Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If someone wants to call it chest feeding for themselves, crack on. I’ll refer to it as breastfeeding but if you choose other language that’s your choice - absolutely no need to change the language for everyone else though.

From a stand up I really like Mae Martin. I think she’s a big Bette Midler fan. The patronising tone is off putting. I don’t deny trans women their happiness or anything, be who you want, I am just sick of being told ‘people with uteruses’ is inclusive when it isn’t. I don’t feel seen or included with that phrasing, if you don’t feel ‘women’ is accurate then use both or neither. Don’t tell me what includes me if I am saying it isn’t representative.

6723ED1D-DD52-474C-8D37-32F1DBB3B69E.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22

Question for the evening - who is your dream #TeamTERF celebrity? Mine would be Beyoncé. She's got backlash recently for going to a Dave Chappelle gig but people ignored it because of how popular she is.

The meltdown would be extraordinary!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is just plain stupid. Pronoun policing wasn’t a thing back then, Chandler’s dad was a gay male drag artist, not a trans woman, and if they’re going to apologise for anything (which I don’t think they need to, as the past doesn’t need to be rewritten and erased in every single instance of dated arttitude) it should be the fat shaming and use of ‘slutty’ and ‘gay’ as hilarious slurs.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
If someone wants to call it chest feeding for themselves, crack on. I’ll refer to it as breastfeeding but if you choose other language that’s your choice - absolutely no need to change the language for everyone else though.

From a stand up I really like Mae Martin. I think she’s a big Bette Midler fan. The patronising tone is off putting. I don’t deny trans women their happiness or anything, be who you want, I am just sick of being told ‘people with uteruses’ is inclusive when it isn’t. I don’t feel seen or included with that phrasing, if you don’t feel ‘women’ is accurate then use both or neither. Don’t tell me what includes me if I am saying it isn’t representative.

View attachment 1397217
I'm sorry but what this person is saying is a load of bullshit. Total bullshit. I am not cis because I'm not a subcategory of my own sex. Trans women are not women and have no parallel experience with women. They're nothing to do with women.
I'll probably say more tomorrow. I'm in the middle of The Chronicles of Riddick and I'm going back to it.

Reactions: 30

Question for the evening - who is your dream #TeamTERF celebrity? Mine would be Beyoncé. She's got backlash recently for going to a Dave Chappelle gig but people ignored it because of how popular she is.

Ah, so Macy has hit the ‘“be kind” can get in the bin’ stage, just as I predicted! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
That’s the standard pattern: say something vaguely GC, get roasted by TRAs, apologise, continue to receive hateful threats, realise nothing short of complete capitulation and prostration will ever be good enough, decide ‘be kind’ can get in the bin, go full JKR. 😁
There was not 1 but 2 attempts at an apology tweet, both then deleted.

I wonder if her agent/PR person had a go at writing one on her behalf and she's then gone and deleted it?

Just there was no grey or nuance in what she said (good) seems dumb that she'd even attempt to back pedal (which is what made me think someone else tried to write the apologies on her behalf)

• Sad
Reactions: 13
It’s so bleeping annoying being called transphobic because you want to stand up for women and the language we use to describe ourselves. It makes me so angry! bleeping chest feeding get in the bin!!!!! If you hate your breasts so much you can’t refer to them as such then maybe don’t have a child and breastfeed them??? I’m so proud of my female body and just as I’ve realised how powerful and bleeping majestic it is, these fuckers have come along to tell me to shut up about it!!!!!

edit : Sent an email regarding the ‘patients with a cervix’thing too 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Men telling women to shut up. What's new? :rolleyes:

Oh, and my favourite #TeamTerf would be RuPaul. Can't see it happening though

Reactions: 16
It’s so bleeping annoying being called transphobic because you want to stand up for women and the language we use to describe ourselves. It makes me so angry! bleeping chest feeding get in the bin!!!!! If you hate your breasts so much you can’t refer to them as such then maybe don’t have a child and breastfeed them??? I’m so proud of my female body and just as I’ve realised how powerful and bleeping majestic it is, these fuckers have come along to tell me to shut up about it!!!!!

edit : Sent an email regarding the ‘patients with a cervix’thing too 🙄
I got a response from my MP and the NHS although this was before it all kicked off in the cabinet. NHS says they're working through all their pages and updating to more inclusive language. MP says Sajiv Javid has told NHS to revert back to using Male and Female

Reactions: 21
Hi KillarneyChick 👋. I noticed your post about this thread on Roe v Wade thread;
"I came across the gender discussion thread on here tonight. Cant believe it's allowed on here, the transphobic comments are horrific and it's all very one sided ? But I suppose it's a forum"

Tattlers on the Gender thread are always keen to have an intelligent debate, and we enjoyed your posts earlier in the thread (starting on page 10)
You are welcome back here anytime 😁
Laughable really 😂. "I can't believe people are allowed to believe something different to me!"

The mad thing is, I've spent my entire life voting for political parties who are on the side of transgender people. I've been in a fight defending a young TiM (or a very effeminate lad) from a load of bullying dickheads in a takeaway after a night out. Spent twenty years mostly in the company of LGBT people. I wish transgender people no ill... I simply believe that men can't be women, however strongly they feel about it, and women have a right to single sex spaces. And these people think that view is so horrifying "it shouldn't be allowed"... but somehow we're the fascist bigots.

Free speech and thought isn't just for people you agree with is it. And honestly this thread is one of the more pleasant and respectful on Tattle 😂.

They can never answer how you define being trans without a circular definition or reliance of regressive stereotypes, they can never tell me how many women raped on NHS wards they think are OK as collateral damage for self-ID, they can never justify why they are more horrified by misgendering a rapist than they are attributing a soley male crime to a woman (and revictimising his victim in the process). They can never answer why my participation in a transgender person's identity is required. They bully their transsexual elders who exist in reality and harass traumatised detransitioners. They have no logical answers to the simplest of questions, which is why they never stick around. They're ridiculous and vapid.

Love to my fellow TERFs anyway. Female solidatiry is bloody fantastic ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Would never happen but Taylor Swift

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Would never happen but Taylor Swift
Would love this but I don’t think she is. She’s friends with Tommy Dorfman (creepy looking TiM).

My dream TERFs would be highly respected people like Michelle and Barack Obama.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Men telling women to shut up. What's new? :rolleyes:

Oh, and my favourite #TeamTerf would be RuPaul. Can't see it happening though
(I think he is - just sees $$$$ now - and can barely conceal his contempt for some of the younger queens)

he has had to change so much over the years - they used to get SHE-MAIL - the horror!

Reactions: 14
(I think he is - just sees $$$$ now - and can barely conceal his contempt for some of the younger queens)

he has had to change so much over the years - they used to get SHE-MAIL - the horror!
I don’t follow drag race at all, I’m interested if it’s been noticed by the TRAs that ru paul isn’t a fan?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.