Gender Discussion #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
chest cancer and exams for people with a cervix, but still prostate exams for men
👏👏👏
BREASTS
BREAST Clinic
BREAST Cancer
BREAST Feeding

Will these idiots be renaming medical equipment too? For a start there are two types of urinary catheters- one uniquely designed for females and one uniquely designed for males.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hi KillarneyChick 👋. I noticed your post about this thread on Roe v Wade thread;
"I came across the gender discussion thread on here tonight. Cant believe it's allowed on here, the transphobic comments are horrific and it's all very one sided ? But I suppose it's a forum"

Tattlers on the Gender thread are always keen to have an intelligent debate, and we enjoyed your posts earlier in the thread (starting on page 10)
You are welcome back here anytime 😁
I made some spelling mistakes as I'm a dyslexic. Nit even gonna get into that 😂 yes in a big family of doctors I'm the black sheep lol 🐑 and can't believe someone thought I was lying about my trans cousin having an endocrinologist as a parent 🤣 her dad's in ortho lol.

Thanks for your nice comment ! Seems a bit one sided here though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ru is totally a Terf/Tehm (Trans Exclusionary Homosexual Male), he just loves money more than his morals.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I don’t follow drag race at all, I’m interested if it’s been noticed by the TRAs that ru paul isn’t a fan?
He's had flak from the TRA's for using some language historically that they saw as being t-phobic (there used to be a section called 'you're got she-male'). He's capitulated and the show is now heavy of the T proselytizing but I'm pretty sure he believes exactly 0% of it.

I personally find it depressing watching gay men lose their pride and go into a closet made of gender.

For people I'd love to see go #TeamTerf, Emma Thompson would be good but she's been pro-TRA in the past.

Also please enjoy this burn:

Screenshot_20220706-173304_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I've just come over to this thread and I'd just like to write the following...

I don't know anything regarding the statistics/numbers on the gender/trans population. I live in an area with an average sized high street, I have been served in two different shops by men dressed in women's clothing, and the Hermes courier who delivers to our area is a man dressed in women's clothing. No offense to anyone but I just wonder at times WTH is going on in the world?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I made some spelling mistakes as I'm a dyslexic. Nit even gonna get into that 😂 yes in a big family of doctors I'm the black sheep lol 🐑 and can't believe someone thought I was lying about my trans cousin having an endocrinologist as a parent 🤣 her dad's in ortho lol.

Thanks for your nice comment ! Seems a bit one sided here though.
How one-sided would it be if, as you apparently wish given your comments elsewhere, we weren't "allowed" to voice gender critical views which are legally protected in the UK? Wouldn't that also be one-sided?

(Edit to correct spelling)

Reactions: 23
"Neoclitoris" :sick:
I mean, I admire their commitment. If anyone goes through that they can call themselves a woman sorry :LOL: they must reallyyy want it
I can't find the link but I did read an article about a trans woman who was shocked at the way women are actually treated in society after they transitioned and appeared female presenting? They simply weren't used to for example being constantly interrupted and mansplained

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The absolute worst of surgeries is 'genital nullification'. It leaves the area totally smooth apart from a tiny hole for urine. It is becoming offered by more and more doctors in the US

Warning - graphic pics in links

https://www.alignsurgical.com/non-binary/nullification/

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The absolute worst of surgeries is 'genital nullification'. It leaves the area totally smooth apart from a tiny hole for urine. It is becoming offered by more and more doctors in the US

Warning - graphic pics in links

https://www.alignsurgical.com/non-binary/nullification/

Yeah isn't that a designer vagina thing as well as being gender affirming? Like being totally smooth :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Seems a bit one sided here though.
Well, pretty much everywhere else online (looking at you, twitter) is an echo chamber of men (and bizarrely, some women) screaming women down and calling us terfs, threatening to rape us, get us fired from our jobs, get us cancelled, kill us, all because we have the temerity to call a man a man and a woman a woman and asserting that no amount of surgery or bullshit pronouns will change that.
It's in our interest to protect our spaces and protect our rights, surely that makes sense?
God forbid that you find it "one sided" in this forum, if that's the worst thing you can possibly say about the discourse here, compared to what women have to endure elsewhere for having a different opinion then that's a OK 👍
I find it heartening that there's a community here of women (and men!) that can talk freely about the misogynistic trans agenda - for instance, I find it strange that so many "trans women" seem to have such a hatred of women, I wonder why that is?
TRAs display the same traits as any other men that are dangerous to women - verbal abuse and insults, threats of violence and intimidation tactics that women have always had to put up with to try to shut us up.
Women don't threaten to rape and kill people for not agreeing with them... is this the "other side" that you wish to see more of here?
Because "the other side" of the debate, to me, is we all have to blindly accept what we know simply isn't true and bullying people into complying with this utter nonsense. JMO

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I mean, I admire their commitment. If anyone goes through that they can call themselves a woman sorry :LOL: they must reallyyy want it
I can't find the link but I did read an article about a trans woman who was shocked at the way women are actually treated in society after they transitioned and appeared female presenting? They simply weren't used to for example being constantly interrupted and mansplained
Nah, they still can’t call themselves a woman. No amount of mutilation will make you one. Women are not robots that can be manufactured on the surgeons table.

I’m still going through painful and worrying gynae issues (don’t want to be specific) and a close friend is going through a horrendous pregnancy. An older close female relative who had come through breast cancer years ago is now going through menopause and is struggling massively. Women go through so much tit physically in our lifetime. A man voluntarily having bottom surgery to have a Frankenstein ‘neovagina’ made…I’m sorry no, he does not get to I call himself a woman because of this. Again, that’s a total insult to women. I wish they’d accept themselves for who they are. Men.

Also, that’s interesting about noticing the mansplaining. Interesting they didn’t notice it when they were men 🤔 hmm.

I have heard trans men say they notice that presenting as a man means you are listened to more. That when you walk in a room you’ll be respected more than the women. And you are taken more seriously. This was the two trans men from the transparency podcast saying this. I’ve seen photos I’d say they both pass pretty well as male and pretty much live ‘stealth’ so I think most people would just assume they are male and treat them accordingly. I find it pretty depressing (although it’s not news to me), that women are not given as much respect. It’s no wonder the young generation of women want out😣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I have heard trans men say they notice that presenting as a man means you are listened to more. That when you walk in a room you’ll be respected more than the women. And you are taken more seriously. This was the two trans men from the transparency podcast saying this. I’ve seen photos I’d say they both pass pretty well as male and pretty much live ‘stealth’ so I think most people would just assume they are male and treat them accordingly. I find it pretty depressing (although it’s not news to me), that women are not given as much respect. It’s no wonder the young generation of women want out😣
I read about this from a trans economist I admire. She said (jokingly) that the first time her colleagues overlooked her opinion was the first time she felt accepted. She was very well regarded before transitioning.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I read about this from a trans economist I admire. She said (jokingly) that the first time her colleagues overlooked her opinion was the first time she felt accepted. She was very well regarded before transitioning.
I linked this a few page ago but a similar tone from Paris Lees re catcalling.

Grace Lavery and Andrea Long Chu have also spoken positively of similar things in their writing.

I find it so grim that they feel affirmed in their 'womanhood' when they experience the sexism all women experience their whole life. duck that.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
I think, with all the politics that went on yesterday, this got a bit lost in the shuffle ❤

She is being raked over the coals, but now that Maya's won, hopefully more MPs from Labour/Lib Dems/Greens will feel safer coming out in support of women's rights.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think, with all the politics that went on yesterday, this got a bit lost in the shuffle ❤

She is being raked over the coals, but now that Maya's won, hopefully more MPs from Labour/Lib Dems/Greens will feel safer coming out in support of women's rights.
I feel like no one really understood this case tbh in my eyes it was very much clear cut discrimination and she was unfairly dismissed for expressing some views. The transgender stuff is neither here nor there for me, whether you agree with what she said or not, you should be absolutely bleeping appalled that she lost her job for it! All Labour MPs should have workers rights at the front of their mind, it’s only right that Marsha is showing support for the outcome of this case?
Anyway, I’m loving all of the white people in the comments flaming Marsha for this as well, they’re all ‘LISTEN TO POC WOMEN’, until one of them says something that they disagree with…

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.