Gender Discussion #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And today’s first Twitter scroll finds us this disgusting man ( paedophile I’d say ) who identifies as a baby, getting chucked out of a childrens area in an American park.
His nappy seems to be full.
These men are dangerous and gross.
HELLPPP WHAT IS THIS??? 😭 😭 😭
This is what happens when you allow self ID.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I see little OJ (not a murderer) thinks the people at the LGB alliance conference didn’t look gay enough for him 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah I think that's naively optimistic @Cucumberthunder I don't have any faith that a Labour government would be any better for women than the Tories have been (which is of course not great).
I just don't agree - they will be better for the sorts of services that overwhelmingly benefit women - their workforce plan for healthcare will benefit doctors and nurses - nurses are mainly women and women outnumber men in medical school so eventually this will benefit women too.

Their plans for the care sector benefit the women employed in it and the women that carry the most care work. Same for their plans for childcare. And none of that will benefit TIM because we know they don't give a tit about any of the work women end up doing

The equal pay act was put forward by a Labour govt and updated by a Labour govt - and has been used to fight many battles for women.

Yes there are some captured people in the a Labour party but there are cabinet ministers who are anti-abortion, JRM (although no longer cabinet) proudly boasted about never changing a nappy, so many sex scandals (labour aren't completely without blemishes on this I'll grant you) - how can we expect any real action on sexual assault? Plus the general mess they've made of this country has screwed us all over, regardless of sex.

Being able to define women in a TV interview doesn't mean they'll do anything better for them.

Labour are far from perfect but single issue voting is not the way to go on this one IMO.

*Gets off soapbox and back to work*

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And today’s first Twitter scroll finds us this disgusting man ( paedophile I’d say ) who identifies as a baby, getting chucked out of a childrens area in an American park.
This is so upsetting. Parks are v important social assets and are godsends for mums (and lbr it’s the mums who take the burden of child rearing) - if you’d have stumbled upon this you’d be terrified and never go back to that park or go in pairs. How damaging for us all.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ricky Gervais is definitely an ally. As well as Afterlife his 2 latest stand up shows on Netflix also have moments in them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I just don't agree - they will be better for the sorts of services that overwhelmingly benefit women - their workforce plan for healthcare will benefit doctors and nurses - nurses are mainly women and women outnumber men in medical school so eventually this will benefit women too.

Their plans for the care sector benefit the women employed in it and the women that carry the most care work. Same for their plans for childcare. And none of that will benefit TIM because we know they don't give a tit about any of the work women end up doing

The equal pay act was put forward by a Labour govt and updated by a Labour govt - and has been used to fight many battles for women.

Yes there are some captured people in the a Labour party but there are cabinet ministers who are anti-abortion, JRM (although no longer cabinet) proudly boasted about never changing a nappy, so many sex scandals (labour aren't completely without blemishes on this I'll grant you) - how can we expect any real action on sexual assault? Plus the general mess they've made of this country has screwed us all over, regardless of sex.

Being able to define women in a TV interview doesn't mean they'll do anything better for them.

Labour are far from perfect but single issue voting is not the way to go on this one IMO.

They need to man up (pun intended) and enforce a ban on self ID and stop refusing to properly define a woman. That's the crux of it and that is the only way they will get my vote. Do we really believe that Angela Rayner thinks a woman is 'anyone who thinks they are'? No, not really. The ability to properly define women and to stop dehumanising us is at the very root of being on the side of women, otherwise we are in a bleeping dangerous place that is only going to get worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ricky Gervais is definitely an ally. As well as Afterlife his 2 latest stand up shows on Netflix also have moments in them.
I love him - mainly because he's such an advocate for animal rights but also because he just speaks so much sense in a sometimes very non-sensical world.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Tomorrow I am going to identify as an MP and walk into the House of Parliament.

Might have been shared before

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm going to identify as a non dom millionaire and stop paying taxes 😅

I've noticed a few people I (used to ) follow on social media equating kanye west's anti semitiism with Jr Rowling and hwr "transphobia", totally ridiculous, anyone else seen this?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

I respect your optimism regarding Labours proposed policies, I just don’t share it. I also think it does matter that they’re unwilling to be clear on how they define a woman. Not to mention Labour held Mayoral cities like London have been dreadfully disappointing when it comes to sexual assault and violence against women.

This doesn’t mean I’d vote for a Tory candidate. Or an SNP candidate for that matter (oh the joys of Scotland!). I think all the major parties are tit in different ways 😆

Reactions: 14
Those that came here from the Digital Spy forums will know of a certain prolific and protected UK based forum member who made posts about doing similar.

Reactions: 4

Might have been shared before
“You’re not trans, you’re having a break down.” - can we get car stickers of this? 🤣
I might identify as being blind though, can’t do my job if I can’t see! Hello, benefit system.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love him - mainly because he's such an advocate for animal rights but also because he just speaks so much sense in a sometimes very non-sensical world.
Same here, if he never ever made me laugh again, I would still adore him for his advocacy for animals. Good Man Ricky and of course Jane. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.