Gender Discussion #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really pleased to see ‘terfism’ being validated recently 😙 I don’t post to fb much but if I did, I would feel 100% confident posing something about this bleeping mess of male rapists being put amongst women in ANY setting (college course or prison!). Previously I would have been too scared to out my views. Who on earth would look at a photo of a facial tattooed, shaped like a rock MAN with a clear dick outline in a poor wig and pink clothes (don’t we all wear whole outfits in barbie pink?) and think A: he is a woman B: he should go in a woman’s prison C: ESPECIALLY after the crimes were rape? Who?!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Both video clips are so good.

Well worth watching. 👍🏻
I particularly liked “That is a rhetorical manoeuvre generally known as whataboutery”. LOL. God how I wish some other people would talk to politicians like that! That SNP robot is basically using the argument that Jack the Ripper isn’t so bad because they (note no presumption of gender) only murdered 5 whereas Ted Bundy murdered 30.

Reactions: 17
I’m really pleased to see ‘terfism’ being validated recently 😙 I don’t post to fb much but if I did, I would feel 100% confident posing something about this bleeping mess of male rapists being put amongst women in ANY setting (college course or prison!). Previously I would have been too scared to out my views. Who on earth would look at a photo of a facial tattooed, shaped like a rock MAN with a clear dick outline in a poor wig and pink clothes (don’t we all wear whole outfits in barbie pink?) and think A: he is a woman B: he should go in a woman’s prison C: ESPECIALLY after the crimes were rape? Who?!
Remember this is 2023, you don’t need to provide any logical basis to an argument, it’s now all about the feels, and any argument can be simply shut down by claiming distress or transphobia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The sports thing is why i went terf. when i was younger I was a decent athlete in one of the sports that had a lot of high profile trans stuff recently (cycling), and it made me look into it all. I only coach and ride for fun (and do a bit of cx for a laugh) these days, but don't want my athletes to have to deal with men on the track. Luckily, there have been a number of high profile female cyclists who are unafraid to be public about their views, but there are many more with terfy opinions who just keep quiet so as to not rock the boat with sponsors etc.

I also have a STEM PhD. I have found no reputable studies so far that show trans athletes have no advantage. Happy to read anything anyone supplies and critique or explain anything people need clarity on.
Yep it was the brave and stunning Rachel McKinnon that peaked me. The trans issue wasn’t really on my radar but my interest in cycling meant he caught my interest, I think on MN thread in 2018.

10 years ago I actually interviewed for a job at British Cycling relating to a project on Women’s participation in cycling and had to do a presentation on barriers for women and ways to increase participation. All the research I did back then, the trans issue never came up. The irony now is BC have made decisions that have probably done far more harm to women’s cycling in the past ten years than there were to begin with.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Remember this is 2023, you don’t need to provide any logical basis to an argument, it’s now all about the feels, and any argument can be simply shut down by claiming distress or transphobia.
Not true, if you are confident in your argument then you can dispel the accusations. Transphobia has been used to shut women up, but it is an over used and highly undefined term that no longer works.

You will only be shut down if you allow yourself to be intimidated (usually by a blue haired twit or a misogynistic male)

Reactions: 14
Yep it was the brave and stunning Rachel McKinnon that peaked me. The trans issue wasn’t really on my radar but my interest in cycling meant he caught my interest, I think on MN thread in 2018.

10 years ago I actually interviewed for a job at British Cycling relating to a project on Women’s participation in cycling and had to do a presentation on barriers for women and ways to increase participation. All the research I did back then, the trans issue never came up. The irony now is BC have made decisions that have probably done far more harm to women’s cycling in the past ten years than there were to begin with.
And there's nothing wrong with trying a new angle with something to make improvements BUT when it's obvious from the start it would be a worse outcome but it goes ahead, bulldozing through decades of old rules and legitimate opposing opinions..... NO.

Reactions: 8
Both video clips are so good.

Well worth watching. 👍🏻
I know I should probably feel some second-hand embarrassment on behalf of Anum Qaisar, but instead I’m wondering a) how was someone so inept allowed to speak publicly on issues she has no intellectual capacity to understand, and b) when she later reflected on this exchange, did she feel that she’d done an excellent job under the circumstances but was bullied by a nasty terf, or does she have an element of awareness of how embarrassingly out of her depth she was?

• Haha
I wonder what his goal is and who it is he’s trying to attract with his wee fairy lights, animal handbag and mean girls poster? This creep should never be allowed within 100 feet of female only spaces or schools.
Crikey, he's the type you give a wide berth at the bus stop or supermarket 😬 All is not well with him.

Sorry if already shared. Awful!
And it's not even that trans women are being excluded...

There is no space for them in women's sport or women's spaces because they are not women.

This is a very important point. You can't exclude someone who isn't a woman, because they do not fit the criteria to begin with. They can argue TWAW until they're blue in the face but it simply isn't true.

Isn't it funny that they ALWAYS demand that women welcome them with open arms into our spaces, because men's spaces wouldn't be safe? Why not argue for men's spaces to be inclusive? It's because they want access to OUR spaces, not because they want to feel comfortable. There are many many other options available but it always comes back to wanting to be included in single sex spaces.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This is why it’s important to move away from “trans women” - “trans women don’t belong in women’s sport” sounds, to an untrained ear, unfair. “Male people don’t belong in women’s sport” isn’t just more convincing, it’s also more accurate.

the reason to exclude trans women from women’s sport isn’t transness, it’s because they are male - so they’re excluded for exactly the same reason I am, and that’s fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
This is so disturbing I had to stop reading. Makes my blood run cold to imagine being pregnant without my consent, as though that is comparable to a liver transplant. They’re two totally different things! What about my husband & family, seeing me be pregnant and prolonging my death? Women don’t even deserve dignity in death FFS.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

There is no space for them in women's sport or women's spaces because they are not women.

This is a very important point. You can't exclude someone who isn't a woman, because they do not fit the criteria to begin with. They can argue TWAW until they're blue in the face but it simply isn't true.

Isn't it funny that they ALWAYS demand that women welcome them with open arms into our spaces, because men's spaces wouldn't be safe? Why not argue for men's spaces to be inclusive? It's because they want access to OUR spaces, not because they want to feel comfortable. There are many many other options available but it always comes back to wanting to be included in single sex spaces.
That's what fries my brain.

I remember on a previous thread someone posting about being expected to share toilet facilities at work with a guy who had decided he was now a woman, and started to dress accordingly.

So let's say, on Monday he was working with and presumably friendly with male colleagues, when dressed as a man. But Tuesday when wearing a dress, those same male colleagues / friends are suddenly a threat to him and he can no longer use the same toilet facilities as them 🙄😡. Give me strength.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The fragility of these people! I feel the bizarre inability of adults - whether trans or not - to cope with ordinary life experiences like accepting not everyone will like them or want to shag them or agree with them etc is going to be the downfall of society.

I mean how very dare a lesbian suggest she likes women or vaginas rather than men/penises!? What a soul-crushing experience for all the men who want to shag women while pretending they're actually women and lesbians. If only there was a way all these beautiful "ladies" could find other "ladies" who believe a man is a woman and a willy is an important body part for a lesbian to possess...but oddly enough the TiM don't appear to be into hairy, beer bellied women with penises. I wonder why?

• Heart

Because the majority are autogynephiles. They need the validation from women to get their sexual euphoria. This tit show all stems from these middle aged billionaires who wanted the biggest high of all. Then they joined with the medical conglomerates to start trans-ing the children. Then they paid for the T to be added to LGB globally. The original LGB charities were already well placed to infiltrate kids and businesses, as they had spent years with their genuine and sincere efforts to gain basic human rights for LGB people. This has been a well funded and deeply concerted effort to change society from the babies up. These children are now the ones being put on puberty blockers and having the experimental surgeries. It's shameful.

1675271596158.png

I see a man telling women what to do 🙄 Quelle surprise!

wtf is a mascara wand anyway... I lose track of all the words these days. Leave lesbians alone!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.