mixed race surrogate to a gay/transgender couple during pride week.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yet according to Stonewall, crossdressers don't exist, they're "trans"

Which is it?
If only the media would call them what they are, trans identified males. Or a transvestite really. I loathe to even refer to these people as trans women.

Reactions: 20
Some of us have been aware of differences of opinion between various feminists and feminists groups - some of which have ended up as spats on Twitter. These two articles deal with the underlying issues (read MF first)

On Gender-critical disputes. Helen Joyce comes up with really goodā€¦ | by Maya Forstater | Feb, 2023 | Medium

Disputes and Kumbaya - Loreleiā€™s Newsletter (substack.com)
They are interesting to read.

I like Lorelei' s newsletter making the point that to be effective and to get the message across, that womens rights need recognition and to be properly respected, we need to agree to differ and to work together.

I think the scottish situation is useful, because it is clarifying some of the issues that gender critical women have been shouting about for years!
A man cant just put on a wig, dress and make up, and claim to be a woman!! Because there may well be some men who are doing it for selfish or illegal purposes, like the scottish rapist man. A trans woman, cannot have a penis.
Even one case like this, validates caution, and the need to look carefully at what and why gender critical women are saying.

It clarifies issues like trans athletes and sports people.
It clarifies issues of safeguarding
It clarifies issues for lesbians
It clarifies issues for children, and for teachers and staff working within schools.
I dont think many parents or anyone else, realised quite how easily it was for children to change sex/gender at schools. I don't think many parents would agree with these policies if they were actually asked about them.
No changes should be made for school children without reference to their parents, unless the child is in care, or otherwise detached from their parent. No hormones, no binders, yes perhaps to talking therapies and support, but maybe encouraging children to be comfortable in their own skin, should also be part of this.

I think and hope to some extent this is going to be a watershed moment, a time and place where politicians stop and actually think about what their policies mean. The conservative party seem to be recognising what the differences between a man and a woman are, now we need the other parties to follow suit.

I think Nicola Sturgeon has scored a massive own goal for herself!!

Reactions: 22
Homophobia again and againā€¦

It seems that most lesbians are gender critical but a minority of gays are.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
The cross dressing thing annoys me too. I would rather the media reported him as a man who presents himself as a trans woman tbh because its important to highlight how predators use that title to lessen their crimes in a way.
The BBC and other outlets are reporting him as a man. My (facetious) question would be: What makes him ā€œless of a womanā€ than Adam (canā€™t remember his last name)? In fact, I would have thought theyā€™d be more inclined to refer to ā€œAmyā€ as a ā€œwomanā€ because local and vocal people online are saying heā€™s been dressing like this for years and years, compared to the rapist who started when he was arrested and awaiting trial.

And itā€™s not because the BBC has had a change of heart, or decided to report accurately. They KNOW that this would be framed as another horrible story concerning a trans woman, and a negative story for Nicola Sturgeon, so soon after the other one, so are reporting accurately but not with good conscience.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Homophobia again and againā€¦

It seems that most lesbians are gender critical but a minority of gays are.

This rhetoric is so dangerous. Young people, especially girls, are being taught that theyā€™re a bigot if they wonā€™t allow their boundaries to be violated.

No one is entitled to sex or romantic relationships. A person can refuse to have sex with anyone for any reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Next thing we know Jesus they/them was born by a mixed race surrogate to a gay/transgender couple during pride week
In olden times it was pride year
---

Urgh this guy tries to be all 'Dylan' cutesy but is just creepy

He can just get in the bin. I'm scunnered with this cis pish. There is no cis about me. I am a woman / female. Trans is a separate thing not a subset or equal to a woman.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
India Willoughby's latest bright idea - one suggestion is a combo of Ricky Gervais and Eddy Izard šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Re Hogwarts Legacy. If you're magic, right, and you wanted to be the other sex, couldn't you just drink polyjuice potion every morning and then you wouldn't have the voice issue (or the penis)?

Also it's' a bit hypocritical of the Church of England to allow 'out' gay vicars but not let them get married in church.

Reactions: 13
I got my uterus removed and donā€™t have periods anymore. I still have my female hormones and cycle so I still have PMS because I am a woman who has not reached menopause yet.
Even I, being a woman, donā€™t pretend having periods because I donā€™t have a uterus. I know what it is to be a young woman with periods and to be a young woman without periods.

How can they appropriate this very female peculiarity?!!!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Urgh this guy tries to be all 'Dylan' cutesy but is just creepy

Ahh this is @jamesissmiling on tiktok. He is horrendous tbh, he made a video a few months ago where he was basically laughing about the fact that women get scared when he walks up behind them at night in the street, but itā€™s ok coz heā€™s a trans woman not a man šŸ’€ like what?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
I got my uterus removed and donā€™t have periods anymore. I still have my female hormones and cycle so I still have PMS because I am a woman who has not reached menopause yet.
Even I, being a woman, donā€™t pretend having periods because I donā€™t have a uterus. I know what it is to be a young woman with periods and to be a young woman without periods.

How can they appropriate this very female peculiarity?!!!

Detailed response from a real woman

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The BBC and other outlets are reporting him as a man. My (facetious) question would be: What makes him ā€œless of a womanā€ than Adam (canā€™t remember his last name)? In fact, I would have thought theyā€™d be more inclined to refer to ā€œAmyā€ as a ā€œwomanā€ because local and vocal people online are saying heā€™s been dressing like this for years and years, compared to the rapist who started when he was arrested and awaiting trial.

And itā€™s not because the BBC has had a change of heart, or decided to report accurately. They KNOW that this would be framed as another horrible story concerning a trans woman, and a negative story for Nicola Sturgeon, so soon after the other one, so are reporting accurately but not with good conscience.
It could simply be that he has been arrested - asked what his name is to which he has replied with Andrew Miller and assuming he has been asked sex replied a man. This has then been reported by the police and thus through the press as a man. BBC and others maybe covering their ass by also stating the other name he sometimes goes by.

Reactions: 2
It could simply be that he has been arrested - asked what his name is to which he has replied with Andrew Miller and assuming he has been asked sex replied a man. This has then been reported by the police and thus through the press as a man. BBC and others maybe covering their ass by also stating the other name he sometimes goes by.
Im not convinced, but time (and news reports) will tell!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.