Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eddie Izzard has landed the role of "Sherlock Holmes". How convenient that he slips into "boy mode" for prestigious and WELL PAID acting jobs that he would never be offered while in his "girl mode" phase. Tosser. Hypocrite.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Eddie Izzard has landed the role of "Sherlock Holmes". How convenient that he slips into "boy mode" for prestigious and WELL PAID acting jobs that he would never be offered while in his "girl mode" phase. Tosser. Hypocrite.
He'll also probably get voted in as MP because of his celeb status/novelty factor. The guy is one smug ego who benefits from flicking between boy mode and girl mode. I bet it's hard to be around such an ego like that. Insufferable.

I like Sherlock Holmes stuff but I will not be watching this.

Reactions: 27
Saw this on twitter, not sure if it’s been posted here. Some more in the psychiatrists presentation

I don’t think this person is a TIF. I still haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere other than this thread, and I don’t hear that tell-tale froggy voice in the video clips. He’s a man.

Reactions: 2
Ugh, insufferable.

Yes, let’s just halve the chance of females being recognised for their art by making it one category. :rolleyes: This woman has been in the Crown, and unknown before and I doubt many care what she is in next, but now she’s calling out that sex based categories should be gender bolloxed :rolleyes: You’ve been on the scene about 5 mins, dear.

• Angry
Reactions: 26
Ugh, insufferable.

Yes, let’s just halve the chance of females being recognised for their art by making it one category. :rolleyes: This woman has been in the Crown, and unknown before and I doubt many care what she is in next, but now she’s calling out that sex based categories should be gender bolloxed :rolleyes: You’ve been on the scene about 5 mins, dear.
It wouldn't even just half it, the whole point in female categories is that mixed ones just automatically become men's. These women have no bloody idea.

• Angry
Reactions: 29
Thank you for being so open with us. Like the others said, have you met any young transgender people and had these conversations? I'm sure they could learn a lot from you. Its interesting, I'm sure older gay people must feel the same in some respects about not thinking younger members of their community couldn't go through what they went through back when. Se

How do you feel in the knowledge that a lot of people in this thread and the wider world don't want you sharing spaces with the gender that you transitioned to?
If you had bothered reading the thread or indeed done some of your own research you would have quickly found out that the current trans cult hate people like Jayceedove with a passion. That if they catching up with older transitioners that they have to meet in secret or they would be met with violence and intimidation similar to what woman are greeted with should they wish to discuss woman's rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It wouldn't even just half it, the whole point in female categories is that mixed ones just automatically become men's. These women have no bloody idea.
Or a woman will win the first mixed award just to prove that it isn’t a man’s category. Going forward men will dominate though.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Ugh, insufferable.

What the hell is she wearing in the second image!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ugh, insufferable.

The whole point it was separated was to ensure women were recognised. When the Oscar’s were established it was understood women would be underrepresented in a mixed competition.

‘Doctor of what? Her first name could be doctor’

Reactions: 8
Ugh, insufferable.

This really bothers me. Because she has decided she’s nonbinary (not even a thing), then we’ve all to wipe out male and female categories. How bloody selfish is that. Like Sam Smith did with the brits. Oh I’m non binary now so how will I win an award? Oh I know I’ll campaign for InCluSiViTy and get male and female categories scrapped. Job done. I’m ready for my award now 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 24
This really bothers me. Because she has decided she’s nonbinary (not even a thing), then we’ve all to wipe out male and female categories. How bloody selfish is that. Like Sam Smith did with the brits. Oh I’m non binary now so how will I win an award? Oh I know I’ll campaign for InCluSiViTy and get male and female categories scrapped. Job done. I’m ready for my award now 🙄🙄🙄
Spot on, I bet she hopes it will be awarded to her because she has "raised it" 🙄

I swear the gender ideology legitimises a lot of egotistical behaviour. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you for the posts and questions above.

As someone noted,todays trans people mostly do not want advice from those who have been around.

I have tried but am often blocked by them. I think I was one of the first people blocked by India Willoughby when they were on Big Brother.

I am on lists trans people create for what they call Terfs which is both hilariously absurd and really sad at the same time. So most of them never even see anything I might post. How that is learning from the past I have no idea. But it is what it is.

I am sure there are decent trans people in the midst of this madness who would benefit from some advice - one reason I post here as they might see it - but if they have sense they are staying off social media as it is not helping anyone to create a sieige mentality blaming women for the consequences of their own ideology causing the problems that it does.

So those who are sucked in to all this need to call it out themselves from within. Though they would likely get the same response if they try. Cults exclude anyone who disagrees. It has unfortunately turned into this because of social media and will inevitably implode. And take good people with it sadly. But imo it has to do that because the mess they have created is unsustainable. And we cannot build anything better until the nonsense disappears by being fought from within by those who wake up to why it is harming them instead of helping.

The irony is people like India think they are pioneers as the first trans person to do X, Y or Z. The truth is they might just be the first person to do those things whilst declaring themselves trans.

I know there are transsexuals who were real pioneers but just as themselves not telling the planet they were trans so as to get a leg up. Some people may have known. Others not. The point was we did things as ourselves and not use the fact we were transsexual to gain sympathy or special treatment or be offered a job because it would bring something woke publicity.

I am not remotely famous but have done a few things in the public eye on a range of topics - none trans related - and by consequence of my work appeared on places like Woman's Hour for example decades ago. They knew I was transsexual. But neither they nor I mentioned it on air. It literally was not relevant to the context of the programme.

When I was on an arts TV show presented by someone who knew me well he asked if he could question me about being trans. This was 30 years ago. I said yes only because I trusted him. The only time in many interviews that happened. But happily he never did ask on air. Afterwards he just smiled and said there were too many more interesting things to talk about.

He knew this was the philosophy I had lived by.

But I guess in this fame and fortune hungry world today it is asking a bit much for people not to see trans status as a self selling advantage. But I am not sorry I stuck to my principles to get any work on merit. Being transseexual was a thing I faced long ago and then moved on from. I was not going to revive the trauma so as to make money or seek fame. The least attention I got the happier I was.

Sadly it is now very much in your face and at risk of becoming the core of all trans peoples entire existence.

I do not see that as a good thing. If you build your life on sand there are problems when the tide comes in.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Afterwards he just smiled and said there were too many more interesting things to talk about.
This was such a lovely line, it grew big a smile. You have a fantastic ability to write with poise and wisdom, thank you for taking the time to talk and answer questions. Its a shame that younger people don't see the benefit of learning from your life and what you've learned about the world.

The change of term from transexual to transgender, was it something that bemused you? One of the big things that people stand up in here for is women only spaces, I get the impression you just get on with your life and pay no heed to the people and go your own way in sharing single sex spaces. If you were forced to go back by their wishes to the spaces of your birth sex, would that be difficult? Thank you again for your time, its valuable.

You genuinely don't get it, do you. Very few current 'Trans' want to learn anything from people like @Jayceedove because they don't actually suffer from Dysphoria, they just want the ability to force their fetish onto the general public and women in particular with no consequences to themselves. The vast majority are what we would've termed creeps 20 years ago. It's disturbing how many people cannot see this.
I could approach the conversations on here with this less of condescension but I don' really think that gets anywhere.

If you had bothered reading the thread or indeed done some of your own research you would have quickly found out that the current trans cult hate people like Jayceedove with a passion. That if they catching up with older transitioners that they have to meet in secret or they would be met with violence and intimidation similar to what woman are greeted with should they wish to discuss woman's rights.
I have read the thread, in fact someone asked the same question moments before but because it was me its an issue? If I rose up to patronising you all in here you would explode.

Anyway, I can see how people would think that the whole world of a certain group of people is a certain way if thats all they are pushed online. The internet fits our narrative blissfully if we want it to. But example above again. Someone posts a photo to perpetuate that a person they disagree with is trans. Pitchforks! Oh wait, thats a trans person who was murdered less than seven days ago.

That top photo is of one of the victims from the shooting in Colorado Springs I believe, not Dr Hartland.

(the selfies are Hartland though)
Ah ok I’m sorry. I did also read on one of Graham Linehan’s posts that Dr H was a trans man but i didn’t think that was a good source and I know some people don’t like Glinner. And I found an article including this person in the most influential LGBTQ people in Bristol, but it didn’t state why he is included, and I suppose he could be a gay man. If I happen to see any proper proof I’ll post it but otherwise 🤐

Ah ok I’m sorry. I did also read on one of Graham Linehan’s posts that Dr H was a trans man but i didn’t think that was a good source and I know some people don’t like Glinner. And I found an article including this person in the most influential LGBTQ people in Bristol, but it didn’t state why he is included, and I suppose he could be a gay man. If I happen to see any proper proof I’ll post it but otherwise 🤐
Yeah I don't know about Hartland. Just thought it worth clarifying who is in the photo.

This was such a lovely line, it grew big a smile. You have a fantastic ability to write with poise and wisdom, thank you for taking the time to talk and answer questions. Its a shame that younger people don't see the benefit of learning from your life and what you've learned about the world.

The change of term from transexual to transgender, was it something that bemused you? One of the big things that people stand up in here for is women only spaces, I get the impression you just get on with your life and pay no heed to the people and go your own way in sharing single sex spaces. If you were forced to go back by their wishes to the spaces of your birth sex, would that be difficult? Thank you again for your time, its valuable.

I could approach the conversations on here with this less of condescension but I don' really think that gets anywhere.

I have read the thread, in fact someone asked the same question moments before but because it was me its an issue? If I rose up to patronising you all in here you would explode.

Anyway, I can see how people would think that the whole world of a certain group of people is a certain way if thats all they are pushed online. The internet fits our narrative blissfully if we want it to. But example above again. Someone posts a photo to perpetuate that a person they disagree with is trans. Pitchforks! Oh wait, thats a trans person who was murdered less than seven days ago.
If you had read the thread it begs the question why are you asking that question? That is a hypothetical question as you are incapable of answering questions.

Within this discussion there are probably quite a few people that would have said JK Rowling was transphobic 2, 3 or whatever years ago but having done reading on their own have come to the opposite opinion (JK is just an example). The group for many here is the only forum that allows them to articulate their viewpoints that have evolved over time through many interactions. Despite it being explained to you on numerous occasions that any viewpoint does correlate with how we view the whole group you ignore that. You continually (poorly) try to paint us as people that have never interacted with any trans person whilst your viewpoint is the right one as you have experienced X, Y and Z.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.