Gender Discussion #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree in the sense that there are certain things which are acceptable nowadays which I totally disagree with in regards to sexualisation of young children, but in Islam they worship Muhammed, a 50 year old guy who married a 6 year old and the Catholic church refuses to accept that it continues to provide a safe haven for n0nces, so I can’t lie, I’m not sure any of the traditional abrahamic religions are any better lol.
I was referring to the philosophy of the ancient teachings rather than current practices which I agree are dubious. I also can't really include Islam in my observations as I don't know enough about it.

Reactions: 3
I've just read something which has upset me.. the below post appeared on my LinkedIn feed after one of my contacts commented on it....

So many people in the comments agreeing with her (thankfully, my contact did not agree)

It's really sad to see a post like this from anyone, but especially from a woman.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 12.19.20.png
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 12.19.47.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I've just read something which has upset me.. the below post appeared on my LinkedIn feed after one of my contacts commented on it....

So many people in the comments agreeing with her (thankfully, my contact did not agree)

It's really sad to see a post like this from anyone, but especially from a woman.
Reminds me of a saying I once heard.

"'They said it was my fault' said the bikini.
'They said that to me too. said the burka."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

F1 was mentioned recently on a previous thread, this was a really interesting interview highlighting issues I'd not considered. Obviously women are not as strong as men, and F1 is a tremendous physical challenge, but I'd never thought that wider hips made difficulties for simply getting into the cockpit, nor the angle of attack of the pedals (I imagine that is the same thigh angle which means male cyclists transfer more power to the pedal directly), nor the thickness of the steering wheel.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
So, we're starting to see the first angry de transitioners going into the system now. It's a start. Hopefully more will follow.

As much as I loathe religion, I do think it's had its place in keeping peoples nastiest behaviour in check and rendered certain things taboo so far fewer people have indulged themselves. It seems anything goes now, which is just degrading society tbh. What goes on consensually behind closed doors is fair enough and tolerable, but it's now influencing every aspect of the social sphere and that's harmful. Nobody can demand that everyone believes the same thing, that only happens in places like North Korea. We have freedom of thought here, if not expression.

Religion also teaches that individuals aren't the centre of their own universe. It teaches humility, selflessness and sobriety and self control. These are all utterly unfashionable now and treated with contempt. This is how far down the road we are now. We're back in the rutting, debauched, abusive, pedophilic days of the Roman Empire. I'm not even exaggerating. The only thing missing is slaughter for fun.

I don't like religions for how they all treat women, but the deeper philosophical aspects are meaningful and can benefit all.
I'm an atheist and I agree with you. I feel like gender ideology has filled a space that was once at least partially inhabited by organised religion. Gender ideology is very similar to a cult or religion in the way it acts as a tool of social control, creates an 'in group' and an 'out group' and has authoritarian rules about what behaviour is considered right and wrong. It's also metaphysical/involves a lot of blind faith and magical thinking. Humans are social creatures who crave the acceptance (and for some, the structure and guidance) of a group. Gender ideology, like religion, tells individuals they are special and unique and morally superior and both promise peace and happiness if only you follow the rules.

I think we're living through a very strange time - in the West, living lives of relative comfort, good health, peace and prosperity, which has given us time for navel gazing narcissism. Nobody struggling for subsistence has the time to be bothered about pronouns.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

That's so, so good. I've often thought was a little baby dressed provocative or a 90 year old woman asleep in her bed?

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I'm an atheist and I agree with you. I feel like gender ideology has filled a space that was once at least partially inhabited by organised religion. Gender ideology is very similar to a cult

I think we're living through a very strange time - in the West, living lives of relative comfort, good health, peace and prosperity, which has given us time for navel gazing narcissism. Nobody struggling for subsistence has the time to be bothered about pronouns.
It is a cult and it needs to be recognised as one.
Totally agree about the navel gazing narcissism. I feel like we reached a stage where no one had anything to protest about so the younger generation starting making stuff up. So they could be oppressed too. It always seems to me that the empty kettles making the most noise were the over privileged ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It is a cult and it needs to be recognised as one.
Totally agree about the navel gazing narcissism. I feel like we reached a stage where no one had anything to protest about so the younger generation starting making stuff up. So they could be oppressed too. It always seems to me that the empty kettles making the most noise were the over privileged ones.
I agree.
You don’t see people in poorest countries worrying about whether they have a boy day or a girl day. They are too busy worrying about where their next meal or water is coming from

I agree.
You don’t see people in poorest countries worrying about whether they have a boy day or a girl day. They are too busy worrying about where their next meal or water is coming from
That's it, exactly. Comfortable lives with no stresses, and 2 years of covid/ being at home/ lockdowns has given them too much entitled thinking time to waste on absolute tit.

• Heart
A cult, yes, that's what it reminds me of.

Young people have a habit of needing to be angry about something as well. Social injustice scratches that itch, only they get derailed and become misguided and see injustices that aren't there.

Reactions: 11
It is most definitely a cult in my view.

I think I downloaded these from this thread but am posting them again
1649714353559.png

1649528317492.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I’ve heard this too but it went like this:

”they said it was my fault”, said the bikini.
”they said that to me too,” said the burqa.
The nappy in the corner couldn’t even speak.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

View attachment 1377911View attachment 1377912
I'm 5ft tall with a K cup. It's impossible to dress without 'drawing attention' to them, even wearing a turtleneck. They were an E cup by 13, I wasn't trying to draw attention to them then either.

Also, it is so infantilising men. It's LinkedIn. If they can't keep out of women's DMs then that is their own fault. Most men are capable of being professional.

Also also, the specific men she's trying to impress will never see her as an equal. No matter how much she panders to them.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.