Gender Discussion #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the original title was seen as commercially unviable. According to Stieg Larsson's partner, even the original Swedish publishers tried to change it, but he wouldn't let them. Then he died so international publishers did what they wanted I guess...I know the Latin American version had the title changed but the Spanish one didn't, but not sure which other versions changed it.
Interesting thank you! commercially unviable but the world we have to live in, how depressing

Reactions: 6
They’ve put the word “women” back into the job title after Truss removed it, then? Good.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m just wondering, how do far left women not find this creepy?he looks like he could be the fourth witch in Hocus Pocus (Happy early Halloween 🎃)
C766CAEF-D865-4B16-BE2F-C8E9F44CC75C.jpeg
Dylan is 25 and Im 6 years younger, the last time i played with dolls was 10 years ago💀THIS IS AN ADULT MAN💀💀💀 HOW ARE PEOPLE THINKING THIS IS NORMAL???

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
If my husband announced he was a transvestite or a trans woman, I would never stay and put up with his predilection or kink or whatever it is. I work give a shiny shite whether I was labelled transphobic or unaccepting of someone’s kink. The wives in this scenario seem to be expected to put aside their own needs or desires - it all becomes about him and what he wants. No way would I stay, no way would I care what I was called, I would be utterly repulsed and feel widowed, that the man I thought I knew was a mirage. I would rather be called transphobic rather than a mug. Each to their own, but it would not be for me or in my best interests.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
They’ve put the word “women” back into the job title after Truss removed it, then? Good.
Obviously I am happy about this, but how sad is it that this is something we have to value ?! My mum who went to women's marches in the 1970s would not see this as progress

If my husband announced he was a transvestite or a trans woman, I would never stay and put up with his predilection or kink or whatever it is. I work give a shiny shite whether I was labelled transphobic or unaccepting of someone’s kink. The wives in this scenario seem to be expected to put aside their own needs or desires - it all becomes about him and what he wants. No way would I stay, no way would I care what I was called, I would be utterly repulsed and feel widowed, that the man I thought I knew was a mirage. I would rather be called transphobic rather than a mug. Each to their own, but it would not be for me or in my best interests.
This is the thing, it would be like your partner (male or female) deciding they were really into BDSM/deciding to vote UKIP or something, you don't have to just accept anything you didn't agree to before, why this is seen differnt;y makes me really annoyed

Reactions: 20
Kemi Badenoch argued against buffer zones around abortion clinics. I'm not sure she's all that in terms of equality?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m just wondering, how do far left women not find this creepy?he looks like he could be the fourth witch in Hocus Pocus (Happy early Halloween 🎃)
View attachment 1678020 Dylan is 25 and Im 6 years younger, the last time i played with dolls was 10 years ago💀THIS IS AN ADULT MAN💀💀💀 HOW ARE PEOPLE THINKING THIS IS NORMAL???
Idk how to articulate this but I went on tiktok and had a look as a mother of a daughter the girlhood thing worried me in case it was n*nce adjacent. It doesn’t appear to be but I agree it is creepy. But this content is hyper consumerism dressed up as radical candour / activism, surely? There’s just so much stuff, there’s even a clip where there’s a trader Joe’s haul because it’s day x of girlhood. It’s hard to find a journey sincere when it’s largely about the acquisition of goods representing what this person perceives to be a girlhood?

This content must also cost a lot and take a lot of time, how is it funded?

Reactions: 16
She’s not, and I don’t think she’s trustworthy unfortunately. She’s better than some, but I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop for sure.

Reactions: 6
Just been watching Jimmy Carr destroys art (was on after bake off) and the premise is that they pit two controversial artworks against each other to see which gets destroyed.

They had a piece by Rachel Dolezal and another historical piece that depicted black Americans in a very negative and racist way.

It was quite interesting the woman who was defending the Dolezal piece mentioned about people being able to self identify for other things than race. So why is Dolezal criticised but others praised. She said Dolezal "may be a pioneer". Now I don't think she believes this for a second, but it certainly felt like a criticism of gender identity without her actually saying the words.

She was also vocal about cancel culture and hiw ridiculous it is as everyone makes mistakes, which was refreshing.

Reactions: 13
Idk how to articulate this but I went on tiktok and had a look as a mother of a daughter the girlhood thing worried me in case it was n*nce adjacent. It doesn’t appear to be but I agree it is creepy. But this content is hyper consumerism dressed up as radical candour / activism, surely? There’s just so much stuff, there’s even a clip where there’s a trader Joe’s haul because it’s day x of girlhood. It’s hard to find a journey sincere when it’s largely about the acquisition of goods representing what this person perceives to be a girlhood?

This content must also cost a lot and take a lot of time, how is it funded?
He’s a consummate grifter. He gets an absolute ton of stuff ‘gifted’ to him and a lot of ad revenue, referrals and promo fees. One time he got gifted a massive load of Barbies from Mattel. I mean there are kids growing up in poverty who have hardly any toys to play with, but sure, let’s give a load of free stuff to a grown adult bloke in a frock who’s only been a ‘girl’ since March.
He probably sells a lot of the stuff he gets given too, most influencer types do.
Personally I do think there’s something really creepy about him and I do think it’s a bit poncy. He’s a gay man, when he was identifying as a gay man he was a self described ‘twink’ aiming to attract men who liked much younger men. Now he’s identifying as a woman he describes himself as a ‘girl’ - he’s STILL aiming to attract men who prefer much younger partners. He might not be that way inclined himself but he’s still promoting that dynamic of ‘age play’ or whatever weasel word they call it now.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
If this guys feels unsafe because women gather together to discuss women’s issues, maybe he should think about what it’s like for WOMEN to walk around alone at night….

That’s what feeling unsafe actually feels like.

Some wee dweeb TRA snowflake blocked me today. Apparently the women meeting in Cardiff made him/her/it “feel unsafe” I suggested they should learn to have a bit of stoicism and fortitude and they didn’t like it. These young people don’t seem equipped to deal with life, a lot worse things will happen than a bunch of women discussing things that affect them.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.