Gender Discussion #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are flying through these threads. Don’t have time for a round up if someone else would kindly oblige.

Reactions: 10
So I'm jumping in here because I don't really understand and Jessica Alves. Ready to be educated.

Reactions: 11
So I'm jumping in here because I don't really understand and Jessica Alves. Ready to be educated.
You'll get all the info here!

Round up: Mermaids will be lucky to see the year out, usual suspects rather silent on the MAP credentials of their trustee. Protest from For Women Scotland outside Scottish Parliament, JKR wore Sturgeon destroyer of women's rights t shirt, Sturgeon angrily says JKR isn't a real feminist 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My workplace has just announced today that we can add pronouns to our email signatures if we want to. But they did say there's no pressure or expectation to do so.

Which is just as well because I won't be adding them. If colleagues can't tell I'm a man from my face and name, they need an urgent visit to Specsavers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Roundup of the last thread, off the top of my head.

- Mermaids, the charity who thinks gender non-conforming kids are transgender and should be medicated accordingly, took LGB Alliance to court to try and strip it of its charity status, because any group that doesn't explicitly include transgender people is a "hate group", even if set up by and for LGB people. The court transcripts are embarassing (for Mermaids) as, unsurpsingly, gender ideology does not stand up to logical scrutiny. No result yet.

- The above has led to some scrutiny of Mermaids, who it was discovered had been sending breast binders to children without their parents' knowledge or consent, and Mermaids' forum moderators had been encouraging young forum users to take conversations onto Discord, totally throwing child safeguarding out of the window. The Telegraph are onto this.

- It was then discovered that one of Mermaids' trustees is an academic with a history of writing about his sexual interest in children over a series of blog posts, and had done talks for paedophile-sympathising groups. Somehow, TRAs on Twitter are still defending this.

- Swivel eyed cross-dressing former gay male and attention-seeking Tik Tokker Dylan Mulvaney, who has been an embarassing cariacature of "a woman" for approximately 13 seconds, was invited to speak at the Forbes Power Women's Summit. Comments online were pleasingly disapproving.

- Canadian trans teacher Kayla Lemieux hit the press for working in a school while wearing obscenely large prosthetic anime breasts complete with giant erect nipples you could hang your coat on. Rumour has it he's a disgruntled man, who, tired of the proliferation of gender ideology and being reprimanded for "toxic masculinity", decided to take the piss and see if anyone would step in. How true that is remains to be seen - either that or he's an AGP left unchecked, as per.

- There have been reports of women being harassed in Primark fitting rooms since they've been made gender-neutral. Primark's response to this, is to divide them into men's and women's again, but say a woman is anyone who identifies as one, thus changing precisely nothing.

- Sussex Police came under fire for reporting on the conviction of a male paedophile who'd abused several children using his preferred pronouns, then doubling down and saying his "gender identity" was irrelevant and any "hate" (from women correctly pointing out the n*nce is in fact male) would be investigated. They got a telling from the Home Secretary and had to apologise.

- Veteran campaigner and Stonewall riots participant Fred Sargent was assaulted by trans activists, despite the fact he literally started the gay rights movement as we know it.

That was longer than expected and I've definitely forgotten something 😂. All in all it did feel like the tide has started to turn recently though... I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
On the last thread (wasn't quick enough to respond before this one was started) another poster was asking if there was a list of all the people/organisations that have supported Mermaids. Don't know how many subscribe to Suzanne Moore's Substack but at the bottom of her latest post here:

Suzanne Moore on Mermaids

There is a link to a Google drive folder with an ongoing list of companies that have supported them in the past - or are now (you need to scroll right down to the bottom of the article - the link won't work from the blog but does from the email it came from - Mermaids support it's out there in public, but of course if this isn't appropriate mods please remove!)

• Heart
The Mermaids trustee can probably be reasonably described as an actual paedophile rather than a paedophile apologist, if his own blog is anything to go by

• Sick
  • Wow
This Jacob Breslow stuff is bleeping disgusting, like I've read it and it is exactly what it appears to be. I'm genuinely horrified by this. He's on sabbatical leave until January 2023 so what, he's just gonna come back in a few months and continue to write this absolute drivel? https://www.lse.ac.uk/gender/contact I'm thinking to write to LSE about this, not sure if anyone else wants to. You could probably involve the psychology and child development departments at LSE in the Jacob Breslow stuff too, like there is no way half of the psychologists and academics there will be OK with this. Mermaids needs to commission a report on themselves on this.

The Mermaids trustee can probably be reasonably described as an actual paedophile rather than a paedophile apologist, if his own blog is anything to go by
Absolutely. The more you read the worse it gets. I got to the post about him not just coming to terms with being gay, but being attracted to children, and gave up.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Yep, I’ve noticed people tiptoeing around this, which is ubderstable, but bleeping hell - let’s be brave enough to call an obvious paedophile a paedophile.

Plenty of LGBTQ+ activists still outraged though. So much DARVO and strawmanning: OMG you can’t say the whole community are paedophiles!

No one is tarnishing the whole community love, just the one. Try condemning him? 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Am so angry right now. My adult birthed human has asked for their inheritance money early (!) to pay for top surgery (from their very elderly grandparents (in their 90’s).
I’m shaking as I’ve just clicked why they want the money.
im so bleeping pissed off!!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Just saw a gushing Twitter thread about how Lizzo playing Thomas Jefferson's flute in the Library of Congress was important partly because she was very simply dressed, in defiance of the idea that "fat people should over-perform gender in order to be considered acceptable!" WTF does gender have to do with it? I would agree that fat people face discrimination and are judged as lazy and sloppy, but you can't have it both ways. Either stop treating "gender" like it's life or death, or stop equating it to a look/aesthetic

Reactions: 22
Am so angry right now. My adult birthed human has asked for their inheritance money early (!) to pay for top surgery (from their very elderly grandparents (in their 90’s).
I’m shaking as I’ve just clicked why they want the money.
im so bleeping pissed off!!
Oh my god, are you okay? How old are they if you don't mind me asking? Hope this isn't patronising but do you need some helpful links/guides/support for yourself (or them)? I'm sure between us we could send you loads. How long have they been talking about this?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought the recent court case was very interesting where a nonbinary-identifying man was cleared of sexually assaulting a male colleague at least partly because the accused is "demisexual" and couldn't sexually assault someone he didn't have strong romantic feelings for. What utter Bullshit! Maybe if more men are the victims of this nonsensical ideology, they'll start paying attention.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Julie Bindel has won her case against Nottingham Council.

Good! How are we ever going to learn if we don't let people speak?

I'd get it if Julie was holding a talk about something that could harm another person, but she was just giving her views.

If you're not interested, don't go, rather than whinge and try to get the event banned.

• Heart
Oh my god, are you okay? How old are they if you don't mind me asking? Hope this isn't patronising but do you need some helpful links/guides/support for yourself (or them)? I'm sure between us we could send you loads. How long have they been talking about this?
They are 27. This has only been a thing(non binary for under 2 years. Before that into fashion, make up etc got in with this lot and has totally changed. If I voice an opinion I’m told to “educate myself “.
Im really not ok, A car, a laptop. THIS?!?! Do I tell the grandparents??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I thought the recent court case was very interesting where a nonbinary-identifying man was cleared of sexually assaulting a male colleague at least partly because the accused is "demisexual" and couldn't sexually assault someone he didn't have strong romantic feelings for. What utter Bullshit! Maybe if more men are the victims of this nonsensical ideology, they'll start paying attention.
I saw this. Outrageous. It's literally a get-out clause. Too lazy to go back and check but i think it was @Phil Anne Throw Pee who said this is where we are headed in response to me saying people will just "identify as innocent" in court.

Good! How are we ever going to learn if we don't let people speak?

I'd get it if Julie was holding a talk about something that could harm another person, but she was just giving her views.

If you're not interested, don't go, rather than whinge and try to get the event banned.
I honestly have no idea what that council was thinking. As soon as she announced her intentions to take it to court, I knew (well, hoped) it was only going to end one way, and it did.

They are 27. This has only been a thing(non binary for under 2 years. Before that into fashion, make up etc got in with this lot and has totally changed. If I voice an opinion I’m told to “educate myself “.
Im really not ok, A car, a laptop. THIS?!?! Do I tell the grandparents??
Oh dear. I'm sadly not surprised that it has only been two years and it has accelerated this much, but also at 27 and assuming they do not have special needs (apologies if offending, I don't know what the correct/'right' way to describe is) they are operating with a fully formed human brain that 16-24 year old's are not. I don't know what to suggest. I really hope it all works out okay. Personally, I would tell the grandparents, even if it's just to buy some more time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.