Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m getting a bit bolder these days and have liked one or two GC things on SM. I’ve always avoided doing that. But if it’s noticed by my employer and mentioned (can’t see that happening but who knows), it’s a hill in prepared to die on.
I’m slowly getting to this point as well. We had a guy join our team recently and, although he didn’t explicitly say he’s a TRA, he immediately included his pronouns in his email signature and deliberately starts conversations to trip people up if they “misgender” someone or say something that’s not perfectly aligned with his narrow views. He makes constant thinly veiled threats about reporting people to HR which he tries to pass off as jokes. He’s the only man in our team and it’s so obvious he knows he holds a degree of power over us, especially in this current climate, and he particularly targets older women. Bit by bit we’re all becoming more vocal but there’s always the underlying fear of losing your job. It’s incredibly sinister.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I’m slowly getting to this point as well. We had a guy join our team recently and, although he didn’t explicitly say he’s a TRA, he immediately included his pronouns in his email signature and deliberately starts conversations to trip people up if they “misgender” someone or say something that’s not perfectly aligned with his narrow views. He makes constant thinly veiled jokes about reporting people to HR. He’s the only man in our team and it’s so obvious he knows he holds a degree of power over us, especially in this current climate, and he particularly targets older women. Bit by bit we’re all becoming more vocal but there’s always the underlying threat of potentially losing your job. It’s incredibly sinister.
That's awful and many younger men appear to be captured by this crap. If I was you I would keep a little diary of all his attempts to punish you or trip you up. If he's targeting older women then he's sexist and ageist. Keep your little diary as potential ammunition in case you need it.

I have a male work colleague in his 30s who is similarly woke as duck but I've learned that it's best only to engage with him about work and not to express my views about politics, gender etc or anything not related to work. When I'm in a position to retire I might start being a bit more vocal.

People who add those silly pronouns are making themselves look ridiculous without any help from us.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Re the gender critical womens talks......

Actually.......could the speakers and attendees all bring a can of car spray with them, or soapy coloured water, Or some of those chalk powders or chili powders they use for festivals like Holi..... to use in defence if someone is being rude or aggressive with them? of course, make sure nobody sprays anywhere near eyes or faces...

A lot of those stupid furry costumes look expensive, and I bet a good dose of spray or slime or curry powder, would damage them irrepairably

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Re the gender critical womens talks......

Actually.......could the speakers and attendees all bring a can of car spray with them, or soapy coloured water, Or some of those chalk powders or chili powders they use for festivals like Holi..... to use in defence if someone is being rude or aggressive with them? of course, make sure nobody sprays anywhere near eyes or faces...

A lot of those stupid furry costumes look expensive, and I bet a good dose of spray or slime or curry powder, would damage them irrepairably
It would be fun to do that but we definitely shouldn't fight back because spraying someone is assault. At the last Standing for women meeting I attended Kellie-Jay was sprayed by water by one if the TRAs which she reported to the police.

Reactions: 14
That's awful and many younger men appear to be captured by this crap. If I was you I would keep a little diary of all his attempts to punish you or trip you up. If he's targeting older women then he's sexist and ageist. Keep your little diary as potential ammunition in case you need it.

I have a male work colleague in his 30s who is similarly woke as duck but I've learned that it's best only to engage with him about work and not to express my views about politics, gender etc or anything not related to work. When I'm in a position to retire I might start being a bit more vocal.

People who add those silly pronouns are making themselves look ridiculous without any help from us.
The trouble is we live in such a woke world, and there are so so many issues that I want to stand up for, its hard to stand up for things we actually believe in. Without getting myself incredibly depressed and disillusioned!!

I am heartened by the fact that I think if people really think or know about gender issues, then the majority would stand up for common sense and admit that there are actual 2 separate sexes. But at the moment there is just so much ...mis information around.

This scottish rapist idiot, sounds mentally and emotionally unstable, which is why to some extent people are trying to be kind to him, but......I have no idea how or why putting him into a womens prison, and putting other women at risk of emotional harm is meant to help anyone.

Reactions: 12

"Just like the children who are being transitioned, female prisoners are live experiments" - Graham Linehan

What no one mentions, and I mean no one, is that these women in the prison with him are completely powerless and silenced. He is free to do whatever he wants to these women and they cannot complain because they will be punished with being written up and given extra time. It is true oppression

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
It would be fun to do that but we definitely shouldn't fight back because spraying someone is assault. At the last Standing for women meeting I attended Kellie-Jay was sprayed by water by one if the TRAs which she reported to the police.
Well done to her, that cant have been fun. Personally I do tend to keep within the laws and rules so I completely understand.

The fun bit though about Suffragette history was the difference between how different groups behaved. And everyone involved thought their way was best and the way that won them the votes!!
There were the sensible well behaved women who debated and kept within the rules, as exemplified by Sylvia Pankhurst and her followers, and then there were more aggressive and militant women who broke windows, chained themselves to lightposts, and generally caused a nuisance, these were the ones who ended up in prisons on hunger strikes. These were more the followers of Christobel Pankhurst I think!

At times I am sure the lines were fluid though, and maybe you need both, sensible discussion and civil disobedience to force people to make changes/see sense?
Especially perhaps at the moment, when the police seem to be so ineffectual and ........full of bad policemen!

Reactions: 9
Susie Dent on Twitter - I wonder if she had any people in mind when choosing this word ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m slowly getting to this point as well. We had a guy join our team recently and, although he didn’t explicitly say he’s a TRA, he immediately included his pronouns in his email signature and deliberately starts conversations to trip people up if they “misgender” someone or say something that’s not perfectly aligned with his narrow views. He makes constant thinly veiled threats about reporting people to HR which he tries to pass off as jokes. He’s the only man in our team and it’s so obvious he knows he holds a degree of power over us, especially in this current climate, and he particularly targets older women. Bit by bit we’re all becoming more vocal but there’s always the underlying fear of losing your job. It’s incredibly sinister.
Is he still under probation? All of you get together & complain to H.R. ( being careful , of course, how you all come across)

Reactions: 16

I second the writing down of each time he does this. In time he'll probably cause a few tears etc, if you then have a catalogue of all the times he's tried to intimidate and get someone in trouble, it's evidence that HR can use. A colleague of mine is compiling a list of times another colleague bullies her, because at the minute the boss is burying their head in the sand about it. My colleague hopes to be able to go to HR soon with evidence that both the bully is carrying on and that her boss is not doing anything about it despite being asked.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Is he still under probation? All of you get together & complain to H.R. ( being careful , of course, how you all come across)
I would agree with this but HR probably wouldn't do anything. A word in the manager's ear might be a good idea before this, but of course that depends on how good the line manager is and if they are likely to be sympathetic.

A man like that can easily ruin a team. He has no right to join a team and then intimidate staff or make them feel uncomfortable. The manager might find that half of his staff don't like feeling oppressed by a newcomer and want to leave. The manager should tell him to back off and keep his views to himself because nobody goes to work to be indoctrinated.

Reactions: 17
I have been reading and watching, horrified, over the rapist being housed in a female prison. I really hope this awful situation will help peak lots of others.

I have said before that sometimes I feel like this nonsense is all in my head and it can't possibly be this bad in real life but it is beginning to pervade everything. I just registered for a webinar for work via eventbrite , and the little graphic that I got to show my order confirmation is blatantly a man in a dress, with boobs and pink hair. Like, why? What? What does that even have to do with booking webinar tickets about something completely unrelated.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I would also suggest to the others to grey-rock this guy, refuse to talk to him about anything other than the task in hand. Less ammo / words for him to twist.

---

I have been reading and watching, horrified, over the rapist being housed in a female prison. I really hope this awful situation will help peak lots of others.

I have said before that sometimes I feel like this nonsense is all in my head and it can't possibly be this bad in real life but it is beginning to pervade everything. I just registered for a webinar for work via eventbrite , and the little graphic that I got to show my order confirmation is blatantly a man in a dress, with boobs and pink hair. Like, why? What? What does that even have to do with booking webinar tickets about something completely unrelated.
I think a lot of graphic designers these days / social media content staffers seem to be woke. I bet a they/them created that little graphic for the order confirmation. Bet you anything.

Reactions: 11
In all of this, the one thing that makes me despair the most is the rafts of women supporting it. It wouldn't have taken hold to anything like the extent it has if the stupid bloody cows weren't out there 'being kind' to blokes that bleeping hate us who are 'born in the wrong body'.

Did the suffragette movement face a backlash? were there swathes of women saying they didn't want to vote? some of my sex just disgust me. Yes, I agree it's a patriarchal society and women are conditioned to be like this but open your bloody eyes women!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
In all of this, the one thing that makes me despair the most is the rafts of women supporting it. It wouldn't have taken hold to anything like the extent it has if the stupid bloody cows weren't out there 'being kind' to blokes that bleeping hate us who are 'born in the wrong body'.

Did the suffragette movement face a backlash? were there swathes of women saying they didn't want to vote? some of my sex just disgust me. Yes, I agree it's a patriarchal society and women are conditioned to be like this but open your bloody eyes women!
I think that there probably were women at the time who thought it was all very unladylike and might have sided with their husbands views that politics were not something women should get involved in. Sadly there are always women who put the needs of men above those of women.

• Sad

I know two ladies from a choir I used to go to years ago. They are all BE KIND and TWAW... They told me once about their childhood and early adult life. One of them had been raped and abused physically and emotionally by a narcissistic male partner, and one had a terrible father who would beat her throughout childhood . You'd think due to their harrowing experience that they would be wary about supporting a cause that permits men in womens changing rooms, prisons, and shames transitioning into putting up with a transitioning partner... And telling women to shut up...

But no, they constantly yell "transphobiaaaaa" at everything. I don't speak to them now but still have their facebook posts come up with them defending it all "because feelings". It really makes me roll my eyes so hard.

How can you have experienced something so horrible, for so long, and ignore other women who are crying out for safeguarding?!?! Make it make sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

It's to force it all down everyone throats, while simultaneously tambourine-slapping on the pc/woke bandwagon. All about ticking boxes, nowadays. Drive me up the bleeping wall.

Common sense prevails
Bet the TRAs turn on Sturgeon now. Good, let's hope other males are not sent to women's prisons either. Apologies for multiple posts today, I am thoroughly pissed off by society at the moment 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.